The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

11 minutes ago, choffer said:

In other news, the iPhone7 already seems to be developing a fault. Even the slightest knock to the headphone jack sees it lose connection. Looks like a loose connection within the phone though rather than the connector. Seems I'm not the only one having the problem either. It's very annoying as the only way to get it back connected is to pull the headphones out of the phone altogether, count to ten and then put them back in. Progress, eh?

Who could have predicted that?

On 09/09/2016 at 15:04, limpid said:

I'd like know how much it costs to repair the connector inside the phone when the very different stresses break it.

(I know that it will be the user's fault rather than a design flaw.)

Still at least they have a fix ready. It only costs £160 for the airpods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Agree. Can't see the logic in it. 

17123251389_bed3c3a1ba_b.jpg

Sorry, it's better for the consumer because... Er... You can make a thin phone marginally thinner. And er... You can use the extra space to remove an actual button and replace it with something that fakes being a real button. Um. And everyone needs to approach audiophile quality sound quality from a portable product that will largely be used in less than ideal circumstances for sound quality. And er... Wires suck you know. I'd much rather rely on inconsistent connection quality over Bluetooth and have to have something else to charge.

Utterly, utterly stupid idea.

So in the last few weeks, Apple have c0cked up the headphone 'port', Samsung have c0cked up the note 7 completely and Google seemed to have c0cked up the pricing on their new handset...

The chiefs of all of these projects will probably all swap jobs over the next months.

Who are the winners that will benefit from all of this?

I guess the iPhone 6s sales probably stronger than they might have expected after the new model was announced. There certainly hasn't been much of a price drop.

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced my old battery powered Apple bluetooth mouse with a new rechargable one.  It works very well and all, but the lightning port, get this, is on the bottom of the thing, meaning that unlike the keyboard, you can't recharge it and use it at the same time.  Nice design, Apple.

• 2 weeks later...

My exs brother jail broke my ipad but now it wont let me download an apps anymore and it wouldnt let me download anything. I guess I am going to have to factory reset it now (serves me right letting that fool talk me into jailbreaking it) the only thing I am concerned about is I have got really far on one game and will that mean I have to restart from beginning or once I re-download the app it will be from same point?

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My exs brother jail broke my ipad but now it wont let me download an apps anymore and it wouldnt let me download anything. I guess I am going to have to factory reset it now (serves me right letting that fool talk me into jailbreaking it) the only thing I am concerned about is I have got really far on one game and will that mean I have to restart from beginning or once I re-download the app it will be from same point?

Blitz the game, finish it, factory reset?

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Blitz the game, finish it, factory reset?

Its not a game you can blitz, it has individual cases that take 2-3 days to do then you move on to the next one.  Its taken me over a year to get where I am :mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty **** pissed at Apple right now.

I've had an iphone 6 from my brother. I'm giving it as a Christmas present. I turned it on yesterday to check everything was fine and it went to activation lock. Fair enough, I have my brother's details to be able to do it.

I logged into his icloud account and removed the device from his devices, which should remove the lock. But it didn't. The lock is still on. And now the device isn't in his devices anymore so I can't do anything with it. I've been on the phone to Apple who have just said 'we can't see the iphone on his account'. Well obviously, I removed it which was in your instructions.

Had to go as I'm at work but I'll call back later and see what happened. So bloody annoying. All I wanted to do is give a phone to someone.

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I logged into his icloud account and removed the device from his devices, which should remove the lock. But it didn't. The lock is still on. And now the device isn't in his devices anymore so I can't do anything with it. I've been on the phone to Apple who have just said 'we can't see the iphone on his account'. Well obviously, I removed it which was in your instructions.

The instructions are to erase the device first, then remove it from "your" (brother's) account.

In order to get it out of activation lock, you should still be able to put in the password to unlock it - like if you lost it, locked it, then found it again. There's some instructions on the apple website

Â