415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd share this with you guys although not too sure where to put it: On the topic of not knowing where to put it I was sat in the players lounge at DW this evening first two players from either side to come in where Dunne and

Collins. 3-4 pints later they left the lounge for the bus but James decided he wanted a takeaway of two Magners. Most comical villa moment of 2011 was James trying to sneak two magners onto the bus in his socks and down his pants

If thats true, it certainly not surprising....

Journalists were tweeting that Villa's fans where chanting GH's name tonight. If true that's some turn around - with just two signings and two wins...

On a side note - Villa's fans were getting rave reviews for their performance tonight on the twittosphere.

I deffo heard "Houlliers claret & blue army" tonite.

Yeah, that was the only one though. I did wonder whether Bicks was singing it or not though :winkold:

Journalists were tweeting that Villa's fans where chanting GH's name tonight. If true that's some turn around - with just two signings and two wins...

On a side note - Villa's fans were getting rave reviews for their performance tonight on the twittosphere.

Yeah, that was the only one though. I did wonder whether Bicks was singing it or not though :winkold:

I sang many things, though that wasnt one of them.

Was also sang at the Man City game and Sunderland game, pretty much every game.

Just got in, and yes we were.

As for our away support, best in the land. Be proud of us 8)

Villa Fans fickle...... everyone is entitled to be able to change their opinion.

opinions ain't meant to be set in tablets of stone.

Ps here you are now you can all come back on and say you want his babies.

Villa Fans fickle...... everyone is entitled to be able to change their opinion.

ALL fans are fickle Tro. And i gladly admit it.......its part of every fans make up 8)

it was actually said it a disageeing context meaning villa fans arn't fickle......sometimes i could argue with myself.....we all change our opinions, thank god.

...... Not afraid to drop the big names

.......Not afraid to put in the kids

.......Not afraid to spend 18/24 million on one player.

.......Not afraid to make changes

.......Enters the transfer market at logical times

.....makes coherent & analitical sense when talking about performances.

seems to be doing ok to me.

ALL fans are fickle Tro. And i gladly admit it.......its part of every fans make up 8)

it was actually said it a disageeing context meaning villa fans arn't fickle......sometimes i could argue with myself.....we all change our opinions, thank god.

And hindsight is a wonderful gift :lol:

Something has certinly happened at the training ground to get everyone pulling in he same direction again. And thats down to the manager, so fair play to him 8)

And at times tonight, we actually played some good incisive football. Seems he is getting the players into his way of playing.

Played some really good football at times I thought. Maybe it was because Wigan were quite open and allowed us to play but we certainly popped it round the pitch more than I've seen in recent years.

I think we really should be targetting around 50-55 points now for the season if the players really want to push on and be optimistic.

Played some really good football at times I thought. Maybe it was because Wigan were quite open and allowed us to play but we certainly popped it round the pitch more than I've seen in recent years.

I think we really should be targetting around 50-55 points now for the season if the players really want to push on and be optimistic.

We knocked it around really to start the game, then lost our way a bit and picked it up again towards then end of the half. 2nd half we played some good stuff and when Petrov came on, really kept the ball well, till they equalised.

Can't understand why we can't keep the ball more. Teams have spells where they don't get as much of the ball, but with the players we have we should be able to keep it more. I suppose it'll come the more they get used to GH's style of play.

We knocked it around really to start the game, then lost our way a bit and picked it up again towards then end of the half. 2nd half we played some good stuff and when Petrov came on, really kept the ball well, till they equalised.

Can't understand why we can't keep the ball more. Teams have spells where they don't get as much of the ball, but with the players we have we should be able to keep it more. I suppose it'll come the more they get used to GH's style of play.

NRC and Petrov are both very static midfielders in that neither of them really push on up the park often and it makes it hard to form triangles and short passes.

Â