Ronaldo V Messi

wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

Would be hilarious if he went to Saudi Arabia instead of Barca. Their fans have already counted him in.

I guess the plan was to have both Messi and Ronaldo there and working for them to make sure they got the 2030 WC. Would be equally funny if Ronaldo are burning his bridges towards Saudi and miss out on the windfall once they get the WC.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s something completely alien to me. Messi obviously didn’t want to go to PSG but followed the money anyway, despite having shit loads of it already.

Same for Ronaldo to Saudi.

Why not enjoy the wealth they’ve built up and play somewhere you want to be? Somewhere you have a connection with or somewhere nice? 

Paris is a nice enough place to play, offered him Champions League footy and a place to park himself ready for the World Cup, not too taxing but competitive enough.  Seemed the most logical place for Messi to go, other than City under Pep.  I'd be surprised if Messi goes to Saudi Arabia now, I have horrid visions of him turning up at St James' Park instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s something completely alien to me. Messi obviously didn’t want to go to PSG but followed the money anyway, despite having shit loads of it already.

Same for Ronaldo to Saudi.

Why not enjoy the wealth they’ve built up and play somewhere you want to be? Somewhere you have a connection with or somewhere nice? 

I agree. They're already wealthy beyond comprehension yet will still go after the biggest payday. Surely it becomes irrelevant after a certain point? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I agree. They're already wealthy beyond comprehension yet will still go after the biggest payday. Surely it becomes irrelevant after a certain point? 

Exactly. The money Ronaldo or Messi earn at this point will never get spent. It’ll just sit in the bank. 

• Like 1

Presumably he will end his career in US then? 

Difficult to see where else he could go. Newcastle if they wanted to make a statement, he obviously has Saudi connections. Don’t see any of the big clubs in PL paying enough to make it happen. 

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Exactly. The money Ronaldo or Messi earn at this point will never get spent. It’ll just sit in the bank. 

I think you might underestimate how big of a yacht they'd like to own.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Presumably he will end his career in US then? 

Difficult to see where else he could go. Newcastle if they wanted to make a statement, he obviously has Saudi connections. Don’t see any of the big clubs in PL paying enough to make it happen. 

£200k a week wages to play for Newcastle, plus £50m a year to be an official Saudi Arabia 2030 ambassador.

€400m a season offer to play in Saudi who he already works for as tourism ambassador. Or back to Barca where he will run the club like he used to. Or Miami, or maybe back to Rosario :D 

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

How long is the contract?

I give it 6 months before his wife puts her foot down like Ronaldo.  It's obscene money.  Depressing really, the only justifiable reason to take it is if he thinks he is done at the top level and it's a choice of this or the USA.

Edited by sharkyvilla
Gender issues

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I give it 6 months before his wife puts his foot down like Ronaldo.  It's obscene money.  Depressing really, the only justifiable reason to take it is if he thinks he is done at the top level and it's a choice of this or the USA.

or the dog and duck with the 600m his already earned sat in his bank account

Guest av1
3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I give it 6 months before his wife puts his foot down 

Did he meet his wife in Bangkok? 

:trollface:

Just now, Genie said:

$10m a week!?!? Oh my. 

Just double checked, French media say it’s a two year deal with a third year optional. Al Hilal is the King’s team and basically an unlimited chequebook. Utter madness. 

Â