Who do you believe is at fault for this situation

paulanddonya

Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?

• Martin O'Neill - he left us in it, with a aging and expensive squad
    • Randy Lerner - has he done a Doug, got us so far, then cut all spending
    • The players - could they do better but are refusing to do so as they love Martin
    • Gerard Houllier - is he just killing us

Lerner.

Cutting back on the investment and still expected to do well. I always thought he purposely waited until the window closed before bringing someone in. He then brought in an over-the-hill clearing in the woods who is clearly out of his depth and doesn't care. He then has that idiot Faulkner running to the press giving little indications that we MIGHT spend in January. Take the hint. We're linked with the likes of Omar Cummings.

He then tells the General to do one when the times get tough and Krulak probably starts complaining about some of the messages.

still pulls out the corporate bullshit.

Proud history, bright future? Haven't heard that one in a while. What happened there?

Hou's with us? Bwahaha. Honestly..Christ even typing it sounds dire.

Cutting back on investment and still expecting to do well? obviously....we've spent £100 million in 4 years, you don't just suddenly lose all those players. We still should technically be in the top 8 but have had our problems.

Wait? are you onnabout? Houllier signed Pires, unless you want Lerner to directly get involved in who we sign and who we don't?

Take a hint, we're linked with Omar Cummings? We're also linked with Adil Rami, Jean Makoun, Fofana? what does links mean? let's all wait and see what happens.

He didn't tell the general anything. The general left the board because every time he answered questions, his words were getting twisted in the press, at one stage, the press said he agreed that Houllier should be sacked when he said nothing of the kind and then a week later the story was about how he changed his mind....never the case. He didn't say sack him in the first place!!! He's also meant to be coming back on the board soon.

Proud History, bright future....what? are they meant to tell you every month on the Website? perhaps, if they did that, I wonder what you'd say 'It's all **** bollocks' of course. Don't say it....and it's 'they don't believe in it'

'Kin hell, at least use some common sense.

great question with some great answers..its a collection of errors rolled into one, yes its mon team minus milner..however this team of players finished 6 from top,randy is maybe wrong trying to trim the wage bill & appoint gh,gh for not getting the best of of the team.

Lerner appointed Houllier, and that for me, has turned out to be a catasrophic error of judgement. If he's going to go, he needs to go NOW, so that someone can bring replacements in. My fear, is that if the rumours are true that GH has already lined up transfers to be processed then RL won't sack him until the end of the season. By then we will be in the championship.

fixed it for you

Am surprised that no one has mentioned that Randy has a shit record of hiring coaches at the Browns, and now he's bought that special ability to VP. Understand GED hasnt had time to changethe squad, but my major issue with hm is that he has never given the appearance that he wants to be at Villa, or even gives a shit about us, its like being at VP is the best way to be close to his beloved liverpool

For me its got to be Randy and the board, we don't know why MoN left but we can all proberly see it was lack of investiment, do doubt losing milner and not being given the funds he thought he needed to keep us up in the top 6, i lost faith in MoN for walking out but, he could see to stand still you have to contnue to invest, regardless of the good and bad signings he made, he still out the players to give 100%. Then with MoN gone we dither for 4-6 weeks to bring in a manager that is well past his best, 90% of fans proberly didnt want him, but we went along with it as we love our club, now is the time for Randy to grow some balls and correct his mistake and get rid of GH, bring in someone more upto date with premiership or top league football and back him, if he can't do that then put us up for sale and hope that some rich arab comes calling.

3 days more, then can Randy and GH start to fix MON's errors.

No panic

No. Lerner can fix his own error by sacking Houllier and getting someone in competent enough to do the job in hand.

I feel for Randy but he has made a mistake appointing Houllier, so the buck stops with him I'm afraid. The performances on the pitch are 100%Houllier's fault, though.

If this was September I would be sighting O'Neill's depature as the reason as to why we are playing so shit, but not now.

Not as black and white.

MON for leaving when he did, it was designed to **** us over the most; he also signed a lot of players which are not up to scratch unless they are being shouted at by MON. His personality is dominating and he ran the club, for him to just up and leave has had a disastrous impact on us.

Lerner but not dealing with his concerns about MON's spending and currently for appointing Houllier, i can see why he went for him but its just not working.

Houllier for just not getting the team performing.

A combination of all the above.

Wait? are you onnabout? Houllier signed Pires, unless you want Lerner to directly get involved in who we sign and who we don't?

What? I didn't understand a word of that.

Take a hint, we're linked with Omar Cummings? We're also linked with Adil Rami, Jean Makoun, Fofana? what does links mean? let's all wait and see what happens.

One link was a statement from an American club stating he would be training at Villa. The rest are speculation and likely up there with the rumours we were going to sign Saviola. I remember Sky Sports reporting that one two years on the trot.

He didn't tell the general anything. The general left the board because every time he answered questions, his words were getting twisted in the press, at one stage, the press said he agreed that Houllier should be sacked when he said nothing of the kind and then a week later the story was about how he changed his mind....never the case. He didn't say sack him in the first place!!! He's also meant to be coming back on the board soon.

Thirdly, I don't know whether or not he told him anything. Krulak has said that Lerner asked him to go onto the message boards. He was getting grief for ages and likely told Lerner who told him to get off until everything cooled down. Yes, it is a conspiracy, but likely it could have happened. On the other hand, you can't say "He didn't tell the general anything". Unless you know Lerner personally and he promised you he didn't?

Tell us what every month?

At least use proper English language and not accents when speaking on an online forum. 'ight?

It's a bit of everything all once, but for me, it comes down to nigh 100% of the senior players, which are mostly MON's, not even trying to compete. Ultimately,professional athletes shouldn't just **** give up because they get a new boss they may not like. Other professionals don't, highly paid or not, and they have to actually work.

3 days more, then can Randy and GH start to fix MON's errors.

No panic

No. Lerner can fix his own error by sacking Houllier and getting someone in competent enough to do the job in hand.

I feel for Randy but he has made a mistake appointing Houllier, so the buck stops with him I'm afraid. The performances on the pitch are 100%Houllier's fault, though.

If this was September I would be sighting O'Neill's depature as the reason as to why we are playing so shit, but not now.

Sorry. but I am not panicking though, and believe the same thing as you .. I know the reason for this mess

dont get the randy hate for the supposed "lack of money making MON walk". lerner backed MON every summer, even after throwing away 4th and europe within a week of each other he went out and spent loads that summer. only to see us fall short again. with players on massive wages not even playing lerner was right to say hold on a sec, we need to get some of these off the wage bill.

not his fault MON felt he should be the only manager in the league who could keep spending and spending every year without question. even redknapp has accepted he has to be more careful at spurs. and we dont actually know whether there would have been any money, as MON quit before his transfer window opened!

now, where randy is to blame (in hindsight) is hiring houllier. clearly the guy is out of his depth, and although i dont think the squad MON left is that good with a lot of aging players, they are certainly better than where GH has got them.

i also think the players have to take some responsibility. yeah you may not like the manager, but you still gotta put effort in.

Everyone has to take the blame.

1. Randy has most likely appointed the wrong man but also had little other options.

2. Houllier has done a poor job since coming in.

3. Some players simply haven't performed, even haven't worked for the team.

4. O'Neill left us in an awkward position, leaving us with little option to choos from in terms of a manager.

In terms of order...

Houllier, Players, O'Neill, Randy.

This

What? I didn't understand a word of that.

One link was a statement from an American club stating he would be training at Villa. The rest are speculation and likely up there with the rumours we were going to sign Saviola. I remember Sky Sports reporting that one two years on the trot.

Thirdly, I don't know whether or not he told him anything. Krulak has said that Lerner asked him to go onto the message boards. He was getting grief for ages and likely told Lerner who told him to get off until everything cooled down. Yes, it is a conspiracy, but likely it could have happened. On the other hand, you can't say "He didn't tell the general anything". Unless you know Lerner personally and he promised you he didn't?

Tell us what every month?

At least use proper English language and not accents when speaking on an online forum. 'ight?

You said, Lerner signed Pires. No he didn't. Houllier signed Pires. If Lerner had signed Pires and it had been his choice then he'd be interfering with business that is not his, he just simply signed the deal. If he denies Houllier the deal, then he's basically already saying he doesn't trust him. Hardly a good way to start.

Yes, one link was with an American club with quotes is because they aren't a very good club!! These sort of trials happen regularly and because the club is smaller, these players can come on trial and train with clubs looking at them as it's also pre-season. Where as obviously that's impossible with any sort of player who plays in European leagues. So the story isn't that simple. This ALSO again has nothing to do with Lerner, it's Houllier's decision to look at the player.

No but General said he's going off because off the press twisting words and will be back on the forums shortly. Maybe it was Randy telling him to go off, I'm not even sure it matters, the reasons are simply the press.

Also, talk about proud history bright future, you said 'where has that gone now'....so I said, what do you want them to do? tell you every month on the website we have a proud history, bright future?

Â