Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

perhaps SHA or Cov will take him off our hands, he'd probably just about cut it at Championship level

he'd walk into our present team

He clearly wouldn't. Hence why hes in Greece.

:D if he was in the country, he would've

Think you have missed my point SGC.

Hes not in the country because hes not been good enough and therefore wouldnt walk into the team

perhaps SHA or Cov will take him off our hands, he'd probably just about cut it at Championship level

he'd walk into our present team

He clearly wouldn't. Hence why hes in Greece.

:D if he was in the country, he would've

Hes not in the country because hes not been good enough and therefore wouldnt walk into the team

he is an excellent footballer, great ball control and passing and movement

8 games and apparently people could tell he wasn't good enough :lol:

only on VT... Just because he is on loan somewhere else doesn't mean he isn't good enough, he probably opted to leave knowing we'd have this current rubbish manager in charge.

I presume Chelsea should've done the same with Drogba too when he moved from Ligue 1 too.

only on VT... Just because he is on loan somewhere else doesn't mean he isn't good enough, he probably opted to leave knowing we'd have this current rubbish manager in charge.

I presume Chelsea should've done the same with Drogba too when he moved from Ligue 1 too.

Well for once it's not only on VT but actually down at VP because if he was good enough he would still be here and playing wekk in week out. Even the guy that bought dropped him when the penny finally dropped that relegation was on the cards. He has neither the physique, temperment or game for our league. And he's not the first good player not to make it here. These things happen sometimes. Doesn't mean he's a poor player.

Very few players coming in from foreign leagues settles straight away, particularly when joining in January.

Dzeko joined City during the same window and was terrible for the remaining games of that season, yet he now looks like one of City's most important players. I'd have liked to have seen us persist with Jean II Makoun for a little longer than the handfull of games he had last year.

Is that the case? Or did Makoun try and force a move away from sunny Birmingham now GH has gone?

Yeah, the Dzeko comparison is apt. Hell, we're giving NZogbia (a 'proven premier league player') some leeway to settle and it baffles me why some here can't afford the same to Makoun who has barely played a handful of games since coming from France.

Depends on who's posts you read.

There are plenty of people slating N'Zogbia so define giving him a chance? If you mean he's still playing well I cant think of many wide players at the club challenging him for his place at the moment, and even the manager hasn't started him every week regardless of form.

I dont think he's playing well and if we had alternatives I'd be arguing the case for dropping him, we dont so we have little choice but to pick him and hope he plays.

Makoun was not playing well either, but was in a position where we did have a degree of cover. He perhaps wanted a move away and we definately would have been interested in saving his wages (provided Olympiakos are actually paying his wages).

For me he looked a player that needed the extra time you get on the ball in continental football, he always seemed a yard or 2 off the pace in the Prem and whilst he may have adapted the question was undoubtedly whether his wages could have been better utilised elsewhere.

I'm assuming that as he was allowed, perhaps even encouraged to leave, that he wan't going to be part of the first team any time soon.

And the fact he's not regularly starting at his loan team would indicate that perhaps it was the correct decision.

Oh so were not allowed to judge Makoun on a handful of games, but its ok to judge Mcliesh on a similar amount of games?

Oh so were not allowed to judge Makoun on a handful of games, but its ok to judge Mcliesh on a similar amount of games?

:D so true. some people have agendas on here but cant be consistent with it.

Why would they loan out a player who scored 16 goals for them in his first season - which included 2 months of being injured?

Sure, not Drogba's best season but at least he gave some indication he could be half decent

For about the 100th time...I agree that we would be stronger with J2M was in the team. Madness to let him go.

I see NRC has settled well at Bolton too, could do with somebody like him in the middle ATM.

Basically, 2 of our better CM's and theyve gone. For nothing.

I see NRC has settled well at Bolton too, could do with somebody like him in the middle ATM.

Are you just saying this so as to add more weight to your argument or do you honestly believe it?

His peformances in general have been poor and the job he would do here is Herds role who is doing very well. Also if Herd was playing the DM role in a team that has shipped 27 goals I doubt him or the defence would be getting much praise.

Whilst I quite liked NRC when he was here its clear to see that with Herd, Petrov and now Jenas we really dont need him.

Had a couple of iffy games when he first went there but has been playing well lately. He was superb against Stoke yesterday.

Thats what happens when you give new signings a bit of time to settle in though. Unless your name is Stephen Ireland of course

Getting rid of Reo Coker was a decision driven by money (from both sides), rather than football. I don't think many people would dismiss the value he brought to our side during his time here.

Sadly, there will be plenty more usefull players to follow; Cuellar & Makoun amongst them.

Had a couple of iffy games when he first went there but has been playing well lately. He was superb against Stoke yesterday.

but was playing Stoke a team with no midfield. He has been rubbish-mediocre in other matches

NRC was available on a free and the best team that wanted him was bolton. Also after signing him bolton then let in goals for fun.

How on earth does any of that show we should have kept him.

Makoun was judged by people on vt for 8 games but Mcleish, houllier and g mac saw a lot more of him and all them seem to come to the same conclusion.

Â