wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ronaldo for all his attitude issues but him turning up every time for Portugal is not one of them and it should be respected.

Similar with Modric

Messi for example has retired twice from international football

If it were in his best interest to not turn up he'd do it. Would probably be like Giggs if he played for Wales or something.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Which part? He retired twice from Argentina so whats fake news

Think it was just once in 2016? And was in the heat of the moment, quickly changed his mind. The other time I think you're talking about he basically took a couple of games off in 2018, and there was speculation that he might retire from international football.

It's an odd thing to focus on.

I hope that if Argentina win the World Cup, they give Ronaldo a fake award such as the First Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence and he has to stand there while Messi holds main trophy.

• Haha 3

Just now, Genie said:

Will Portugal arrange a friendly so Ronaldo becomes all time highest appearance record holder, then tell him he should probably retire?

Against Saudi Arabia no doubt.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Will Portugal arrange a friendly so Ronaldo becomes all time highest appearance record holder, then tell him he should probably retire?

The guy he is tied with has got 8 caps this year so might not be a long record 😂

Apparently is another guy with 220 caps

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Which part? He retired twice from Argentina so whats fake news

I can only remember him announcing his retirement after losing 2016 copa america final when he was in emotional state. IIRC he was in their squad for next qualifiers so was a very quick U turn. No idea when the second retirement is supposed to have occurred.

Ronaldo took time out to rest after 2018 world cup so probably was absence from longer period than Messi has been for respective national teams.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Think they'll just call him up for March qualifiers and they'll play the home match at Sporting clube's ground. It's the right time for him to bow out, he'd just be a team mascot in euro 2024 given his minimal impact on the pitch at present moment. Playing in middle east isn't going to make him sharper either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I can only remember him announcing his retirement after losing 2016 copa america final when he was in emotional state. IIRC he was in their squad for next qualifiers so was a very quick U turn. No idea when the second retirement is supposed to have occurred.

Ronaldo took time out to rest after 2018 world cup so probably was absence from longer period than Messi has been for respective national teams.

I think Zat's clutching at straws

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

It’s Messi isn’t it. I know Ronaldo is a bit older, but I just don’t ever recall him doing what Messi did tonight, even in his prime. 

He can't run the show or put a team on his back and drag them through. He was a goal scoring machine, but beyond that he didn't bring much else to the game. Even in his old age, you can't even add leadership to his list of qualities as he's shown at Utd.

• Like 2

Â