Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

The fact he can't tackle can be over looked. After all, Delph is a poor tackler and someone has been at Man Utd for years and still can't tackle.

You can afford a weakness in your game if you're exceptionally good at other things. Comparing Makoun to Scholes because they both can't tackle is like comparing Barry Bannan to Messi because they're both not very tall.

he wasn't comparing makoun and scholes as players, he said they both have a similar trait in they can't tackle which they do i think

The fact he can't tackle can be over looked. After all, Delph is a poor tackler and someone has been at Man Utd for years and still can't tackle.

You can afford a weakness in your game if you're exceptionally good at other things. Comparing Makoun to Scholes because they both can't tackle is like comparing Barry Bannan to Messi because they're both not very tall.

he wasn't comparing makoun and scholes as players, he said they both have a similar trait in they can't tackle which they do i think

Yes he was. He said the fact that he can't tackle can be overlooked, citing Scholes as a reason why. It's like saying that we should overlook Dunne's lack of fitness and fondness for a pint and then give Paul McGrath as an example of why. It's nonsense. If a player has a weakness to his game, then he both has to be extremely good at other facets of the game, and also probably play next to somebody who's exceptional at doing the thing he isn't. Scholes makes up for his lack of tackling by being world class at passing and making space for himself and very rarely giving the ball away, and has also played next to people like Roy Keane.

I think the criticism leading to him being written off by some is ridiculous.

He’s looked more than useful when he’s played. He has a tendency to fade out of games after a booking and he was robbed up at Goodison.

I think the criticism leading to him being written off by some is ridiculous.

He’s looked more than useful when he’s played. He has a tendency to fade out of games after a booking and he was robbed up at Goodison.

Who's writing him off? Some people think he will do well, some that he might not.

I haven’t said any such thing. I think he's a good player, who'll be a massive asset to the middle of our park.

You however said “Berson never looked terrible, but it was clear to me early on that he wouldn't be a success in the Premier League, and I feel the same about Makoun.”.

Which is you writing him off as another Berson.

Oh Dear, I thought Berson looked ok and was dissappointed when he went, Thought his games against Man U & Chelsea were quite impressive.

Just goes to show how difficult a managers job is to please everyone when even our opinions on players are so diverse.

....but i suppose the acid test is,when they do leave,is what do they go on to do?

Makoun can tackle, he's just adjusting to the league. Shocking how many people writing him off already.

He'll be a very good player for us next season, if not he'll be a great squad player.

Really pisses me off when people usa Makoun and Bradley to bitch about GH considering they didnt cost barely anything/nothing and are adjusting to the league/probably wont be here next season. Its pathetic

Really pisses me off when people usa Makoun and Bradley to bitch about GH considering they didnt cost barely anything/nothing and are adjusting to the league/probably wont be here next season. Its pathetic

A lot is in response to this notion that houllier is a god in the transfer market

Makoun can tackle, he's just adjusting to the league. Shocking how many people writing him off already.

He'll be a very good player for us next season, if not he'll be a great squad player.

I can't see him being here next season.

He has been hit and miss. Some it seems have gone way over the top on him based on a couple of very good performances some have written him off based on a number of poor performances. Nothing new in that.

As I've said previously based on what I've seen of him, and I've been at every game he has played, he doesn't looked suited to this league and is easily bullied out of games. Thats not to say he is a poor player because he isn't.

I think he has had a taste of the Premier League, hasn't liked it, and will be off in the summer. If he is still here next season and starts performing consistently to a high level and can handle those players/teams that get stuck in to you and don't give you time on the ball then great. I just don't see it.

A lot is in response to this notion that houllier is a god in the transfer market

Its a ridiculous response considering Makoun has been here for less than 6 months, has been banned, injured and away with family whilst needing to adjust to the league. Only cost us 30k wages and a pittance at £4m. Even if he's just a squad player he is a much better value squad player than we currently have.

Bradley was free and is clearly considered a Reserve. Somebody who can do a job if required ( a la a repeat Injury Crisis ) but isnt near the first team. He's also completely free.

So. Houllier can buy (at the very least) squad players for better money and better wages than previously (Only NRC was a first teamer under MON to be on less than 40k a week). He also has CL experience (more than any other player at the club. Sounds like a sound investment to me.

And spends 0 money on making sure there is somewhat competent backup in the event of an injury crisis?

Oh dear, thats so terrible, I completely understand how these two players are a major part of anti-houllier. Whatever will we do with squad players who have played CL recently and making sure we arent **** if our midfielders get injured and have to play Salifou. Disgusting.

Bannan's been much more useful than Makoun this season. He's not perfect, but then young players rarely are, but he's been better than any of the midfielders that Houllier has brought in, ie Pires, Makoun and Bradley, who in respectively have been old and terrible, distinctly average, and a complete waste of time.

Bannan's been much more useful than Makoun this season. He's not perfect, but then young players rarely are, but he's been better than any of the midfielders that Houllier has brought in, ie Pires, Makoun and Bradley, who in respectively have been old and terrible, distinctly average, and a complete waste of time.

i can understand picking bannan over pires and bradley because they are 2 of the worst midfielders in the league, the same can't be said for makoun, regardless of what you think of his performances so far

I don't think Makoun's one of the worst midfielders in the league, certainly not. I just don't think that he'll be good enough to be our first choice long term central midfielder. I don't think Bannan's good enough for that either yet, but I'd rather see wee Barry given the opportunities from the bench instead of Makoun. Bannan for me is the only midfielder we have capable of making himself a bit of time and space, and his range of passing is fantastic. Makoun's more of a get the ball and pass it instantly type of player, which is a good skill to have, but I think Banna's ability to create time on the ball in the bustle of the Premier League is an extremely important one. It's something Mark Draper used to do (before he went shit).

Â