Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

I can see it now, if it had of been our night.

Liverpool 1 - Villa 4

" did you see Gh taking the piss and waving to them" "touching the Anfield sign was cool as he had a good time there"

"He certainly left his mark there tonight" "bet they wished they had him back"

" bet they won't wave to him next time"

Can you see it now?

Can you really?

I can honestly say to you - yes

if we had of won you would have seen completely different comments

Liverpool 1 - Villa 4

" did you see Gh taking the piss and waving to them" "touching the Anfield sign was cool as he had a good time there"

If we had won 4-1 he would a hero in my book.

But that always looked highly unlikely - and so it proved.

I am more concerned about the results and slide down the table.

[

If my Aunty had a pair of bollocks she'd be my uncle.

If I'd have picked 4 15 19 44 45 49 as my lottery numbers on Saturday night I'd be a **** millionaire.

You can't live your life based on ifs and what might have beens. We are where we are - 1 win in 10, out the League Cup to that shite down the road, 4th best defence in league from last season now the 4th worst, a manager who has disrespected his own teams supporters. Senior players playing like they don't give a shit or want to play for the manager, piss poor gutless performances becoming all too frequent.

Well, the 'humorous' comments from M.Houllier himself wouldn't have occured, would they?

Nor, probably, would the lack of commitment and poor performance (as I doubt we would have won 4-1 with either of those).

Other than that, people might well have objected less to his apparent callous disregard for the away support but it wouldn't surprise me if some would still have commented (justifiably in my view) on him choosing to appreciate the Liverpool fans and not the Villa fans.

Some might well have reacted how you suggest but it would appear to me that your post was more like a cheap jibe and dig at anyone who may have an issue with how M. Houllier acted.

Indeed, you may as well have been discussing whether your auntie had testicles.

Edit: Mark beat me to it! :P

I cannot honestly say I was overly impressed with his appointment but like many accepted that he was in so he deserved our backing.

I wasnt even thta upset by our poor run because he has had a squad with more key injuries than perhaps we have had put together under MON, but there are worrying signs. We arent winning games, draws or loses yes but we dont seem to be able to win games. Senior players seem to have suddenly become fairly awful and its the kids who are carrying our team.

Aston Villa dont do middle table. We are either top 6 or bottom 6 and we look like a team who will be in the bottom 6 rather than at the top.

Houlier in my opinion is the wrong man at the wrong time and we are in a similar position to Spurs under Ramos, he got the push and Redknapp got the nod and the rest we all know.

Its time for Randy to admit that his first appointment was a poor one. The thought of our current manager signing players worries me, even players like Owen on a free are going to cost us big time in wages and unfortunately like his other signing Pires will do bugger all to help improve our situation.

Liverpool 1 - Villa 4

Can you see it now?

Can you really?

And the award for the 'state the obvious' post of the year goes to.................

Liverpool 1 - Villa 4

Can you see it now?

Can you really?

If we had won 38 games last season we'd have been champions.

We didn't.

Just as Gh's team (or the one he currently manages) didn't win on Monday.

So we'll never fully know what the reaction would have been had we won on Monday because that wasn't the reality. What was the grim, meathook reality of the whole sorry affair was that the manager -after as gutless a team performance as you could possibly wish to see- followed that up with an ode to his former love post match.

I can't think of supporters of any other club tolerating that kind of behaviour so why should we be the exception.

I find it hard to imagine lerner had ever heard of GH to be honest, i blame the moron who proposed him in the first place if we will ever know, should have left him to enjoy his retirement on the Riviera!

I had to post on this as for me there are 3 reasons that we are where we are today.

1. The new incoming regulation regarding all clubs having to operate "within their means".

This i feel was a key factor in RL's "trimming the wage bill" thinking.. & it simply had to happen at some point as it will at all the other clubs.. Interestingly including Man City & Chelsea. This for me is when our youth policy will come to the fore in it's fullness.

2. MON's untimely departure.

This was as close to "sabotage" of a football club as you can get surely?! To leave with a week to go till seasons start was as we all know extremely poor on his part. It was for me utterly unproffesional & a real shame as he had no doubt done a good, though unfinished, job up to that point. What happened who knows but for me having the massive wages on offer for a Premiership manager goes hand in hand with being responsible for ensuring the wellbeing of such a huge institution..

What he did was akin to a grand prix driver bailing out with 5 laps to go & not caring if the car got written off in the resulting crash.

In came Mr Houllier & i feel he knew what he was taking on & felt he could get us through the season with a view to strengthening in January to a point with no doubt plenty of comings & goings in the summer. What nobody could have accounted for however was....

3. 3 years worth of injuries in 6 months.

I really don't see how we can judge GH until the injuries have eased up & he has had some time to instill his methods & sign a few. Problem is we could just possibly be a division lower by then! By my reckoning we need about 7 wins & a couple of draws but it could be a higher points total needed this year to survive & we have a right bunch of hard games upcoming!... I think what many are forgetting is that when these "missing" players come back they will surely not be match fit for a few weeks at least so it may take some time for results to significantly improve?

Worrying....... Very worrying :(

My gut feeling is you can't sack him yet. But he's skating on very thin ice.

I'm not convinced he realises how much he was taking the piss at Anfield.

Originally I said give him until Xmas 2012 before judging him. But if there's no sign of improvement by February, it's time the club admits it made a mistake and moves on.

A team that finished 6th last season should not be in 16th.

MON might not have always applauded the away support but i bet he never **** clapped the home fans.

True. But then he quit 5 days before a season didn't he.

Yes and if the idiots who thought houllier would be a good appointment hadn't closed the bank account we wouldn't be in this current mess.

So they invest £100+ million into the club, both in players/staff and also facilities. Yet you feel a need to call them 'idiots'...

Well looking at our current situation i find it hard to call them smart. Poor decisions in the summer and a poor appointment in houllier have led us to the level of shit we're having to watch at the moment.

If your lucky Randy and co will **** off and we'll get a new owner, perhaps someone like Hicks or Gillet for example, that would be good!

Or perhaps Randy might find that money tree you expect him to find and people will stop giving him shit?

[

If I'd have picked 4 15 19 44 45 49 as my lottery numbers on Saturday night I'd be a **** millionaire.

You can't live your life based on ifs and what might have beens. We are where we are - 1 win in 10, out the League Cup to that shite down the road, 4th best defence in league from last season now the 4th worst, a manager who has disrespected his own teams supporters. Senior players playing like they don't give a shit or want to play for the manager, piss poor gutless performances becoming all too frequent.

didn't see quite the same passion when we went 20 games without a win under O'Neill no injury list and a few more games under his belt than Houllier.

put some perspective in to it mark he's been there 5 minutes... your comments are so selective.

MON might not have always applauded the away support but i bet he never **** clapped the home fans.

True. But then he quit 5 days before a season didn't he.

Yes and if the idiots who thought houllier would be a good appointment hadn't closed the bank account we wouldn't be in this current mess.

So they invest £100+ million into the club, both in players/staff and also facilities. Yet you feel a need to call them 'idiots'...

Well looking at our current situation i find it hard to call them smart. Poor decisions in the summer and a poor appointment in houllier have led us to the level of shit we're having to watch at the moment.

If your lucky Randy and co will **** off and we'll get a new owner, perhaps someone like Hicks or Gillet for example, that would be good!

Or perhaps Randy might find that money tree you expect him to find and people will stop giving him shit?

what sthe point of a money tree, when the manager spunks 100 million up the wall and buys players that only respond to being bawled at.

[

if your aunty had bollocks she would be in the circus.

Â