Who do you believe is at fault for this situation

paulanddonya

Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?

• Martin O'Neill - he left us in it, with a aging and expensive squad
    • Randy Lerner - has he done a Doug, got us so far, then cut all spending
    • The players - could they do better but are refusing to do so as they love Martin
    • Gerard Houllier - is he just killing us

You cannot blame one person.

Houllier has shown some incompetance.

O'Neill was a shit for leaving us when he did.

And Randy took too long, appointed the wrong manager, and has failed to back the club financially over the past year whilst selling off the best players.

Wait? are you onnabout? Houllier signed Pires, unless you want Lerner to directly get involved in who we sign and who we don't?

What? I didn't understand a word of that.

Take a hint, we're linked with Omar Cummings? We're also linked with Adil Rami, Jean Makoun, Fofana? what does links mean? let's all wait and see what happens.

One link was a statement from an American club stating he would be training at Villa. The rest are speculation and likely up there with the rumours we were going to sign Saviola. I remember Sky Sports reporting that one two years on the trot.

He didn't tell the general anything. The general left the board because every time he answered questions, his words were getting twisted in the press, at one stage, the press said he agreed that Houllier should be sacked when he said nothing of the kind and then a week later the story was about how he changed his mind....never the case. He didn't say sack him in the first place!!! He's also meant to be coming back on the board soon.

Thirdly, I don't know whether or not he told him anything. Krulak has said that Lerner asked him to go onto the message boards. He was getting grief for ages and likely told Lerner who told him to get off until everything cooled down. Yes, it is a conspiracy, but likely it could have happened. On the other hand, you can't say "He didn't tell the general anything". Unless you know Lerner personally and he promised you he didn't?

Tell us what every month?

At least use proper English language and not accents when speaking on an online forum. 'ight?

You said, Lerner signed Pires. No he didn't. Houllier signed Pires. If Lerner had signed Pires and it had been his choice then he'd be interfering with business that is not his, he just simply signed the deal.

Where the **** did I say Lerner brought in Pires?

They all carry the can.

O'Neill left - whether or not his hand was forced is open to debate but his leaving left us troubled.

Lerner flunked replacing our manager, pretty much his only big decision to make in 4 years and he utterly **** it up, dithered too long and signed a lemon. He's also firmly closed his wallet in recent times and thats done us no good.

Houllier is just a buffoon. No point wasting the bandwidth on further debate of such a useless manager.

The players haven't pulled their socks up and just got on with it despite the mess over their heads.

I think Lerner carries rather more of the burden than many might like to think however.

I vote for all 4

( And I haven't "spectacularly missed the point of the poll")

But I believe that Lerner should have kept tighter controls on MON's wage promises, MON f*cked the club by pissing off when he did, half the players can't be bothered to put in a honest shift, and GH is a dinosaur.

TIME TO SACK GH, AND BRING IN MARTIN JOL....LIKE NOW, PLEASE

They all carry the can.

O'Neill left - whether or not his hand was forced is open to debate but his leaving left us troubled.

Lerner flunked replacing our manager, pretty much his only big decision to make in 4 years and he utterly **** it up, dithered too long and signed a lemon. He's also firmly closed his wallet in recent times and thats done us no good.

Houllier is just a buffoon. No point wasting the bandwidth on further debate of such a useless manager.

The players haven't pulled their socks up and just got on with it despite the mess over their heads.

I think Lerner carries rather more of the burden than many might like to think however.

I concur.

Just from what I saw today and against Liverpool, it's mostly the players.

Yes, the manager is important and the buck stops with him. I usually agree with that. But the AVFC players didn't even look arsed today. The manager can scream all he wants, but if the players don't care, there's nothing he can do. He can't give them a winning desire, they're supposed to possess that by wearing the shirt.

Villa fans deserve better than that.

Just from what I saw today and against Liverpool, it's mostly the players.

Yes, the manager is important and the buck stops with him. I usually agree with that. But the AVFC players didn't even look arsed today. The manager can scream all he wants, but if the players don't care, there's nothing he can do. He can't give them a winning desire, they're supposed to possess that by wearing the shirt.

Villa fans deserve better than that.

This man is right.

Everyone has to take the blame.

1. Randy has most likely appointed the wrong man but also had little other options.

2. Houllier has done a poor job since coming in.

3. Some players simply haven't performed, even haven't worked for the team.

4. O'Neill left us in an awkward position, leaving us with little option to choos from in terms of a manager.

In terms of order...

Houllier, Players, O'Neill, Randy.

Surely if MoN left us in an awkward position, leaving us with little option to choos from in terms of a manager he is to blame the most? Lets face it, a lot of people seem to think that if MoN was the manager atm we would not be in this situation.

I would personally say MoN for dumping us, Randy for potentially not getting the right man, Houllier and the players for the results and performances

Put it this way if MON was in charge I don't think we'd be challenging top 4 but we'd be around top 8. Only one man to blame his name is Houllier, he tried to get rid of the deadwood far too early and could have used them, let's take Friedel as an example, by the way mate I'm looking for a new keeper, same has probably been said to Warnock? Let's take MON when he took over, he kept Sorenson in the side because he was needed as was McCann.

The players..

Why are the younger players giving their all,yet some seniors not giving a toss? I mean look at Albrighton and Delph,they are playing really well,its so unfair that some of the seniors are not setting good examples.

Because the youngsters see us as a club where they can advance their careers and develop. Those senior players came here believing the hype that we would become a challnger for the top four. they bought into the previous managers vision through the owners previous financing. then, all that financing dried up and the previous manager himself realised that the dream was now going to be impossible without further investment. He left and now those senior players are left to try to pick up the pieces. The new boss comes in and changes everything they were comfortable with and now they can't be bothered.

On the other hand, the younger players are going to get their heads down and try their best because suddenly they see a chance to cement a place in the side. They aren't on the 40 and 50 grand per week so they are knckling down and being good boys so that they can try to get to that level of pay. If they were on that much and come here after being sold a vision, I bet they too would be playing without a care and look pissed off!

A bit of everything isn't it but facts are we are where we are no good looking at whose to blame or ifs buts and **** maybes.

The board made a major **** up appointing Houllier but I honestly don't have too much of a problem with that as shit happens and we all make mistakes. They need to put that mistake right though and do it NOW. Houllier is yesterdays man, doesn't command the respect of the vast majority of the players in my opinion and is the last bloke you'd want managing you in a relegation fight which is exactly what he as led us in to.

Time for the board to act and put Houllier and more importantly us out of our misery.

Â