Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

I find it quite funny too that the 'Yes' % seems to be rising.. we obviously have people visiting this site who are not villa fans and thinking it be funny to vote yes to try and keep him here and keep us a laughing stock a little bit more.

Genuine villa fans after last night want what is right for our club and not make it suffer further!

HOULLIER OUT!

I find it quite funny too that the 'Yes' % seems to be rising.. we obviously have people visiting this site who are not villa fans and thinking it be funny to vote yes to try and keep him here and keep us a laughing stock a little bit more.

Genuine villa fans after last night want what is right for our club and not make it suffer further!

HOULLIER OUT!

I guess a lot of them are on reflection. Probably also knew better than coming on here last night!

Bicks, without looking up his transfer history, I'm pretty sure he also signed some decent players.

Jan 1999: Jean-Michel Ferri Istanbulspor £1.5m

Jan 1999: Rigobert Song Salernitana £2.7m

Feb 1999: Djimi Traore Laval £550,000

Jun 1999: Titi Camara Marseille £2.8m

Jun 2000: Bernard Diomede Auxerre £3m

Sep 2000: Gregory Vignal Montpellier

Sep 2001: Anthony Le Tallec and Florent Sinama Pongolle Le Havre £6m

Jan 2002: Abel Xavier Everton £800,000

Jun 2002: El-Hadji Diouf Lens £10m

Jul 2002: Bruno Cheyrou Lille £3.7m

Aug 2002: Salif Diao Sedan £5m

Those are his French related purchases whilst at liverpool, which is what I was talking about. There were probably some French youth players in the academy too but I can't find records of them, I can guarantee you wont have heard of them since though

Most of his other transfers were almost as bad but the French ones were horrendous

Was discussing this with a mate and he said it's like your girlfriend telling you that she fancy your best mate, the trust I had in him to run Villa disappeared yesterday and I wish he disappears from Villa as well now.

As one of the 1500 or so Villa fans who out sung the kop tonight whilst watching that tripe and then had to watch as the manager acknowledged the liverpool fans and not his own I have to say its up there with the most disgusted I've felt in my 30 odd years of supporting this great club.

The man has no respect for us and is a disgrace.

Exactly and although Liverpool isnt the furthest away it was on a Monday night I bet you got back quite late as well.

HOULLIER OUT!

Or maybe some of us who voted yes are actually Villa fans, but aren't still crying over last night because we have better things to do with our time?

It's nothing to do with who is a proper fan, it's to do with circumstances and also the fact that some people believe a manager should atleast have a transfer window to work with before they get the boot.

I'm not happy with the way things are being done at the moment, no-one is, but that doesn't mean getting rid of our manager with no-one to replace him (anyone who is a realistic option anyways) is the answer, it's more a kneejerk reaction and an automatic response that makes all of us fans look like morons.

HOULLIER OUT!

Fully agree with this, 100%.

We seem to have some people who think it is fine for Aston Villa Football Club to be insulted by our 'manager' and shown so little respect in front of the watching world and 1,500 loyal away fans.

We also seem to have some people who still have faith in a manager who openly admitted that, and I quote, "the game was over" at 2-0.

I honestly cannot fathom the thinking of these said people. Houllier out NOW!

His position is untenable.

I voted no. I wasnt very optimistic about him becoming manager to begin with but i was hoping to be proved wrong. I wanted somebody who was a bit younger with more hunger, passion and enthusiasm, Houllier doesnt seem to have any of them, the sound of his voice makes me feel depressed and seeing him sit lifeless on the bench next to G-Mac makes me feel even worse! If we dont win at least one of our next two games i think the pressure will really be on him, i just hope the board has the nerve to get rid of him.

HOULLIER OUT!

Or maybe some of us who voted yes are actually Villa fans, but aren't still crying over last night because we have better things to do with our time?

It's nothing to do with who is a proper fan, it's to do with circumstances and also the fact that some people believe a manager should atleast have a transfer window to work with before they get the boot.

I'm not happy with the way things are being done at the moment, no-one is, but that doesn't mean getting rid of our manager with no-one to replace him (anyone who is a realistic option anyways) is the answer, it's more a kneejerk reaction and an automatic response that makes all of us fans look like morons.

So you agree with the fact he insults the villa fans and waves and claps the kop? (not the villa fans who are there for the team no the liverpool fans)

You agree the game was over at 2-0 like gh said?

Wasnt worth us turning up really was it?

Makes me laugh even more people who make excuses for someone who is out of touch with the fans and the players.

I guess its ok to be beaten by liverpool 3-0 i mean its liverpool so it dont matter.

Yep now i can see why fans vote no for!!!!!

maybe some people think hysterial overreactions aren't the best times to make key decisions.

sacking anyone everytime there's a poor run of form will see us turn into a joke. less than 4 months, you hyponchondriacs. get a **** grip.

honestly, ok, the actions last night weren't wise, but if we'd won no-one would have given a toss really. But just because we lost is no excuse to turn it into something far bigger than it is.

I'm not saying everything's all rosy, but honestly some of you really need to grow up. It may well be that it doesn't work out but he has not had near enough time for anyone to come to a FAIR conclusion regarding this. Some of you have been open about disliking him from the off so your tolerance level for patience is undoubtedly going to be skewed lower than most reasonable people, and for others it appears dissatisfaction with MoNs departure is being taken out on the new guy in order to attack the latest boogey monster the board.

Now I know that for some getting off on being angry and moaning is a raison d'etre, which personally I think is a little sad but each to their own and all that, but I guarantee you, our stock will drop even more dramatically if we panic respond to any old crisis.

Hindsight might indeed prove GH doesn't have the nous in him, but that can't be decided now.

Passion's great, retarded misdirected angry passion is not.

HOULLIER OUT!

So you agree with the fact he insults the villa fans and waves and claps the kop? (not the villa fans who are there for the team no the liverpool fans)

You agree the game was over at 2-0 like gh said?

Wasnt worth us turning up really was it?

Makes me laugh even more people who make excuses for someone who is out of touch with the fans and the players.

I guess its ok to be beaten by liverpool 3-0 i mean its liverpool so it dont matter.

Yep now i can see why fans vote no for!!!!!

I've mentioned in other threads my feelings towards this, but for your benefit, no I don't think any of the things he did last night were particularly smart, but I do think people are overreacting to some of them.

My point, which you may have missed, is that managers should be given time, and I don't think sacking him now would be a good idea because there's nobody we could get realistically that people would be happy with, and all of the problems of coming to a new club and getting to know the players etc. would just start over again.

Simple answer NO! Talk about being disrespectful. He sits in that dugout like David O'Dreary. I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing him mention Liverpool in every single interview. He doesn't want to be here and the majority of fans don't want him either. Simple solution. Get rid and go all out for Coyle or Jol. But we all know Lerner won't sack Houllier.

Bicks, without looking up his transfer history, I'm pretty sure he also signed some decent players.

Those are his French related purchases whilst at liverpool, which is what I was talking about. There were probably some French youth players in the academy too but I can't find records of them, I can guarantee you wont have heard of them since though

Most of his other transfers were almost as bad but the French ones were horrendous

Wow what a bunch of world beaters! Have any of these players ever set the game alight?

For those saying that he should be given time to bring in his own players, all I can say is from what I can see he isn't likely to bring in players that will radically improve us either.

Just look at the players he signed for Liverpool. Very inspiring. And the one he's rumoured to be interested in? Michael Owen. Yeah Owen will catapult us back up the table. :lol:

I actually find all this reaction very funny!

I thought everyone realised this was going to be very much a season of transition? Yes, things aren't good right now, but anyone can see GH is looking to change things, it will take time! He hasn't even had a transfer window yet, he's hardly likely to have the team playing quite how he wants.

And to those who think he should have the team playing how MON did, no manager worth having will come in and simply try to imitate the man he's replaced! He has to put his own mark on the team, whether or not that works quickly or takes time.

And as for his comments after the game, I really couldn't care less. I don't care if the manager likes or respects the fans. I don't respect the Villa fans! I think they're a bunch of whining tits on the whole. all that matters is if he is a good manager or not and he hasn't even come close to having the chance to prove that or not at Villa. Honestly, who can blame him for for being warmer to Liverpool fans who still like and respect him years after he's gone than he is to Villa fans who want him out before he's finished clearing out all of MONs unread scouting reports from his office!

Wow what a bunch of world beaters! Have any of these players ever set the game alight?

For those saying that he should be given time to bring in his own players, all I can say is from what I can see he isn't likely to bring in players that will radically improve us either.

Just look at the players he signed for Liverpool. Very inspiring. And the one he's rumoured to be interested in? Michael Owen. Yeah Owen will catapult us back up the table. :lol:

The same Liverpool players that he won a treble with? The same players that won The Champions League which Houllier hugely credited for since it is widely stated that depite Benitez being manager, it was Houllier's team?

As for Michael Owen, you said it yourself, a RUMOUR.

Â