Who do you believe is at fault for this situation

paulanddonya

Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe is at fault for this situation?

• Martin O'Neill - he left us in it, with a aging and expensive squad
    • Randy Lerner - has he done a Doug, got us so far, then cut all spending
    • The players - could they do better but are refusing to do so as they love Martin
    • Gerard Houllier - is he just killing us

He didnt have to accept Ireland in the deal knowing he didnt want to be here.

Which again is further evidence is that something happened that made MON decide to quit.

Its pointless anyway shifting the blame to someone who is no longer anything to do with the club.

There are two people who are responsible right now for getting us out of this mess and at the moment they're both making the wrong decisions.

He didnt have to accept Ireland in the deal knowing he didnt want to be here.

Its pointless anyway shifting the blame to someone who is no longer anything to do with the club.

I don't agree if he hadn't walked out we wouldnt be in this mess, he has to take some responsibility.. if there was problems why not leave before so the board could bring someone in and get some transfers done in the summer? Why not stay until a replacement was found?

MON isn't a saint in all this, he deserves some blame.. along with the board and manager and of course the players.

why is it pointless? He walked out 5 days before season started which put all club in turmoil were we had to search for a new manager during a transfer window.

He signed all these players and then **** off on them. If you were a player you would be confused and would effect your performances for a while

Although Randy is the main man, I believe he had a panel of so called football experts to guide him and the board on appointing a new manager. IMO therefore, given Randy's lack of in depth knowledge about the game in the UK and Europe, he relied on these experts to provide sound advice and judgement, which it seems, has proved to be a really bad call.

Given the choice, it has been compounded by Houlliers choice of assistant, first Thompson, who turned it down then McAllister who looks out of his depth, by his demeanour on the bench.

The some of the senior players must also carry part of the can, as they aren't delivering a full shift. The fans deserve better than some of these w*nkers are providing.

MON chose the worst time to leave, and he bought some poor players at inflated prices and wages, but given a more motivated manager, we might have been up around the top six, so IMO, I don't think much blame can be laid at MON's door.

why is it pointless? He walked out 5 days before season started which put all club in turmoil were we had to search for a new manager during a transfer window.

He signed all these players and then **** off on them. If you were a player you would be confused and would effect your performances for a while

IMO that is just an excuse for Houllier's poor management. I think the players aren't playing because they don't like Houllier, nothing to do with the shit of the previous manager.

I can understand MON walking out being responsible for some of our early poor performances but to keep blaming him for results like yesterday is just ridiculous.

Redknapp didn't have a preseason with spurs or any chance to sign players and he got off to a great start as soon as he took over. How on earth did he manage such a thing?

I can understand MON walking out being responsible for some of our early poor performances but to keep blaming him for results like yesterday is just ridiculous.

Redknapp didn't have a preseason with spurs or any chance to sign players and he got off to a great start as soon as he took over. How on earth did he manage such a thing?

Man management, good judgement and he's always been a good wheeler and dealer.

As much as I dislike Twitchy, he's done a great job at WHL.

MON has to take a large share of the blame.

He bought several aging players for big money that have no re-sale value whatsoever. Therefore the investment in the club has been pissed up the wall, hence why we have so many youth player out there.

errrrr I'm with you.

and to make any kind of repair to it all we needed a manager who is comfortable with direct football to get the best out of the direct football team players.

It appears Houllier ain't that man.

It looks like to transform it Houlliers way is going to take an enormous amount of money..... sadly i think he is too old for all this.

Man management, good judgement and he's always been a good wheeler and dealer.

As much as I dislike Twitchy, he's done a great job at WHL.

He always has been a top manager.....its just some of our fans choose to engage in other things with Harry.

He bought players at Portsmouth, we don't seem able to attract, yes he spent a lot, but its his job to build a team not balance the books.

He spots talent a mile off and has a tactical brain.... and changes it when its not working ( maybe because he can, but thats the way he's made it)

1. MON - he left us in the shit, with poor players earning a fortune

2. GH - he just ain't got it anymore

3. Players - there are some who appear to not be helping the club out whilst earning a fortune

4. Randy - a small amount of blame, as there was no succession planning, and he hasn't taken control in the current situation; but who could have done more for us over recent years?

After having a good think about it my thoughts are the following :-

The 6th places meant nothing, it got us nothing and we did not build on it. It may as well be 2 x 14th places for all the good it does. Barry, Milner and Young did not/ will not walk out of VP with a tear in there eyes looking back saying "sniff sniff, but they got 6 th twice in a row, should I really be leaving ?". If it was so ace where are they now ?

I don't get the jump on GH and get him sacked asap, he has bought none of his own players in and who else is there that would make everyone happy. It does not really matter who is the manager, without funds they will all look clueless.

Looking at the players in all the games this year I am off the opinion that Jose Mourinho or anyone would not have many more points than we have now. They are just not good enough. Yes we got 6 th twice but circumstances of the league and other teams helped with that IMO. (I am well aware the common response is going to be "Yeah but MON got 6th with this lot", if MON had not left we would still be where we are now, hard pill to swallow but there you go. reality hurts sometimes.

We need someone upstairs who has a clue about football, a right hand man for Lerner. Filter the decisions by a Director of football, every decision. Dunno, thinking out loud, someone like Venables who has a bit of a clue.

MON is virtually 99 % at fault for all this, ask yourself the question "what would have made him stay ?" (About 30M pound, that's what. He knew we were **** so he **** off or he thought we were well placed to go for the Holy Grail again and display the 6TH in big letters from an open top bus, he would not have left then though so i can conclude he knew we were in trouble and is such a Villa man he just went. The timing done to create maximum damage to the club. Nice one.!-)

5 years to build a squad with virtually no re-sale value that has cost us how much in wages. The list is well known of the suicidal buys and failures. (Barry / Milner, yep we did well there money wise and the sale of them really pushed us on)

I can't really lay much blame on Lerner, I would like to but find it difficult. I think he was just had over by MON.

Watching the games without my Villa specs on we are playing some of the worst football I can remember, the Villa have put out some press stuff about how hard it is for any team to get real quality players in January. We will see, depends on who we want to sell though to get the market moving. When I said any team I mean just us it seems, our success rate in January is appalling but I am sure we will oil the wheels for everyone else though.

(Just had a quick look on the gossip column on the BBC sport, phew the Villa were bang on correct, it's completely empty of rumours or possible transfers. As they said, virtually impossible to trade in January, words removed)

To solve get a GK / CB / LB / AM / DM / ST. 30M - 40M spend needed in January or start putting the address's of Doncaster / Preston etc in your Tom Tom's ready for August.

After having a good think about it my thoughts are the following :-

The 6th places meant nothing, it got us nothing and we did not build on it. It may as well be 2 x 14th places for all the good it does. Barry, Milner and Young did not/ will not walk out of VP with a tear in there eyes looking back saying "sniff sniff, but they got 6 th twice in a row, should I really be leaving ?". If it was so ace where are they now ?

I don't get the jump on GH and get him sacked asap, he has bought none of his own players in and who else is there that would make everyone happy. It does not really matter who is the manager, without funds they will all look clueless.

Looking at the players in all the games this year I am off the opinion that Jose Mourinho or anyone would not have many more points than we have now. They are just not good enough. Yes we got 6 th twice but circumstances of the league and other teams helped with that IMO. (I am well aware the common response is going to be "Yeah but MON got 6th with this lot", if MON had not left we would still be where we are now, hard pill to swallow but there you go. reality hurts sometimes.

We need someone upstairs who has a clue about football, a right hand man for Lerner. Filter the decisions by a Director of football, every decision. Dunno, thinking out loud, someone like Venables who has a bit of a clue.

MON is virtually 99 % at fault for all this, ask yourself the question "what would have made him stay ?" (About 30M pound, that's what. He knew we were **** so he **** off or he thought we were well placed to go for the Holy Grail again and display the 6TH in big letters from an open top bus, he would not have left then though so i can conclude he knew we were in trouble and is such a Villa man he just went. The timing done to create maximum damage to the club. Nice one.!-)

5 years to build a squad with virtually no re-sale value that has cost us how much in wages. The list is well known of the suicidal buys and failures. (Barry / Milner, yep we did well there money wise and the sale of them really pushed us on)

I can't really lay much blame on Lerner, I would like to but find it difficult. I think he was just had over by MON.

Watching the games without my Villa specs on we are playing some of the worst football I can remember, the Villa have put out some press stuff about how hard it is for any team to get real quality players in January. We will see, depends on who we want to sell though to get the market moving. When I said any team I mean just us it seems, our success rate in January is appalling but I am sure we will oil the wheels for everyone else though.

To solve get a GK / CB / LB / AM / DM / ST. 30M - 40M spend needed in January or start putting the address's of Doncaster / Preston etc in your Tom Tom's ready for August.

Agree with all you wrote. well conceived :-)

For me its got to be Randy and the board, we don't know why MoN left but we can all probably see it was lack of investiment, do doubt losing milner and not being given the funds he thought he needed to keep us up in the top 6, i lost faith in MoN for walking out but, he could see to stand still you have to contnue to invest, regardless of the good and bad signings he made, he still out the players to give 100%. Then with MoN gone we dither for 4-6 weeks to bring in a manager that is well past his best, 90% of fans probably didnt want him, but we went along with it as we love our club, now is the time for Randy to grow some balls and correct his mistake and get rid of GH, bring in someone more upto date with premiership or top league football and back him, if he can't do that then put us up for sale and hope that some rich arab comes calling.

I'm not saying this bloke GH is without blame, but your line about Martin Left due to lack of invest is a bit rich if you don't mind me saying.

with the tripe he has bought and some players he let go enjoying life elsewhere..... you will need a wealthy arab to sustain it.

we have spent the best part of 100 million and the team can't pass the ball, move in to intelligent space, play one two's or anything else that they do in a FOOTBALL team.... its just low quality, with the odd exception now and again.

I don't know what transpired between Martin O'Neill and Randy, but i do know if it was my money i would have been mightly pissed off to see what i had for my doe at the beginning of this season.

If Martin O'Neill was planning changing the style to a conducive style to win things by engaging a more technical style allied to a robust base .....then i have some sympathy with him.... but i didn't hear any noises to suggest that was planned and due to his late entry in to every transfer window, you wouldn't know whether money was available or denied.Martin Never gave any indication that his first four years was phase 1 and now I'm looking at phase 2 with a more technical bias and playersn to fit .....had he said that he would have had more sympathy from larger sections of the fan base....but he did'nt....it implied more of the same and i want money to remedy my mistakes.

IT NEEDS CHANGING TO MOVE ON/FORWARD

I think the problem right now for all of us is..... baring what we see, we don't know enough of behind the scenes to form a solid opinion.

Really?

We still have a squad of players that would walk into at least half of the premiership sides starting elevens.

MON got the most out of them, as a team they outperformed their individual abilities.

We currently have no team.

Makes you wonder had MON had his wish (whatever that may of been as its a one sided story and we're all taking the boards side cuz MON hasnt spoke out) where we'd be today in the league....?

One point id like to make is last year we could barely score its only the fact we didnt concede that we finished so high and now we cant defend.....and i dont know the stats exactly but our top scorer was sold to city too? (Havent checked the stats though so forgive me :) )

Really?

We still have a squad of players that would walk into at least half of the premiership sides starting elevens.

MON got the most out of them, as a team they outperformed their individual abilities.

We currently have no team.

Pretty much bang on the money.

The pratt we have now as totally demoralised a decent group of players. Quite an achievement.

You can't blame Houllier, it's the players that aren't playing or aren't good enough. He can only work with the players he has, and hasn't had chance to replace them yet. He's brought in the youngsters, and some seem to be doing well. I blame Lerner for the stupid sell to buy policy that should only work with Blue Square North teams, MON for leaving the club with so much upset, and players that we can't sell on for any money, James Milner for making this club look completely stupid, and then fans who have so much doubt in this team.

Â