Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

Can't believe his quote from yesterday, it absolute disgrace, I always been one of those supporter ready to back up the manager no matter what, but that was undefendable. -7 on a cold monday night in anfield, the villa fans done us proud, but GH seem to be living in the past, even before the game, some of the quotes about Carragher and SG, it rare not to hear a press conference from him without mentioning Liverpool. Yesterday you wouldn't know which team outperform the other last season. I was willing to back Houllier until the end of next season, but after yesterday comment, I couldn't care less if he leave tommorow. He a poor man version of Wenger.

not a chance,wenger knows att the best french players..hence gh brings in pires.

Jesus Christ. There is this little law called a transfer window?

i dont trust gh with my club

Jacobs_cluborangebiscuits.jpg

:angry:

Right common sense head on here people...

I didn’t want Houllier in the beginning but I have warmed to him – he says the right things

I've got to be honest with you, I stopped reading when I saw that.

Had you have bothered to read the next 3 words of my post you'd perhaps have carried on, but don't let that stop you from rubbishing my post for a cheap laugh eh!

Having watched that trollop in minus eight temperatures and then to find when I get home that our 'manager' has treated Aston Villa Football Club in such a way, I can confidently inform you I am not "laughing" at anything.

Houllier supposedly has an excellent knowledge of foreign players and we know that he has worked within French Youth Development for the past few years. In January, who better to add to a squad with great potential? If he can bring in a few French-Fabian Delphs, we'll be laughing).

You do know Houllier was head of the French Youth set up BEFORE he was Liverpool boss (his last job was French Technical Director) and with his extensive knowledge of the french youth then he brought in the likes of Bernard Diomede, Bruno Cheyrou, Anthony Le Tallec, Florent Sinema-Pongole and quite a few more who were absolutely abysmal. He let Wenger sign most of the good ones. Most of the French youth players he knows about are just a bit younger than Robert Pires.

This Houllier and French Youth thing has little evidence to support it and much that says its a big myth

Bicks is right, even at Lyon when he won the ligue 1 twice, the squad was already there and head and shoulders above the other teams in the league..

Gerrard was already at liverpool, owen was already a star when he took over.

Im not excited by him in the transfer market.

I just want him to go now :(

bad times.

Bicks, without looking up his transfer history, I'm pretty sure he also signed some decent players.

Bicks is right, even at Lyon when he won the ligue 1 twice, the squad was already there and head and shoulders above the other teams in the league..

Gerrard was already at liverpool, owen was already a star when he took over.

Im not excited by him in the transfer market.

I just want him to go now :(

bad times.

Bicks didn't mention anything about Lyon or Liverpool already having decent squads

Houllier supposedly has an excellent knowledge of foreign players and we know that he has worked within French Youth Development for the past few years. In January, who better to add to a squad with great potential? If he can bring in a few French-Fabian Delphs, we'll be laughing).

You do know Houllier was head of the French Youth set up BEFORE he was Liverpool boss (his last job was French Technical Director) and with his extensive knowledge of the french youth then he brought in the likes of Bernard Diomede, Bruno Cheyrou, Anthony Le Tallec, Florent Sinema-Pongole and quite a few more who were absolutely abysmal. He let Wenger sign most of the good ones. Most of the French youth players he knows about are just a bit younger than Robert Pires.

This Houllier and French Youth thing has little evidence to support it and much that says its a big myth

bang on the button bicks,95% of the players he signed at liverpool where all rubbish..he's uselesssnd never should have got the job..

He doesn't have the hunger to succeed anymore that is quite clear. I recently found out that he originally turned us down when we first approached him for the role, and his wife convinced him to come here. I really want him out before he ruins this club completely.

So we don't have decent squad Rob? We had a squad challenging for Top 4 last season, the concern for me is players like Collins, Dunne, Friedel and Warnock have been atrocious this season, not taking them out of the side and replaced with Cuellar is a joke.

He doesn't have the hunger to succeed anymore that is quite clear. I recently found out that he originally turned us down when we first approached him for the role, and his wife convinced him to come here. I really want him out before he ruins this club completely.

How do you know this mate?

I have always supported him but after last night i want him out...how can a defence that was among the PL's best last year suddenly be the worst ??

There seems to be no passion from the players..something is very wrong and for the first time in years iam worried that we might go down..

Yeah, his wife wanted to live in Birmingham to be closer to the Bull Ring.

Don't be ridiculous. Assuming you read the same article I did, Houllier says he was against the idea for a number of family and health related reasons. The bit about his wife is in reference to her knowing full well he wanted to get back into management and he wouldn't be happy otherwise.

I think she said something like, "in your mind, you are already in Birmingham", so she knew what he wanted and gave him her blessing.

Â