Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

I'd wait till February and if there's no improvement then fire him. If we replaced him now I really don't think a new man would have enough time to get the required players in, not having worked long anough with the current squad.

You say if we replaced him now then there wouldnt be enough time for the new guy to make a difference, yet in the next breath you say you would wait until feb before sacking him if results dont imrove.

He needs to go now. waiting until after the next transfer window would be too late.

A hypothetical question: If Houllier stays until after transfer window, spends 20m on new players and is still in/around relegation zone, would you get rid of him then?

Or would you rather get a new manager in now who could spend that money how he wants to in Jan?

See what im saying? If Ged stays, buys players, and were still shite...the next manager will be left with Geds signings, half of which he probably wont want anyway.

I'm hoping he makes a few inspired signings in January and that he knows what is needed for us to improve. A new man now may not have enough time to work with the squad and be able to make the right signings in Jan. I'm supposing Houllier can do that. Sack him now and the new man will need time to adjust and will have too little time to make the right decisions in January.

It's not ideal but I'm hoping he can turn it round when players return from injury and he gets some players in.

Definatly Tom, but I don't think 'lack of effort' alone is enough to sack someone.

I agree we're embarrassing at the moment and something needs to change. But I think a lot of people are upset and are after Houllier's head because of last nights results and comments (even though for weeks we've been saying that we need to give him time and that we should let him have a transfer window or two).

Yes it is, it means he's lost the players, they won't jump through hoops for him, they are going through the motions, they don't respect him. It's rare you even see them interact with him, they interact with his staff but rarely him.

... in your opinion.

I think everyone's jumping on the fact that he's not a Martin "jump up and down on the touchline" O'Neill-type of manager just because we're losing.

If we had been winning games, people would probably be stating how much they like Houllier's composure with Cowans on the touchline pulling the strings.

how long does someone need to install a bit of desire - passion and belief?

I don't know, but my guess is that it takes longer to install belief into youngsters than it does seniors.

Something has to change though. We've got to stop getting injuries, play to our strength drop players that need to be dropped and try and close the opposition down for **** once!

A unique set of circumstances and will RL give him any money in January?

If he doesnt then he may walk and its back to square one. (he may walk on Saturday if we get beat)

Randy has no choice but to back GH with good money, because if he doesn't GH doesn't stand a chance of getting Villa to play the way he wants them to and be successful with it, so it will all come back on Randy.

Definatly Tom, but I don't think 'lack of effort' alone is enough to sack someone.

I agree we're embarrassing at the moment and something needs to change. But I think a lot of people are upset and are after Houllier's head because of last nights results and comments (even though for weeks we've been saying that we need to give him time and that we should let him have a transfer window or two).

and a lot of us have not been saying that

I'm losing faith fast and last nights display coupled with GH not applauding our fans and his comments towards liverpool have deepened this feeling.

Despite this i think it would be very kneejerk to get rid of him now and potentially disaterous to the stability of the club. I'm willing to give him until the summer and see where we stand then.

if you can see gh getting 9 points from the next 3 VITAL games gh will stay..however i & most villa fans carnt see us getting 2 points from next 3 games..this guys is simply not good enough.ifs a fact that when gh took over we were a top 6 side,every side has injurys..liverpool without their trio last night! it wont be long before gh looses the dressing room or maybe he has.

I can't help but think the man is living in the past. It's like he's taken the villa job as a bit of a blast for old time sake. most media interviews are trips down memory lane about the Anfield days. he brings in 37 year old Pires who he would love to have had 10 years ago, is interested in the cripple Owen, and is linked to other players who are close to drawing their pension. I'm sure he was quite confident that he could waltz into Villa like he did at Liverpool and expect the same result. His appointment in reality has created more turmoil which will only cost a lot of money to get out of.

Time to dig deep into those pockets of yours, Randy! And don't try and be to precious about the money either, considering a lot of that money was earned as a result of, how shall I say it politely, "dubious conversion"

Far too early to be talking about this, he hasnt even bought any of his own players in yet ffs.

He is the manager of AVFC, lets stick by him!

Is he? You could have fooled me! And 1,500 other Villa fans last night!

How anyone can still back him after what he did to our club last night is COMPLETELY beyond me. His position is now untenable :nod:

Now I know Jol is available - Yes , I want him gone.

I wa shappy with his appointment in the circs - ie: I thought he was one of the best we could get in the situation we were in.

The situation has changed, and to me, the manager needs to as well.

No room for sentiment - last night was final straw.

Last night was a big turning point for me.

If Houllier was sacked now, I'd be happy about it.

Unfortunately the kind of "right and proper" attitude that dictates the actions of our board means that it quite simply wont happen.

Not a chance.

Fot the guy who wanted the comments -

a) read above

B) As he walked down the steps he stroked the "this is Anfield" sign - which is supposed to be for Liverpool staff to do

c) At the end of the game - he turned to the Kop and applauded - totally ignoring our own fans that were absolutely magnificent.

d) Before the game, he took time to sign Liverpool programmes for their fans. This is only a week afer GK said that GH could not do this for Villa fans as he is too busy before the game.

And thats ony the ones I can remember !

oh

e) Having a public slanging match on the pitch with Stephen Warnock didn't help either

Â