Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

My fear is not that he isn't a good manager, more than he isn't the type of character that we need at this particular moment in time

He doesn't seem to have the passion for the task, that is what concerns me.

It is still early days, and I would give him a bit longer, but if Jol is available, perhaps we ought to be ruthless and go and get him. I don't agree with those who say he wouldn't come, but we have to prove our ambition.

MON signed some shocker's aswell in his time, i think all manager's have at some point. I just feel in January if we spend moey we really cant afford to get it wrong with who GH chooses to buy

Hopefully they will have had a good long think on this very subject when they had that meeting earlier today.

Bloody hell that list of players is awful, IF Randy gives him significant funds in january im worried what he'l do with them

Like MON's was much better :crylaugh:

trust GH more I must say :-)

im not mons biggest fan,but i think he signed Ash,and swapped Baros for Carew..

MON signed some shocker's aswell in his time, i think all manager's have at some point. I just feel in January if we spend moey we really cant afford to get it wrong with who GH chooses to buy

Very much this, although no matter who we bring in some will be unhappy, i'm sure someone was moaning about the possibilty of overseas players coming in!

I actually find all this reaction very funny!

I thought everyone realised this was going to be very much a season of transition? Yes, things aren't good right now, but anyone can see GH is looking to change things, it will take time! He hasn't even had a transfer window yet, he's hardly likely to have the team playing quite how he wants.

And to those who think he should have the team playing how MON did, no manager worth having will come in and simply try to imitate the man he's replaced! He has to put his own mark on the team, whether or not that works quickly or takes time.

And as for his comments after the game, I really couldn't care less. I don't care if the manager likes or respects the fans. I don't respect the Villa fans! I think they're a bunch of whining tits on the whole. all that matters is if he is a good manager or not and he hasn't even come close to having the chance to prove that or not at Villa. Honestly, who can blame him for for being warmer to Liverpool fans who still like and respect him years after he's gone than he is to Villa fans who want him out before he's finished clearing out all of MONs unread scouting reports from his office!

We're the fans who will be here longer than Houllier or any other manager so we deserve respect. Well go on Liverpool sites and see what they thought of him when he was manager a deluded old man. Give it a few years and they'll love Benitez too, but you know what we are paying customers, we deserve respect, I paid £80 for 2 tickets, sitting in a shit stand, in the cold. In return we got a shit performance, but that's by the by, you take the risk in that however the 1500 of us who went deserved some gratitude of travelling up to Anfield to support our club and outsinging Liverpool, i was told by Liverpool the atmosphere on night games is something else, well the only fans i seen supporting their club was us and that was at 3-0 down. Then our manager is seen walking over to the Kop applauding them but totally ignoring us. A total lack of respect for me. If we had won the game, no way would they have been applauding that fool.

Bicks, without looking up his transfer history, I'm pretty sure he also signed some decent players.

Jan 1999: Jean-Michel Ferri Istanbulspor £1.5m

Jan 1999: Rigobert Song Salernitana £2.7m

Feb 1999: Djimi Traore Laval £550,000

Jun 1999: Titi Camara Marseille £2.8m

Jun 2000: Bernard Diomede Auxerre £3m

Sep 2000: Gregory Vignal Montpellier

Sep 2001: Anthony Le Tallec and Florent Sinama Pongolle Le Havre £6m

Jan 2002: Abel Xavier Everton £800,000

Jun 2002: El-Hadji Diouf Lens £10m

Jul 2002: Bruno Cheyrou Lille £3.7m

Aug 2002: Salif Diao Sedan £5m

Those are his French related purchases whilst at liverpool, which is what I was talking about. There were probably some French youth players in the academy too but I can't find records of them, I can guarantee you wont have heard of them since though

Most of his other transfers were almost as bad but the French ones were horrendous

Wow what a bunch of world beaters! Have any of these players ever set the game alight?

For those saying that he should be given time to bring in his own players, all I can say is from what I can see he isn't likely to bring in players that will radically improve us either.

Just look at the players he signed for Liverpool. Very inspiring. And the one he's rumoured to be interested in? Michael Owen. Yeah Owen will catapult us back up the table. :lol:

May 1999: Sami Hyypia Willem II £2.6m

Jun 1999: Stephane Henchoz Blackburn £3.5m

Jul 1999: Dietmar Hamann Newcastle £8m

Jun 2001: John Arne Riise Monaco £4m

Vignal, Traore and Xavier were excellent buys for the price, Cisse was certainly never a bad player, and there were plenty of other decent "squad" buys.

It's easy to make any manager look shit in the transfer market, we all know that. Look at Fergies record, it proves how shit a manager he is:

David Bellion

Eric Djemba-Djemba

Kleberson

Louis Saha

Alan Smith

Jordi Cruyff

Jesper Blomqvist

Quentin Fortune

Massimo Taibi

Juan Sebastian Veron

Roy Carroll

Bebe

I think GH in a recent interview admitted to making errors in some of his signings, and indeed the last 4 of those came post OP which said had affected him until his second year at Lyon.

But as is the case for every manager in the world, there are winners and stinkers.

Bloody hell that list of players is awful, IF Randy gives him significant funds in january im worried what he'l do with them

Carew?? oh so lucky we are :-)

And as for his comments after the game, I really couldn't care less. I don't care if the manager likes or respects the fans. I don't respect the Villa fans! I think they're a bunch of whining tits on the whole. all that matters is if he is a good manager or not and he hasn't even come close to having the chance to prove that or not at Villa. Honestly, who can blame him for for being warmer to Liverpool fans who still like and respect him years after he's gone than he is to Villa fans who want him out before he's finished clearing out all of MONs unread scouting reports from his office!

Welcome to the board, Gerard.

Welcome to the board, Gerard.

The way some people are reacting on this message board, they're hardly giving good reasons to give them respect.

I hate most football fans at the best of times though.

Well he wasn't signed now was he?

Well he wasn't signed now was he?

Does it really matter?

All managers make good and bad buys. some or better than others tho.

i thought we where only talking about the first transfer window,god Carew is the most lazy player i have ever seen..

I thought everyone realised this was going to be very much a season of transition? Yes, things aren't good right now, but anyone can see GH is looking to change things, it will take time! He hasn't even had a transfer window yet, he's hardly likely to have the team playing quite how he wants.

And to those who think he should have the team playing how MON did, no manager worth having will come in and simply try to imitate the man he's replaced! He has to put his own mark on the team, whether or not that works quickly or takes time.

We're the fans who will be here longer than Houllier or any other manager so we deserve respect. Well go on Liverpool sites and see what they thought of him when he was manager a deluded old man. Give it a few years and they'll love Benitez too, but you know what we are paying customers, we deserve respect, I paid £80 for 2 tickets, sitting in a shit stand, in the cold. In return we got a shit performance, but that's by the by, you take the risk in that however the 1500 of us who went deserved some gratitude of travelling up to Anfield to support our club and outsinging Liverpool, i was told by Liverpool the atmosphere on night games is something else, well the only fans i seen supporting their club was us and that was at 3-0 down. Then our manager is seen walking over to the Kop applauding them but totally ignoring us. A total lack of respect for me. If we had won the game, no way would they have been applauding that fool.

Yes, we'll be here longer. Don't know what that means we deserve respect? The Royal Family have been around a hell of a long time, I have 0 respect for them. Ditto the Conservative Party, Millwall fans, criminal and scousers. Fair enough, if you feel strongly that how the manager behaves towards the fans is important then you have good grounds for wanting GH out. I don't care about it. I'd rather have a manager here for a few years, build up a real relationship with the fans and give them respect in the media or at an away game because of a genuine relationship he has with the fans, not just because it's something that's expected. MON (who I was a fan of) always clapped the fans after away games and waved when urged by the Holte, but the way he left suggests he didn't have much genuine respect. That's what matters (if anything), not a silly wave at the end of the game.

i thought we where only talking about the first transfer window,god Carew is the most lazy player i have ever seen..

But GH haven't had any yet we can talk about. but he soon have

Yes, we'll be here longer. Don't know what that means we deserve respect? The Royal Family have been around a hell of a long time, I have 0 respect for them. Ditto the Conservative Party, Millwall fans, criminal and scousers. Fair enough, if you feel strongly that how the manager behaves towards the fans is important then you have good grounds for wanting GH out. I don't care about it. I'd rather have a manager here for a few years, build up a real relationship with the fans and give them respect in the media or at an away game because of a genuine relationship he has with the fans, not just because it's something that's expected. MON (who I was a fan of) always clapped the fans after away games and waved when urged by the Holte, but the way he left suggests he didn't have much genuine respect. That's what matters (if anything), not a silly wave at the end of the game.

Look it's a small gesture, would it really have hurt him to just appreciate the support? He is an arrogant deluded old man for me who thinks he's bigger than this club.

Â