Who do you believe is at fault for this situation

paulanddonya

Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?

• Martin O'Neill - he left us in it, with a aging and expensive squad
    • Randy Lerner - has he done a Doug, got us so far, then cut all spending
    • The players - could they do better but are refusing to do so as they love Martin
    • Gerard Houllier - is he just killing us

Easy really - the title says it all. How do you put a poll up.

The options

Martin O'Neill - he left us in it, with a aging and expensive squad

Randy Lerner - has he done a Doug, got us so far, then cut all spending

The players - could they do better but are refusing to do so as they love Martin

Gerard Houllier - is he just killing us

I will not put my view until later - MODS Can you add a poll - I ain't gotta clue. "Please" would be nice

Houllier, he is the man in charge of training tactics and team selection. The tactics are non-existent, we no longer play to our strength, which is pace. Now we make 5 passes when 1 will do. We pass it acrooss the back foUr to the fullback , pass it up thE wing , go forward 10 yards turn back, give it back to the fullback pass across the back four and do the same up the other wing. Rubbish

Lerner appointed Houllier, and that for me, has turned out to be a catasrophic error of judgement. If he's going to go, he needs to go NOW, so that someone can bring replacements in. My fear, is that if the rumours are true that GH has already lined up transfers to be processed then RL won't sack him until the end of the season. By then we could be in the championship.

Everyone has to take the blame.

1. Randy has most likely appointed the wrong man but also had little other options.

2. Houllier has done a poor job since coming in.

3. Some players simply haven't performed, even haven't worked for the team.

4. O'Neill left us in an awkward position, leaving us with little option to choos from in terms of a manager.

In terms of order...

Houllier, Players, O'Neill, Randy.

Everyone has to take the blame.

1. Randy has most likely appointed the wrong man but also had little other options.

2. Houllier has done a poor job since coming in.

3. Some players simply haven't performed, even haven't worked for the team.

4. O'Neill left us in an awkward position, leaving us with little option to choos from in terms of a manager.

In terms of order...

Houllier, Players, O'Neill, Randy.

MON has to take a large share of the blame.

He bought several aging players for big money that have no re-sale value whatsoever. Therefore the investment in the club has been pissed up the wall, hence why we have so many youth player out there.

You can throw accusations at all of them, but it doesn't really help matters. None of them are coming out of this smelling of roses.

In my opinion we could sack Houllier now - but I don't think it would help. The cracks in our team go beyond the manager. FWIW I think Houllier is trying to do the right thing, but by changing some of the philosophies and styles that MON put in place, we're finding it very hard to adapt. But adapt we must, because the Premiership is becoming more European and we've been moulded to fit quite an archaic approach of football. At the moment we're predictable and stagnant in attack, always playing the same balls to the wingers who hopefully swing a cross in to the danger area for a big man to get something on the end of. In defence, our approach is similarly dated, tending to favour throwing ourselves in front of the ball and hoofing a clearance. I've seen some attempt to change this approach but the players we have just haven't got the technical ability and this has become abundantly clear against Spurs and City (both teams who have some of the best ball players in the league)

Lerner.

Cutting back on the investment and still expected to do well. I always thought he purposely waited until the window closed before bringing someone in. He then brought in an over-the-hill clearing in the woods who is clearly out of his depth and doesn't care. He then has that idiot Faulkner running to the press giving little indications that we MIGHT spend in January. Take the hint. We're linked with the likes of Omar Cummings.

He then tells the General to do one when the times get tough and Krulak probably starts complaining about some of the messages.

still pulls out the corporate bullshit.

Proud history, bright future? Haven't heard that one in a while. What happened there?

Hou's with us? Bwahaha. Honestly..Christ even typing it sounds dire.

Â