Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Cracking result last night, what a great debut for Jean Makoun. Looks a great buy for the money. Gabby is doing real well and Bent is making the runs and working hard.

(Got a few good players have Wigan)

We passed the ball approx 20-25 times last night during one passage of play. Looked confident and the main thing, a team.

I'm so glad I backed him. I can't do a moonwalk but there are 305 VTérs putting one white glove on at the moment and ordering M . Jackson (Dance moves) from Amazon.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From "you're getting sacked in the morning" to "Houllier's Claret and Blue army" in less than 3 weeks. Are we fickle or has Houllier done a good job in turning it around? Probably a bit of both.

Bit of both, particularly think that the grief Houllier has been taking from our clubs and his defence of Villa shows that maybe he has finally got the message.

The main reason I believe is the signing of Darren Bent, its lifted the whole club, lets face it we're 2 years to late in getting Bent and needed a goalscoring striker since Dwight Yorke

I agree, his defending of the club has been magnificent and he has looked like he has enjoyed the fight too. All Villa fans love a manager with fight, its the way we are I guess. Still... big games ahead and things can still go pear shaped.

...... Not afraid to drop the big names

.......Not afraid to put in the kids

.......Not afraid to spend 18/24 million on one player.

.......Not afraid to make changes

.......Enters the transfer market at logical times

.....makes coherent & analitical sense when talking about performances.

seems to be doing ok to me.

....Doesn't pick his favourites and let the rest rot.

....Doesn't say every word in the dictionary but still say nothing at all to the press.

....Doesn't seem to encourage hoofball.

Anyone any more? We're making a list!

Hopefully we can give Manure a game because moving up the league is the only thing that counts right now. I reckon we will get a result against Blackburn, and then its all about getting something from the Theatre of words removed before a long, winnable run of games.

I wanted him gone a month back after the Man City shambles but one month later and things are definately looking up. With the run of games we have until the Arsenal match, we could be fighting for a UEFA place come the end of the seaosn. So lets not lose hope, especially as the team are playing far, far better now.

Credit to GH he has emerged from a VERY difficult period with a smile and collectedness which has surprised me. Solid performances so far this year, and a clearer (and exciting) indication of where he is going with Villa.

I fully expect him to continue to tweak the line-up and formation, but expect major surgery in the Summer if players can't fit the system. Most encouraging of all we are seeing some real performances from players, all seem to have lifted their game - this surely puts to bed the notion of dressing room unrest, I am convinced all those on show want to be part of Houllier's project and Villas furture.

Last few games he as really turned it around and the lads now look like the close knit bunch all pulling in the same direction that they used to be and its good to see. Some very good business in the transfer window not just in who have come in but also in those who have been shipped out. Fair play to Houllier. Bottom line will always be about getting results and if that can continue then I don't see how anyone can complain.

anyone actually read his wikki entry in full. Doesn't make great reading TBH - His cup treble was very much a one off - rest his career is littered with big money flops, promises of 'turning the corner' - and fans unhappy with his negative style of play.

anyone actually read his wikki entry in full. Doesn't make great reading TBH - His cup treble was very much a one off - rest his career is littered with big money flops, promises of 'turning the corner' - and fans unhappy with his negative style of play.

Not exactly a Houllier supporter but you left out his stint at Lyon.

Â