Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

Don't and never have rated him. But when the board appoint a manager, they gotta stand by that decision and give him a chance. It's as simple as that. As for his actions towards Liverpool, well, I'll let other you girls get your knickers twisted over that.

We've got 22ish points to get from 22 games. With players coming back, stronger squad and easier fixture list back end of the season, I think we have enough in us to get that amount of points.

And yet you say we are in a relegation fight, but you are also positive that we won't get relegated whilst thinking that the manager should go whilst believing that players returning will turn our fortunes whilst pondering yadda, yadda...

You can't see the future so it might be an idea to be less sure of the different futures you appear to be very clear about and less sure that other people's ideas are to be easily dismissed.

Just stating an opinion. We won't get relegated, I'm sure of it.

Doesn't mean we can't get relegated just that I am confident we won't. I can clearly see that relegation is a possibility but I just don't see that happening.

Just like when people say 'Gabby will score today, I'm confident'....doesn't mean they aren't open to the possibility of him not scoring, just means ...well they are confident of him scoring!

Don't and never have rated him. But when the board appoint a manager, they gotta stand by that decision and give him a chance. It's as simple as that. As for his actions towards Liverpool, well, I'll let other you girls get your knickers twisted over that.

Blimey Baz!

Blimey Baz!

what do you mean blimey?? Lol it's true, it's just bollocks. I'll worry about results/performances I don't give much of a shit about owt else.

We've got 22ish points to get from 22 games. With players coming back, stronger squad and easier fixture list back end of the season, I think we have enough in us to get that amount of points.

And yet you say we are in a relegation fight, but you are also positive that we won't get relegated whilst thinking that the manager should go whilst believing that players returning will turn our fortunes whilst pondering yadda, yadda...

You can't see the future so it might be an idea to be less sure of the different futures you appear to be very clear about and less sure that other people's ideas are to be easily dismissed.

Just stating lots of (potentially conflicting) opinions.

Feexed.

Blimey Baz!

what do you mean blimey?? Lol it's true, it's just bollocks. I'll worry about results/performances I don't give much of a shit about owt else.

Do the results/performances worry you?

I can handle losing, and I can handle bad performances, but tonight I saw a manager that has lost the team, and after hearing him post match, I can see why!

Just stating lots of (potentially conflicting) opinions.

Feexed.

What do you mean? Are you saying i'm stating an opinion to gauge a reaction? :?

I'm pretty confident there are many others who think we won't be relegated? :?

Blimey Baz!

Do the results/performances worry you?

I can handle losing, and I can handle bad performances, but tonight I saw a manager that has lost the team, and after hearing him post match, I can see why!

Yes the results/performances are worrying, which is where he should be judged at the end of the season. I think he's upset a few members of the dressing room by publicly lambasting them, poor management IMO. He has the rest of the season to win them over/ship them out.

I'd have loved Jol, never liked GH. But the board made their choice and should rightly stick by it.

I'm simply not interested in his actions, if he came over and kissed our badge and met the away supporters we'd still have lost the game.

Did i want him, no i didn't. Do i want him sacked yet, well no. To be honest we've shown enough in other games what might be in terms of the future, but the last 4 games have been awful. Im sure 60-70% of it is the injuries, but today was unacceptable in terms of an effort and result. He hasn't got us any better at defending corners and our general defensive play have been awful.

Plus the whole loving up to the kop and not acknowledging the away end is very stupid of him to be honest.

I voted yes for one reason only. If you think the squad looks **** up and confused and shell shocked and lack confidence and tentative and pants now - wait until you see them after having FOUR different managers trying to instill in them variations of the style of play all in a single season. Come on, gents. You seriously want yet ANOTHER manager to come in right now? Four since August? You honestly think the squad wants another manager?

Up the Villa!

I was in the give him time camp as my previous posts suggest but being 1 of the 1500 that went, he's got to go. And those saying relegation ain't a possibility, I can see us getting nothing in the next two games, were actually that bad. For a manager not changing the back 4 is schoolboy, then we give them a corner, we then have Clark on Skrtel, instead of Collins. But though we had some banter and outsung the scousers, to not have a manager acknowledge us at the end of a game is diabolical, we pay our hard earned money to watch that shite but instead he wanted to acknowledge crooks in the Kop and god damn is Anfield a dump. General is off site for board meetings but I think the 1500 deserve to know why their manager didn't acknowledge them and then to read the post match comments, I felt sick, when purchasing my tickets through AVFC, couldn't they tell me the thoughts of our manager as Im sure we wouldn't have bothered with supporting them if your not bothered about losing. Also to the Villa fans, I really would refrain from singing Houllier's Claret Blue Army after his lack of respect today, the French FA should have given him a sabbatical! We had one deluded fool run us down and now it looks like another one will take us down. Also to those we won't get relegated, we have the 4th worst defence, when was the last time you seen -10 in our GD column.

The Anfield sign is there to wipe sh** on, nothing more, nothing less.

Get Martin Jol, he left Ajax. Admit the mistake, get it over with sooner rather than later. We will respect the board more the quicker it is.

He will destroy our young players forever if we have a few more months of this.

Ireland does not look like he wants to play football, never mind play for the Villa. How many class passes or tackles has he made playing for us ?

We are in a position where I am sure we are going to lose most games at the moment, the question is by how many.

The squad that MON built was built to play a certain brand of football, change it if you have the quality to get the change through. Otherwise leave it alone until new recruits of quality are available with the will to win and backbone to get the tactical changes from bodymoor to the actual games that matter.

We seem unable to spot during a passage of play that the current bit of play is going up a cul de sac. There is no shame in keeping ball possession and trying another route, this is basic stuff. Liverpool set up last night for a Prem game but in reality it was a training game at best. Even the Liverpool fans were getting bored with our approach play.

Do I think I could pick the tactics / team sheet more effectively at the moment, yes I do actually.

Think defence (including Goalie), can you see them all been bought by Inter Milan or Crewe ? MON knew how to build a defence for his tactics, the are basically useless if you play any other way.

yes, gh is tryingto get the villa playing a slow build up play,undermon we had a high energy in your face style,plain as day mons team carnt play slow,we need a replacement of manager who is a mirror of mon..tony pulis of stoke would suit.

I voted yes for one reason only. If you think the squad looks **** up and confused and shell shocked and lack confidence and tentative and pants now - wait until you see them after having FOUR different managers trying to instill in them variations of the style of play all in a single season. Come on, gents. You seriously want yet ANOTHER manager to come in right now? Four since August? You honestly think the squad wants another manager?

Up the Villa!

It doesn't matter how many managers we have had so far this season if the current one is completely useless and shows no respect to our club or fans. I was defending him and saying give him time but he has been taking our team backwards at an alarming rate. If he can turn it around in the next two games then I guess we can stick with him but if he loses them both I don't want him wasting money in January.

Â