wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How can an MLS team afford him without cooking the books?

DP spots do not count against the cap.

I have tickets to STL SC vs Inter Miami in July. Those tickets may have become an all time investment.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How can an MLS team afford him without cooking the books?

Some deal involving a % of shares with Adidas and shares in Inter Miami itself after he retires, on top of any wages he gets.

23 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

DP spots do not count against the cap.

I have tickets to STL SC vs Inter Miami in July. Those tickets may have become an all time investment.

Is this why Phil Neville was sacked? No way was he going to be allowed to manage the greatest player ever 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Is this why Phil Neville was sacked? No way was he going to be allowed to manage the greatest player ever 🤣

He also was hyper critical of everything, and the supporters turned on him hard, even booing his son when he put him on in his last game as manager.

25 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

He also was hyper critical of everything, and the supporters turned on him hard, even booing his son when he put him on in his last game as manager.

Probably felt like 2 generations of nepotism to them :lol:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

To be fair to Ronaldo he tried to play at the top level and managed it until he was 38. Messi gave up at 33, surprised he's going to the US but I assume no European team wanted him.

He's 35. I'm sure there are plenty of teams who want him, he's been statistically the best player in Europe this season, just won his country the world cup etc. Ronaldo played til 38, but Messi's still more the accomplished player by almost every metric, so what do those extra years of longevity amount to really?

He just came out and said he wants to get out of Europe and focus on his family in the states. Nice cushy deal with near constant residuals, playing at a lower level, and with the option of being loaned out to Europe if he ever fancies getting more competitive (say, ahead of a Copa). I'm sure us fans would have liked to see him test himself for longer, but he's already completed football. What's the motivation?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ronaldo won his 199th cap last night, should be 200 in midweek

Even if an egotist its impressive he always turned up for Portugal

He’s not even the oldest player in the squad 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Messi being paid $25m over 3 years to promote Saudi Arabia according to New York Times.

This will be the deal he got into trouble with PSG by going out there without permission then.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

This will be the deal he got into trouble with PSG by going out there without permission then.

He was already signed to Saudi Arabia while at PSG

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was already signed to Saudi Arabia while at PSG

Yeah, I wondered if this was a new deal / extension. Initially I assumed it was to do another of these crazy money deals like Benzema and Ronaldo but seems not.

I wonder if we’ll hear Messi speak English in Miami, has it ever happened before?

• 5 months later...
Â