Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Personally I think Makoun left because he wanted to go now GH has gone, rather then AMC pushing him out the door. In the same way that Cabaye would only join us if GH was in charge.

Sad if true.

Yep very. One good thing about ged was his pulling power. We'll never know

Considering Makoun only managed to get 8 starts under Houllier, and only played 4 full games, it's hard to imagine that he developed some deep attachment to Gerard that would mean he just had to leave when GH was gone.

Also, call me a sceptic, but I find the "Cabaye didn't come to Villa because Houllier wasn't staying" story a bit hard to take when you read on to the bit where he says that no-one in the Premier League made an offer until he got a phone call from Alan Pardew, who he didn't know at all but sounded nice on the phone, so he went to Newcastle. Doesn't sound he was as definite as people are making out over which coaches he would or wouldn't play for!

Considering Makoun only managed to get 8 starts under Houllier, and only played 4 full games, it's hard to imagine that he developed some deep attachment to Gerard that would mean he just had to leave when GH was gone.

Also, call me a sceptic, but I find the "Cabaye didn't come to Villa because Houllier wasn't staying" story a bit hard to take when you read on to the bit where he says that no-one in the Premier League made an offer until he got a phone call from Alan Pardew, who he didn't know at all but sounded nice on the phone, so he went to Newcastle. Doesn't sound he was as definite as people are making out over which coaches he would or wouldn't play for!

He played under Houllier at Lyon if I'm not mistaken.'

edited for accuracy

He played under Houllier at Lille if I'm not mistaken.

When did Houllier manage Lille?

Lyon.

Sir_Gary_Cahill, Messi is world class, Ronaldo is world class, Makoun isn't even guaranteed a start for Cameroon. He was not world class against Fulham, rarely did our midfielders link up play with our strikers that day. We were good first half of that match, poor second half. We got a flukey own goal goal and wonder goal from a right back that day.

Makouns a tidy player, Jenas is a tidy player. If Makoun does well at Oly, hopefully we can have him next season, if he still wants to play for us.

When did Houllier manage Lille?

Sorry about that, I meant Lyon.

edited for accuracy

I'm not a big stato on French football but I think Houllier left Lyon in May 2007 and Makoun joined (indeed, from Lille) in June 2008?

edited for accuracy

I'm not a big stato on French football but I think Houllier left Lyon in May 2007 and Makoun joined (indeed, from Lille) in June 2008?

Oh okay, then I agree with your point.

80 mins of 3yd square balls and mistimed tackles no doubt

That made me chuckle. Andy Gray said something similar the other day (not about Makoun). He was saying how stats can be made into what you want them to be, he was saying how people rave about Barcelona making 2 or 3 hundred passes a game, but how many of them are accross the back 4 being as they never take a long goal kick? Maybe half?

93 successful passes against Man Utd wasnt it for Makoun? How many of them were leading to creating chances? None of them! And after that game people were saying he would be playing for Chelsea or such like by next season!

Â