wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Ronaldo looks slightly awkward at this point, whilst he’s nodding along he starts saying “I thought I could keep scoring…” then corrects it to “I believe I can keep scoring” but doesn’t mention top level or similar words.

He knew already he was finished at the top and wanted to grab more money before calling it a day.

I strongly suspect he won’t see out 2 years playing in Saudi. 

Given the distain he has for anyone on his team who misplaces a pass it’s kind of interesting to see what he’ll make of his new team mates.

Not that I’ll ever watch him kick a ball in SaudiArabia.

Edited by villaglint

26 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Given the distain he has for anyone on his team who misplaces a pass it’s kind of interesting to see what he’ll make of his new team mates.

Not that I’ll ever watch him kick a ball in SaudiArabia.

Looking at the squad they have some good foreign players that probably ahould not be playing at that level

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

So that is why he was offered there then?

I would say Mendes was calling clubs and dropping his name

Mendes would probably dropped him at Wolves if had his way

Edited by Zatman

The way I’ve always looked at this debate is, if I could had chosen to have one of these guys at the Villa for a decade or so who would I have chosen? 

And it’s not even close. Messi. 

So in addition to the statistical nuances of non penalty goals, goals scored in the latter stages of the champions league, goals scored while Neptune is in ascension…I assume there will now be a “Well the Saudi league isn’t totally without merit, the goals scored there should be held in equal value to the existing total…” element to this Messi/Ronaldo debate*

Something to look forward to.

* I say debate, I personally think it’s been conclusively answered for a while now.

You know it's bad when Jorge Mendes is the good guy. :D 

It's a longer article and Google translate is having a terrible time translating it but in short Mendes and Ronaldo have split.

Manchester United divorce Cristiano Ronaldo from Jorge Mendes

Agent even stopped representing his superstar in November, when Cristiano broke up with United in his absence. Until yesterday, Polaris still managed the image rights.

And all Manchester United took. This sentence sums up what may have been the end of the most fruitful relationship ever between an agent and a Portuguese footballer. It was the middle of last November when, against the will of Jorge Mendes, Cristiano Ronaldo made his divorce with the English club irreversible, by granting journalist Piers Morgan an interview that was deliberately offensive to the coach, the structure and even the cook. Mendes spent months looking for an elite team that would accept Cristiano and he knew there was only one: Manchester United. Closed that door, no other would open.

Ronaldo and Mendes disagreed about what was to come for some time. The second could feel the market well when Cristiano and Juventus wanted to separate. The first did not admit to conforming to a secondary role or a smaller stage than the Champions League.

https://www.publico.pt/2023/01/03/desporto/noticia/manchester-united-divorciou-cristiano-ronaldo-jorge-mendes-2033640

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Â