Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

I'm probably on my own, such is my optimismometer at the moment, that I think we can actually get something from the Man Utd game on Tuesday. They have to lose at some point, might just as well be against us. It's not as if they need the points!!
I consider myself an optimist, but I can't see anything other than 0 points from that. We're in good form and on a high, but this is Man U who are most definitely our bogey team.

Still?

They've not beaten us in three meetings right?

3 league meetings yeah.

I know, but it's Manure. We've got no chance.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All starting to take shape. I said it would take time. I scrapped that thought when we were in the relegation zone and thought it's not going to go work. Glad I seem to be so wrong and it is indeed finally falling into shape. Some of you have got great patient levels, I admire that!

I just think it's perspective to be honest mate, far too many football fans want to get rid of a manager if we lose a few in a row but it was never going to be an easy job stepping into this one after the way MON left... Houllier knew what he had to do and took the job on in the confidence that he would sort us out... so far so good in 2011.

To be fair though mate, he took his bloody time. I'll be the first to admit I was calling for his head come the end of December. The football was dire. It would have been fine had we shown any sign of improvement, but there wasn't in my eyes. We were on our way out.

He's even admited himself, that post new year we've gone "back to basics". In such that we'll get the confidence up first, get a few wins in our sails and then try to change things slowly. Unlike before, when he came in tried to change everything at once and completely ballsed it up. He looked out of his depth. Then there was Anfield.

Remarkable turnaround, absolutely remarkable. Well done G man.

Your all fickle.

It's "You're", which is an abbreviation of you are.

"Your" means belonging to.

Oh, and fickle means changing your mind all the time for no good or insincere reasons. Not liking a manager because the football his team plays is shit and the results they produce are alarming, then changing your mind when the quality of football and results dramatically improve does not make somebody fickle.

If we beat Man Utd I think there will be a dramatic increase on fans willing to change their mind. I know a fair few who are still in the "Houllier out" camp but a victory at Old Trafford will sway them across. It's just about keeping momentum up at the minute, we need to win as many games as we possibly can to make up for such a shit start to the season. I still stand by what I originally said that injuries are the main cause of our first half of season decline.

I'd still rather he went at the end of the season for someone younger, maybe have GH bringing in players like DOF or something.
Why bring a new manager in if we finish strongly? It'd make no sense.
I'd just rather us have a manager that will be here for the long hall, I don't see GH being here for 3 or 4 years. beside me not liking him, i'd rather us not have to start all over again in a few short years..

I'd still rather he went at the end of the season for someone younger, maybe have GH bringing in players like DOF or something.
I'd just rather us have a manager that will be here for the long hall, I don't see GH being here for 3 or 4 years. beside me not liking him, i'd rather us not have to start all over again in a few short years..

That's the thing though. with GH, the plan isn't to start again, it's to build on what we have. The problem is, O'Neill left us in a 'we need to rebuild' situation. I'm certain the plan is for when GH to step down with a good squad of talented player, mix of English, British, foreign, great scouting network, good youth player emerging regularly into the first team with a wage bill that works.

That's the thing though. with GH, the plan isn't to start again, it's to build on what we have. The problem is, O'Neill left us in a 'we need to rebuild' situation. I'm certain the plan is for when GH to step down with a good squad of talented player, mix of English, British, foreign, great scouting network, good youth player emerging regularly into the first team with a wage bill that works.

So, do you think another manager that comes in is not going to want to do things his own way??, ok good if he brings in a good scouting network as that will be god long term, all i was saying was that i thinkh could do a good job as DOF with a younger manager with a coaching team that has our youths right through to or first team trying to play the same brand of football.

He will be though that's the thing .He is building for the next manager to come in to a seriously talented mix of British youth and foreign imports to take us from top four challenging to title challengers... and if you think that's a little far fetched now come back in 4-5 years when we're in the Champions League for the second successive year. It's a long process but if MON had bought a bit more youth instead of old players who lost interest after the cup final we wouldn't be in this situation now. But that story is for another day.

So, do you think another manager that comes in is not going to want to do things his own way??, ok good if he brings in a good scouting network as that will be god long term, all i was saying was that i thinkh could do a good job as DOF with a younger manager with a coaching team that has our youths right through to or first team trying to play the same brand of football.

Well yeah but I think Houllier will bring in players to suit different styles of play and not just the sort of 'wide direct approach' we had.

I think we'll have a squad of players, all pretty much at a good age, good players, different abilities, better squad depth, good crop of youngsters, not many changes will be made.

I think their next appointment will be someone with a similar philosophy of football to Houllier and that's what they will look for to keep Villa on a similar path.

So what? MON was only here for 4 years and he did quite a lot. Redknapp's only been at Spurs for just over 2 years and look what he did. I really don't see the logic behind getting rid of a manager because he might not be at the club in a few years time.

when have we had any manager other than Ron Saunders in the last 30 years above 3/4 years....so whats the problem.

Houllier will do that providing he does well.

Cant see a problem,think he will be here for a while,aint as stupid as people think.Been a nob in parts but he is getting where he wants to go,the same as Randy.Imo,i think he is here for the long haul and think we will be good under him.

Â