The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

I will try again tonight but I'm pretty sure I've already tried that and it prompts me for the icloud/find my iphone password and won't complete the process without it. 

The phone is unlocked to any network already 

30 minutes ago, Eames said:

I'm pretty sure I've already tried that and it prompts me for the icloud/find my iphone password and won't complete the process without it. 

Ah, quite probably - I couldn't remember whether it asked me for the phone pin or the iCloud password last time I did it.

Damn. Sorry. I guess it's back to asking Apple that you just want to reset the phone and to set it up for a new owner, and the circs as to why.

One thought is could you use the phone to go to the apple site and auto log in as him (it may allow you to auto complete/auto fill the sign in and password fields) and then from there reset the password or get a reminder sent?

Any Apple buffs out there think they could answer a question for me?

So a few pages back (Over The Summer) I mentioned that my MacBook Pro screen had cracked, not the glass, but the actual LCD screen underneath. An Apple repair centre said that obviously the glass should have protected it and that the screens are incredibly fragile. Apple themselves refused to accept this.

Anyway, I'm not paying £600 to fix it so it just sits collecting dust. Today my colleagues had their MacBooks in, same model, same spec etc, and I was looking at the black border around the screen and i noticed that they didn't have these two rectangular shaped cutouts in them like mine do.

Does anybody know what these are or what they are for? Apple themselves don't seem to know either.....

IMG_0215.jpg

• 3 months later...

So the iPhone SE.

I quite like it, even as an android guy I've long admired the craft and design of the 4-5 generation phones. Seriously stunning phones.

I'm also after a smaller display with all the power.

Ideally I'd have liked it to be a 4.3-4.5 inch screen, about the same size as the Moto e perhaps.

The only thing missing is expandable storage and OIS for me so hopefully there is some kind of DIS like on the new Nexus phones to make up for this. Storage wise, it's the only hurdle for me but I'm not sure I've ever gone over 16GB so it may be ok.

£350 seems a decent price too but I'm sure I'll find it cheaper somewhere.

The only other question is, is it acceptable for a man to purchase the rose gold color?

Edited by Ingram85

Better half is thrilled with the SE news. Bigger is not better as far as she's concerned. (Lucky me). 5s was obviosly some kind of sweet spot sizewise.

On 17 December 2015 at 11:38, sexbelowsound said:

Any Apple buffs out there think they could answer a question for me?

So a few pages back (Over The Summer) I mentioned that my MacBook Pro screen had cracked, not the glass, but the actual LCD screen underneath. An Apple repair centre said that obviously the glass should have protected it and that the screens are incredibly fragile. Apple themselves refused to accept this.

Anyway, I'm not paying £600 to fix it so it just sits collecting dust. Today my colleagues had their MacBooks in, same model, same spec etc, and I was looking at the black border around the screen and i noticed that they didn't have these two rectangular shaped cutouts in them like mine do.

Does anybody know what these are or what they are for? Apple themselves don't seem to know either.....

I wonder if it's actually a genuine Apple screen - my Macbook doesn't have the cutouts (it's an older one mind). On all the MacBooks I've ever seen the glass is continuous with no cut outs are little panels.

You can get replacement screens and fix yourself, though it's not a job for a complete beginner or you can go to somewhere like http://www.ifixexpress.co.uk/macbook-screen-repair/

In a lot of cases when it comes to the Macbook unibody 13:, 15, or 17″ its only the glass that has been cracked. In this case we are able to remove the old broken glass panel that is glued into the screen panel and replace it with a fresh spanking new one. many companies will not replace the glass due to the health and safety aspect  of shattering glass. We use a unique  procedure to carry out this kind of repair, and we can have this done usually the very same day or within 24 hours.

Note I've not used them myself, and if you send your mac off, it might be wise to back up and protect it yourself first, or even erase any sensitive banking data etc.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

So the iPhone SE.

I quite like it, even as an android guy I've long admired the craft and design of the 4-5 generation phones. Seriously stunning phones.

Ideally I'd have liked it to be a 4.3-4.5 inch screen, about the same size as the Moto e perhaps.

The only thing missing is expandable storage and OIS for me so hopefully there is some kind of DIS like on the new Nexus phones to make up for this. Storage wise, it's the only hurdle for me but I'm not sure I've ever gone over 16GB so it may be ok.

The only other question is, is it acceptable for a man to purchase the rose gold color?

If you wan to purchase a pink phone, then go for it! :)

I always thought the 5/5S screen size was a bit of an odd shape.. a bit too narrow if that makes sense?

I went from a 4S to a 6S Plus (via a S7 Edge - will elaborate more in the Android thread) and I'm just happier with Apple phones. 

I would struggle to go back to the smaller screen though 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I always thought the 5/5S screen size was a bit of an odd shape.. a bit too narrow if that makes sense?

Very much so. Very weird looking phone, imo

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I wonder if it's actually a genuine Apple screen - my Macbook doesn't have the cutouts (it's an older one mind). On all the MacBooks I've ever seen the glass is continuous with no cut outs are little panels.

You can get replacement screens and fix yourself, though it's not a job for a complete beginner or you can go to somewhere like http://www.ifixexpress.co.uk/macbook-screen-repair/

Note I've not used them myself, and if you send your mac off, it might be wise to back up and protect it yourself first, or even erase any sensitive banking data etc.

Cheers mate.

This Mac still sits and collects dust. They never could explain what those small rectangles were but they don't care, it's my fault apparently.

I'm going to look into this Ifix though.

Edited by sexbelowsound

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst on holiday my kids were playing with a little girl with an ipad that had a really cool camera app which did some great effects with facial recognition. There were lasers coming out of eyes, a gorilla face effect, a dog face effect.

Anyone know if this is in the stock camera app or if its something that needs to be downloaded/purchased?

16 hours ago, Genie said:

Cheers Stevo, that looks like the fella :thumb:

Snapchat does alot of these now, you just press on someones face on the screen for a second or 2 and loads of options come up, like the dog one you see all the time and faceswapping. They seem to change up the options every day. You can just save the photo rather than send it via snapchat aswell

the last update killed the Iron man effect and replaced it with Batman  , guess it's a copyright thing

my kids have filled my phone up with hundreds of images and videos from that app  ..

they've yet to repeat my feat of capturing the cat though , takes Jedi like skill

IMG_8531.JPG

On 21 March 2016 at 17:32, Ingram85 said:

So the iPhone SE.

I think it's a cracking handset, powerful but my issue is that the screen is still the same as it was in 2011.

Â