The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Of course they can make a profit. And they do very nicely in that respect.

But its difficult to see the consumer benefit to the removal of an essentially universal standard port, which is remarkably well designed and works exceptionally well, in favour of a proprietary port with extremely questionable benefits to the user whilst threatening the usage life of the product and reducing the concurrent functionality, whilst also lining the company's pockets via licensing fees.

It's nonsense for everything bar Apple's profit line. They saw the universal nature of headphones being money out the door, so they changed it to stop that and cooked up largely useless reasons to justify it.

Yup.

But evil?

Come off it.

Evil is a harsh description, they've not throwing babies in a furnace.

Simple answer is, don't like it? Don't buy it. 

The bigger disappointment for me is that the long awaited iPhone 7 is a bit dull. 

25 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'd like to know how much the headphone adapter costs to replace when it inevitably breaks. 

I'd like know how much it costs to repair the connector inside the phone when the very different stresses break it.

(I know that it will be the user's fault rather than a design flaw.)

• Like 2

Just now, limpid said:

I'd like know how much it costs to repair the connector inside the phone when the very different stresses break it.

(I know that it will be the user's fault rather than a design flaw.)

I know all to well about that. Still haven't managed to get the screen on my Mac fixed. :(

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I bet you still listen to 78's on a gramophone as well  :P

Ruddy new fangled gramophones and 78s. Gimme a wax cylinder any day.

Oh and I've just updated my computer to OS10.12 Sierra, and it's miles better than the bag o'nails that was EL Capitan, which I had to remove for being so appallingly bad.

Fingers crossed they've got their S/W QA sorted again.

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

Didn't you shut a pen in it?

*shakes head*

:P

No. My phone slid about a cm and managed to crack the screen but not th glass right in the area where there were some inexplainable "bevels" as they Called them that weren't there on 3 other macs bought by colleagues at exactly the same time. 

4 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

No. My phone slid about a cm and managed to crack the screen but not th glass right in the area where there were some inexplainable "bevels" as they Called them that weren't there on 3 other macs bought by colleagues at exactly the same time. 

That was it, think I got your story muddled with another.

On 10 September 2016 at 06:25, dudevillaisnice said:

Ordered mine yesterday; Black colour due next Friday. Don't think I have ever used the headphone jack on my phones so doesn't really bother me.

That's brave, i've not seen any deals for it that have not been priced way OTT. Give it a month or 2 and there will start to be a few sensible deals around I'd guess.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the seven since release day and I like it a lot. Genuinely couldn't pick one thing out to tell you why I prefer it to the six though. 

Having said that, I wouldn't fork out for it if it was my own money. Crazy prices for these thing nowadays.

Best decision I ever made, going from a pro to an air. I love it.

In other news, the iPhone7 already seems to be developing a fault. Even the slightest knock to the headphone jack sees it lose connection. Looks like a loose connection within the phone though rather than the connector. Seems I'm not the only one having the problem either. It's very annoying as the only way to get it back connected is to pull the headphones out of the phone altogether, count to ten and then put them back in. Progress, eh?

Â