415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't really know where to post this table. It's interesting...I think. (Bolton are highlighted because it's from an article about them)

long_passes_table.jpg

Stoke :shock:

They stick to 35 yard throw ins

Totally behind him now, maybe that's knee-jerk? I don't care.

Bent has added a new dimension in the final 3rd (and own half in the last 10 minutes), Makoun looks very good, the players seem motivated and behind Houllier.

Unbeaten in four games and moving on up. Everyone has to be behind 100% now, for the good of the season and the club.

Played some really lovely football today. It does seem now everyone has been fit for a while, couple new signings, players have just lifted the game.

Not 100% about right man but signs are starting to look positive. I must say though, I can't see why anyone would NOW vote 'sack'....it'd obviously make no sense, we'll see at the end of the season...then it'll be more of a debate.

I'm also glad we are pretty much moving away from relegation and up the table, especially considering some people believed it was near certainty we'd go down under Houllier.

GH must have bollocks the size of mars.

How often has he surprised us with his team selection since the Sunderland game.

He isnt afraid to make the big calls and i think this will benefit the club massively in the long run

Journalists were tweeting that Villa's fans where chanting GH's name tonight. If true that's some turn around - with just two signings and two wins...

On a side note - Villa's fans were getting rave reviews for their performance tonight on the twittosphere.

Looking rather better isn't it?

The way this season has panned out thus far could be a minor blessing in disguise in a way only possible after you've won a game and feeling positive, but, there's no real pressure now this season if we continue to put space between us and the bottom three, the season is written off right?

Meaning Ged can have a good look at the whole squad including the fringe/youth players which in turn will give him a complete picture of the strengths and weaknesses of the current players heading into the summer, as I say, it's a minor positive but after the season we've had you have to look a little harder for good news :)

I'm still confused as to how he's managed to turn it around. Things were looking very grim at the end of last year and even I didn't think he could turn it around. Except for that blip against Sunderland we've been on the up this year.

I said after Sunderland that he should be sacked. I'm glad I'm not in charge of that decision! Still not overly pleased with how he has conducted himself in certain areas, but I am beginning to like him more and more. Plus, I like that he isn't afraid to make changes and that he has been able to attract some signings. Houllier ftw!

Journalists were tweeting that Villa's fans where chanting GH's name tonight. If true that's some turn around - with just two signings and two wins...

On a side note - Villa's fans were getting rave reviews for their performance tonight on the twittosphere.

I deffo heard "Houlliers claret & blue army" tonite.

He needs to play Gabby in the hole now imo, when Gabby played in the hole the game changed.. Gabby in the hole and Ash/Downing on the wings again.. Bent upfront.. other then that good sub changes though.

Totally agree.

completely agree with this. Gabby offers more there and Young is wasted there. have the option then to bring on heskey for bent or aggy or take off a midfielder and bring on heskey and go for it!

would like to see reo and petrov in mf for the season with makoun and delph taking over next. good to see herd and baker getting in and around.

albrighton needs ot be rested now and again but he shd def be playng against utd!

Played some really lovely football today. It does seem now everyone has been fit for a while, couple new signings, players have just lifted the game.

Not 100% about right man but signs are starting to look positive. I must say though, I can't see why anyone would NOW vote 'sack'....it'd obviously make no sense, we'll see at the end of the season...then it'll be more of a debate.

I'm also glad we are pretty much moving away from relegation and up the table, especially considering some people believed it was near certainty we'd go down under Houllier.

Surely we are overdue an "experiment" ;)

I'd like to see how that looks now.

Guest villantoby

Thought I'd share this with you guys although not too sure where to put it: On the topic of not knowing where to put it I was sat in the players lounge at DW this evening first two players from either side to come in where Dunne and

Collins. 3-4 pints later they left the lounge for the bus but James decided he wanted a takeaway of two Magners. Most comical villa moment of 2011 was James trying to sneak two magners onto the bus in his socks and down his pants

Â