Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

anyone actually read his wikki entry in full. Doesn't make great reading TBH - His cup treble was very much a one off - rest his career is littered with big money flops, promises of 'turning the corner' - and fans unhappy with his negative style of play.

I would think a cup treble would be a one off for most managers? Not exactly many who manage more than one.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone actually read his wikki entry in full. Doesn't make great reading TBH - His cup treble was very much a one off - rest his career is littered with big money flops, promises of 'turning the corner' - and fans unhappy with his negative style of play.

Not exactly a Houllier supporter but you left out his stint at Lyon.

I am a Houllier supporter and I would probably leave that stint out. He won a one team league. Yes you need to do it, but it proves very little in reality. I'd rather look more towards him finishing higher than MON's glass ceiling in England.

So far he has done well in the transfer market so I think we don't have to worry about that, tactics besides playing gabby on the left side he has got spot on and at times we play some nice football.. I really don't see any of those things you mentioned happening atm.. just seems you are ready to dig at whatever really imo.

:|

You really are focusing on the negatives there. To ignore what he did at Lyon is wrong as well.

No one is pretending he's a Ferguson or Wenger but that doesn't mean he's no better than average. I wouldn't mind GH taking Villa to a 'one off' cup winning treble and second in a manu dominated league! As for 'negative play', from what I've seen it's better than MON's.

Last few games he as really turned it around and the lads now look like the close knit bunch all pulling in the same direction that they used to be and its good to see. Some very good business in the transfer window not just in who have come in but also in those who have been shipped out. Fair play to Houllier. Bottom line will always be about getting results and if that can continue then I don't see how anyone can complain.

Says someone who was at THAT game against Liverpool.

Good enough for me.

Well with his first club, he got two consecutive promotions, then went onto Lens who he got promoted and then qualified for Europe. Then to PSG where he won the French title. Then Liverpool where he won a treble, then won the French League twice again.

I'd say generally, he's had success everywhere with different types of teams.

wasn't all that keen on Houllier at the start,but since the signin of kyle walker started to slowly change my mind,bit peed we lost to sunderland but wasn't houlliers fault was heskeys,then he bought Bent in and makoun,add to that his interviews think im finaly warming to him,and to be fair will back him,can't wait till the summer tho if this months 3 signings are anything to go by

So, with a few wins on the bounce and some active transfer market participation, how many of you have changed your minds?

To me, the signings:

-Walker (loan)

-Bradley (loan)

-Bent (quality)

-Makoun (quality)

and even Pires (lovely goal today)

aren't bad at all for January and GH clearly is looking to change things.

I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for a season, personally.

Jesus all you do is moan, give it a rest we've just won 3 in the trot and our last five games reads WDWWW... your obvious hate towards Houllier is just monotonous now, at least some people with balls are admitting that he might be the right man for the job afterall/is making serious improvement.

All starting to take shape. I said it would take time. I scrapped that thought when we were in the relegation zone and thought it's not going to go work. Glad I seem to be so wrong and it is indeed finally falling into shape. Some of you have got great patient levels, I admire that!

I just think it's perspective to be honest mate, far too many football fans want to get rid of a manager if we lose a few in a row but it was never going to be an easy job stepping into this one after the way MON left... Houllier knew what he had to do and took the job on in the confidence that he would sort us out... so far so good in 2011.

All starting to take shape. I said it would take time. I scrapped that thought when we were in the relegation zone and thought it's not going to go work. Glad I seem to be so wrong and it is indeed finally falling into shape. Some of you have got great patient levels, I admire that!

I just think it's perspective to be honest mate, far too many football fans want to get rid of a manager if we lose a few in a row but it was never going to be an easy job stepping into this one after the way MON left... Houllier knew what he had to do and took the job on in the confidence that he would sort us out... so far so good in 2011.

I agree.

The year is going well so far.

I feel we have a chance on tuesday now.

Great to see the liverplop fans in meltdown... love it.

I supported the guy and was burnt/hurt badly by things through November and December. I am not anti Houllier but I am not going to get carried away and get excited right now but I am VERY happy with the way things are going. I guess you could say once bitten twice shy, if things carry on the way they are right now, he will win my backing again.

Glad we stuck with him and we are starting to come out of the other side, who knows what might have happened if we had made the change, especially with someone like big Sam. Lets hope it continues. We also kept our reputation and didn't join the list of clubs who jump the gun at the first sign of trouble. You need to show your manager is the main man, otherwise modern day players will sense they have an influence on things and play on it.

I'm probably on my own, such is my optimismometer at the moment, that I think we can actually get something from the Man Utd game on Tuesday. They have to lose at some point, might just as well be against us. It's not as if they need the points!!

I'm probably on my own, such is my optimismometer at the moment, that I think we can actually get something from the Man Utd game on Tuesday. They have to lose at some point, might just as well be against us. It's not as if they need the points!!
I consider myself an optimist, but I can't see anything other than 0 points from that. We're in good form and on a high, but this is Man U who are most definitely our bogey team.

I consider myself an optimist, but I can't see anything other than 0 points from that. We're in good form and on a high, but this is Man U who are most definitely our bogey team.

Still?

They've not beaten us in three meetings right?

Â