Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

the manager acknowledged the liverpool fans and not his own I have to say its up there with the most disgusted I've felt in my 30 odd years of supporting this great club.

The man has no respect for us and is a disgrace.

This.

the manager acknowledged the liverpool fans and not his own I have to say its up there with the most disgusted I've felt in my 30 odd years of supporting this great club.

This.

x2 if this is true and he didn't acknowledge the away following.

This.

x2 if this is true and he didn't acknowledge the away following.

Its true, I was there and so was Mark

I have been in the "needs more time" camp and I have been feeling that once players start coming back and with a good January we might have a strong finish to the season. I am increasingly worried though that Houllier doesn't seem to be capable of setting us up to win games - or at least not lose games - as the performances are getting worse rather than better.

At this point in time I think we need to give him a few more weeks to turn because at this point in time the last thing the club needs is more instability. Unless there is a ready-made replacement in the wings, we are better with the Devil we know... for now.

Was going to stay away from the site until Saturday as I knew it would be depressing around here and don't need anymoreof that.

Saying that I have said give him time to get his team together and judge him at the end of the season. My views after tonight have changed slightly.

The main reason is the disrespect he has shown the fans tonight. I don't mind him touching the Liverpool Crest but not acknowledging the Villa fans after the game is a pretty poor show in my view. I saw him on TV before the game when he arrived at the game he headed to the home changing by mistake; again old habit die hard. But the Fans travel their fan and sing their hearts out and he couldn't be asked to give them a wave while he did the Liverpool fans.

The second thing is the rumours I heard of players arguing on the field and coaching staff on the side lines. If anyone can elaborate more I would like to hear what was said. I know it was cold tonight be I din't see anyone on our bench look like they cared. There didn't seem any urgency to encourage the players they just like they wanted to stay warm.

And lastly the players didn't seem in it tonight. Gabby was very frustrated and Hogg was the only one I saw was getting pissed off and getting stuck in. That was until I saw Dunne in the later part of the 2nd half spark into action.

I voted I don't care right now because I am not sure if GH does. I like to be an optimist but after tonight sadly I couldn't be.

I have been in the "needs more time" camp and I have been feeling that once players start coming back and with a good January we might have a strong finish to the season. I am increasingly worried though that Houllier doesn't seem to be capable of setting us up to win games - or at least not lose games - as the performances are getting worse rather than better.

At this point in time I think we need to give him a few more weeks to turn because at this point in time the last thing the club needs is more instability. Unless there is a ready-made replacement in the wings, we are better with the Devil we know... for now.

Agreed.

One Caveat: His comments reveal that his heart is not in Villa, but in Merseyside. I don't know if that will change over the course of this year but I suspect not.

On that basis alone a replacement should be lined up to take over from next season.

One Caveat: His comments reveal that his heart is not in Villa, but in Merseyside. I don't know if that will change over the course of this year but I suspect not.

On that basis alone a replacement should be lined up to take over from next season.

No, on that basis alone he should not be allowed back into Villa Park. Utterly inexcusable.

No.

I can take losses

I can take us not playing well

I can handle him having excuses

But I cant handle what he said tonight. I think im just coming out of the shock of him saying that......Plus it looks like the dressing room has gone, and lets be honest, I wouldnt play for him either.

Agreed.

Is that before or after we've been relegated? Because after tonight it is clear not only has he lost the vast majority of the fans backing, but he has also lost the dressing room. Do you really want to give him the rest of the season? I don't.

Is that before or after we've been relegated? Because after tonight it is clear not only has he lost the vast majority of the fans backing, but he has also lost the dressing room. Do you really want to give him the rest of the season? I don't.

I'm not convinced that putting a new manager in charge right now will guarantee that we stay up. In fact, performances could get worse.

That is the ONLY reason why I don't want him replaced immediately.

We won't go down under Houllier. Or a new manager. I'm positive. Although shouldn't even got to that stage of discussion.

:?

It isn't a possibility, then? :?

Course it is, it's possible Man City will win the Prem, I'm confident they won't though.

We've got 22ish points to get from 22 games. With players coming back, stronger squad and easier fixture list back end of the season, I think we have enough in us to get that amount of points.

I voted yes. I haven't been happy with the performances or results of course, what sane villa fan would be? But realistically, who would people get as a replacement? And like POB said earlier, at this stage of the season, whoever did come in would be in the same situation concerning injuries and all the other problems, and add to that more time for the manager to settle, and for the players to get their head around their 4th manager in less than 6 months!

Anyone have any realistic replacements in mind? I'm not counting Martin Jol because frankly the timing of him quitting Ajax is just too coincidental with Newcastle's sacking of Hughton, although I have always been a big admirer of Jol and I wouldn't be completely unhappy if he did come to us, but that's not going to happen.

We've got 22ish points to get from 22 games. With players coming back, stronger squad and easier fixture list back end of the season, I think we have enough in us to get that amount of points.

And yet you say we are in a relegation fight, but you are also positive that we won't get relegated whilst thinking that the manager should go whilst believing that players returning will turn our fortunes whilst pondering yadda, yadda...

You can't see the future so it might be an idea to be less sure of the different futures you appear to be very clear about and less sure that other people's ideas are to be easily dismissed.

I think that hes lost the dressing room, and that, if true, is enough to get someone new in to give the lads a shot in the arm. These players did not become shite overnight, well not all of them anyway ;)

For me - I know Jol been mentioned, would deffo take him.If not, Someone who can manage personalities, Ranieri with a tactically astute assistant say Steve Clarke.

Â