Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

I'll judge him and the board by his and their actions in the January transfer window.

He needs to be backed if we are going to successfully change our style of play as we need to alter the squad quite dramatically.

One thing that people need to remember is that this was always going to be a tough season of transition after MON and Milner went. Couple that with injuries/illnesses and it's hardly been fair in allowing GH to show what he can really do.

This is a bitter pill to swallow after MON's reign because were just never looked dejected and always had this never-say-die attitude; because they were his players and it was his team. These aren't Ged's players yet - he needs a chance to get some players in. If he doesn't bother or the board don't back him in Jan, then we need to be worried.

If he doesn't bother or the board don't back him in Jan, then we need to be worried.

By which time it will be six months too late.

Im worried now btw. Worried that my deepest darkest nightmare will come true...the blues being a decent prem team and us being the next Leeds united.

If Jol is available, we have to be ruthless and do what is best for AVFC and get him. I would probably also sound out Coyle.

If they aren't available, I'd keep it the way it is. We certainly can't afford to get rid of someone and wait a month before appointing another manager.

I have said I do not think he is the right man for us right from the start of his reign here and I still do not think he is right. I was told give him time, whll when it isn't right it isn't right no matter how long you give it.

BUT, it is incredibly dangerous changing a manager two or three times in a season, we have done it before and suffered.

If he goes now we cannot afford to make another mistake in the next appointment and it will need to be quick and right , before January and giving the bloke full support in the window.

Lots of people blaming MOn for this (still) time to look at Randy.

Lots of people blaming MOn for this (still) time to look at Randy.

Thats because MON is partly to blame, not solely but he contributed.

He left at just the right time to **** us over, shows what type of bloke he is imo.

Randy needs to step up and sort it out though.

No, never wanted him as manager and never will. thought it was a disastrous cop out from Lerner from the start. Got a cheap unemployed manager, who had no major ambitions to drive the club higher than 6th. He stated from the begining that his aim was 8th to 12th. He cant' get a full hearted performance out of the team which is the most important factor.

This suited Lerner, as he could keep all his Milner money.

To be honest I would also like if lerner sold up. Think he handled the O'neill departure disastrously, and the money he wouldn't provide to O'Neill in september will be lost anyways in match attendances, league position, sponsorships, club shop purchases, tv money, sacking a poor manager, and paying for a new one.

Anyone voting 'yes' clearly doesn't think much of Aston Villa Football Club and its fans being disrespected in such a disgraceful manner.

Get him out NOW! :evil:

I voted yes, it's my opinion.

I'm not happy with what he said or did after the Liverpool game, but I honestly don't think that changing manager again is a good idea.

I'll stick with Houllier, hope for a few good results in the next few weeks and then judge him after he's had a few transfer windows.

Â