Who do you believe is at fault for this situation

paulanddonya

Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?

• Martin O'Neill - he left us in it, with a aging and expensive squad
    • Randy Lerner - has he done a Doug, got us so far, then cut all spending
    • The players - could they do better but are refusing to do so as they love Martin
    • Gerard Houllier - is he just killing us

If MON was going to leave, he could have done it a bit **** earlier.

This season was always going to be a nothing season considering we didn't have a manager appointed until a few weeks in. The trick here is to avoid relegation while GH settles in then allow him to do his work. He surely has to be given a few seasons (provided he doesn't get us relegated) to make it 'his' team.

I blame MON and Randy for letting it get to the stage where we had a manager walking out a week before the season started. That shit could have been sorted out months before and they are both equally to blame for the relationship breaking down. If they had a good relationship and were both more professional about the matter, everything could have been laid on the table a lot earlier on and we'd have had a new manager in with a whole off season to sort out the team.

Incredible really that a third of people blame a manager who is no longer here and can have no influence whatsoever on our results.

Equally incredible that only a third blame the manager who was appointed to lead the team and who should take full responsibility for our results.

Talk about burying your heads in the sand.

BTW, I voted for Lerner - he hasn't invested squish all in the club for over a year, imposed a ridiculous sell-to-buy policy on MON and then appointed an incompetent manager to take his place.

Of course MON's departure had an impact on results. Especially in the early part of the season, when we were left with a highly inexperienced manager in charge. Thus missing out on European football and any transfer activity as we actively searched out a replacement. Afterall, it was MON who agreed to sell one of our most influential players in Milner.

While I am not sure who precisely is to blame I think you could probably add James Milner to the mix. Whilst not a cause he was certainly the catalyst for a whole heap of shit hitting the fan. Butterfly effect so to speak.

While I am not sure who precisely is to blame I think you could probably add James Milner to the mix. Whilst not a cause he was certainly the catalyst for a whole heap of shit hitting the fan. Butterfly effect so to speak.

Was just thinking the same thing. There's a sense that Milner wanting to go kindof killed the dream a bit for MON, not to mention we miss him as a player.

Incredible really that a third of people blame a manager who is no longer here and can have no influence whatsoever on our results.

Equally incredible that only a third blame the manager who was appointed to lead the team and who should take full responsibility for our results.

Talk about burying your heads in the sand.

BTW, I voted for Lerner - he hasn't invested squish all in the club for over a year, imposed a ridiculous sell-to-buy policy on MON and then appointed an incompetent manager to take his place.

Spot on Briny, we blame somebody who has not managed a single game this season, also KMac left Houllier with a team midtable.

I blame Houllier. He's made poor decisions and de-motivated the players. Theres no point blaming Randy, he's done EVERYTHING properly. Most people were questioning MON at the end of last season. We'd seen bizarre decisions from him, massive amounts of money spent on average players and the famous 'end of season dip' - every season. How can Randy be criticised for pulling the reins in a bit after the money he's sunk into this club? Pretty much every other team in the league would kill for a chairman as generous as Randy. Moving on to he who shall not be named walking out 5 days before the end of the season, again Randy did the right thing. Gave the reins to K-Mac, who did a steady job. Now while K-Mac was in charge, we had some real mixed results. Bad losses and decent wins. Kev also kept questioning whether he wanted the job or not, publically. If he'd had said during press conferences 'Jaysus I want this job soooo much', rather than 'I'm not sure I want to be doing this permenantly' then I reckon he'd have got it. As it was, Randy appointed a team to find the right man. Of the managers that were available, Houllier had the best CV. Success with Liverpool and success with Lyon. He wanted to play football the 'right' way and apparently showed a willingnness to develop the kids. It's not Randys fault that Houllier has turned out to be a massive, massive flop and a word removed of the highest order. If you want to blame someone, blame Houlllier for being a shit manager and a total dickhead. The sooner he **** off, the better. Get K-Mac back in and give him until the end of the season (if he wants it).

carnt blame martin completly..if mon was in charge we may not be 5th from top but for sure we wouldnt be 5th from bottom!, its randy fault for appointing gh & keeping gh in charge with so many bad results & performances. every day we wake up looking at the league & to think 10months ago we were playing in a cup final & pushing for 4th spot! its like a **** nighmare come true.

To be honest I think all of the above a partly to blame.

1. Mon for dropping us in it 5 days before the season started.

2. Randy an his clueless monkey Faulkner for getting the useless frog.

3. Houllier for being a useless frog.

4. The players should show a lot more fight an desire to play for this great club. :flag::flag::flag::flag:

Everyone.

Lerner for letting MON have the control & cash he did.

Houllier just doesn't seem to be working.

The players just don't seem to be putting in the required effort.

MON for being the typical selfish word removed we know he is.

Lerner for turning the dream off

MON for leaving

Some of the players for the lack of effort

Houllier for often doing the wrong thing

Theres blame everywhere but the blame thing isnt really relevant its fix time and the only fix is getting rid of Houllier

Lerner for turning the dream off

MON for leaving

Some of the players for the lack of effort

Houllier for often doing the wrong thing

Theres blame everywhere but the blame thing isnt really relevant its fix time and the only fix is getting rid of Houllier

I am with Bicks and wont vote as they are all to blame and GH has to go now to salvage anything

MON...He left knowing that this season would be a struggle so he could keep his ''value'' to a premium....

for all the good things he did for us he undid in August when he shit on us from a great height to make him self look good.....a master spin doctor..aka cock

Why dident he walk in May, then?

Maximum effect?

That would be a massive betrayel to his former players and the Fans.

Err yes you seem surprised that MON wasn't the nicest of men, far from it?

I'd like to stick te players at number 1 and stewart downing should give his wages back but...

We would probably be bottom for Downing's goals and assists.

You could have picked any other player

I'll stick with what I see and know ta.

He's not the only one by a long way but did you see the game yesterday?

Â