Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Turn it around then. Who do you give it to? Both Champions League final sides didn't win their leagues and the final went to penalties so no-one shone. Do you give it to Ronnie for doing so much to help Real to the title? Maybe. It might depend on how Ronnie does in the Euros. I'd still give it to Messi personally.

except Ronaldo who did carry Madrid at times especially at the end

Andrea Pirlo the man who should have won in 06 and would be my choice, was immense for Juventus and reinvigorated

I dont know how Argentinian he feels now, he is of Italian descent and has lived in Spain since he was 13. I'd be very surprised if he returned to Argentina to live after he retires from football. At what age do you start to develop a sense of identity?

interesting question. I'm 49 now, been in Canada since I was ten, feel very much internally like an Englishman, but when I go there I find I don't quite fit in any more, Everyone in England I met asks me whether I'm American... yet here in Canada after so many years I have people ask me what my accent is.

Stuck in the middle between two worlds, never fully part of one or the other.

interesting question. I'm 49 now, been in Canada since I was ten, feel very much internally like an Englishman, but when I go there I find I don't quite fit in any more, Everyone in England I met asks me whether I'm American... yet here in Canada after so many years I have people ask me what my accent is.

Stuck in the middle between two worlds, never fully part of one or the other.

Know exactly how you feel!

• 2 months later...
So glad I was at the nou camp when he scored his first ever goal.

And had no clue who he was.

What a brilliant "I was there" moment!

My personal favourite is that "I was there" when he and the other Barca boys gave the Galactico's a 2-6 hiding of there lives at the Bernabau. Will never, ever forget that night.

I then blew it the next day.

Walked past him outside the training ground while he was chatting to some youth team lads, still had no idea who he was, my cousin pointed him out and I chose to ignore him to go and do the stadium tour.

So should have got a pic or autograph.

:cry:

5 in his first 3 games this season

31 in his last 17 league games

57 this calendar year for club and country (he got 60 in 2010, think he might overtake it)

The fact that his goal to game ratio goes down if he only scores once in a game is mind boggling to me. Five years ago you would have dismissed those kinds of stats as bullshit.

Well technically it doesn't as he is well under a goal a game for his entire career. But people like to only count from when Pep came along (and rightfully so ;))

Â