• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Well, that's settled that one.

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Case Closed ladies and gentlemen. It's been a wonderful 17 years 

See, this is what I was getting annoyed at @KAZZAM :D 

Honestly, he's the best I've ever seen, no doubt, but I just don't think a game won of penalties makes a difference either way, if an Mbappe hattrick wins France the WC, I still don't think Messi isn't the greatest. He's been phenomenal for my entire adult life, he's an incredible player. Today, he was good, but I just think this talk that winning the WC settles the conversation to be a bit odd. It's a reputation defined over 20 years.

The WC win shouldn't make a difference at all, but it's a stupid thing that's been hanging over his head for years and the Argentinian media used to give him a lot of grief over his international record (basically, for not being Maradona).

I'm delighted he can shut some of his naysayers up with this win.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

See, this is what I was getting annoyed at @KAZZAM :D 

Honestly, he's the best I've ever seen, no doubt, but I just don't think a game won of penalties makes a difference either way, if an Mbappe hattrick wins France the WC, I still don't think Messi isn't the greatest. He's been phenomenal for my entire adult life, he's an incredible player. Today, he was good, but I just think this talk that winning the WC settles the conversation to be a bit odd. It's a reputation defined over 20 years.

His club career already solidifies him. The world cup is the cherry on top that effectively ends any debate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

His club career already solidifies him. The world cup is the cherry on top that effectively ends any debate.

Is it really a closer debate if Martinez doesn't save a penalty but Lloris does?

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is it really a closer debate if Martinez doesn't save a penalty but Lloris does?

If that happens there will always be that asterisk on his career compared to the likes of Maradona. Unfairly so imo, but that's the discourse.

• Like 1

The past month literally couldn't have gone any worse for Ronaldo in this whole debate. 

• Does some stupid interview with that bellend Piers Morgan
  • Ends up with no club
  • Benched at the World Cup 
  • Messi wins the WC and cements himself as the number 1. 

The Argentina players mentality and belief to do everything they possibly can just so they can get Messi his World Cup is unmatched.

2 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

He's 2 trophies away from becoming the most decorated footballer of all time. 

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Who does he need to beat?

This is one of those tricky ones where the answer turns out to be Robert Earnshaw, so I’ll guess him.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Who does he need to beat?

Daniel Alves is the most decorated footballer in history. The Brazilian right-back is widely regarded as the best of all time in that position. Alves has won 44 trophies in his career, including titles with Juventus, Sao Paulo, PSG, and FC Barcelona.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â