Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Our manager is taking a bashing from all sides at the minute. Alot of the senior players obviously dont like him, and performances on the pitch have not endeared him to us fans.

But is that his fault??

I think it isnt. The players (or a majority of them) are refusing to play for him, which in turn is making alot of the fans turn on him. Does he deserve this??

In a word...NO!!

He came here with the best intentions to do well for this club. He doesnt deserve his otherwise impressive recored in management to be ruined because of a group of divas who care more about their 50k per week wage packet than the club. If the players arent gonna do it for the manager they should at least do it for us fans. After all, it is us paying their wages.

We need to get behind our manager at this crucial time. Let him bring his own players in and get rid of the players who will inevitably take this club down.

UTV

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy McNeill came with good intentions as well as did Joe Venglos, one relegated us the other took us to the verge of relegation.

Houllier is weak and incompetent. Might be a nice bloke don't really care to be honest. What I do care about is the club I love and seeing us 1 point off relegation , bottom of the form table on a run of 6 defeats in last 7, worst defence in league, worst away record and knowing that when we go a goal down we lose, gutless performance after gutless performance that mirrors the manager suggests to me the manager is useless and needs to go.

We need to get behind our club is more appropriate.

Well, yeah. It would be nice.

But getting behind the manager is a part of that. 20k fans singing Houllier out at a game isnt going to do a bit of good. It will just give the players more excuse to think '**** it'

We should always be behind the club as a whole, including the manager but anyone will admit that sometimes it can be difficult. Sometimes, things just don't work sadly and so far this hasn't. Time will obviously tell but as May approaches things must improve and if they haven't the decision to change becomes even more stressful for fans. Put it this way, if things don't improve, forums such as this one are not going to improve with regards to supporting Houllier.

everyone wants Houllier out but no one makes a good recommendation for who could manage the team as a replacement, or at least interim manager

Thats the thing, nobody knows what they want. Just looking for places to point the finger and the obvious one is Houllier.

I wonder if we should ask the players who they would 'like' to be in charge and who they would 'like' to take our training session.

Or maybe these playes should just roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. If not for Houllier, then for us....THE FANS!!!!!!!

If the players dont like the manager they should still give everything for the club and the fans. At the minute there not and its a disgrace. Who pays there wages?!?? Its not the manager is it!!! I dont like my manager but i still have to give 100% every fooking day at work. They should be sweating blood every game for Aston Villa but lets face it, them peformances have been few and far between. Liverpool and the Man City games were the worst games of seen for players not giving a toss for the team. Every player just going through the motions and not even trying to get back into the game. One of the best defences last year in the league to the worst defence in the league this season. The players need to start standing up and being counted for and people need to stop blaming the gaffer. Its not his fault we give stupid free kicks away and concede from them. Its not his fault the players cant finish there dinners in some matches. I think the gaffer will come good but lets face it Villa fans are not the most patient. UTV

Footballers these days do not care about the team they play for, it is all about the money, If we go down then players will move on or continue to take Premiership wages playing in the Championship league it makes no difference to them.

The players have worked hard for the last few seasons, they have shown determination, grit and a huge amount of balls. they were a team that were never beaten.

The team have beaten all of the big sides and come within a grasp of silverware.

Now their manager has left and has been replaced by someone who critises them openly in the press and has tried to change everything about the way they play. I'm sure they used to pride themselves on their set piece record at both ends and now it is a shambles. He clearly has vendettas against some players based on previous encounters and is out to prove a point.

I'm not saying the current attitude of player is acceptable or correct, but to say they get paid a fortune so they should always perform is a simplistic way of looking at things. When i've ha d a new boss in the past who acted like a git my effort reduced and I did what I had to do instead of going the extra mile.

Is there anybody with any conections in getting some flags and banners done up in support for the Board and Houllier in time for the Sunderland game? We need to drown out the boo boys and give Houllier some support..

We need to make these players understand that the club will always come 1st in the eyes of us fans..

The players had plenty of fight in them last season. It is the same set of players bar one why didn't they give a stuff then? They obviously don't like the manager IMO or someone in his backroom team and Houllier needs to get them back onside quick sharp or we are right in the shit (moreso than we are now).

Â