Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

I'm finding it more and more increasingly difficult to defend GH, yes he's inherited a team that isn't his, yes he has had to deal with an enormous injury list... But even with the team we have you expect a point here or there. I don't expect the same back 4 under MON to leak dismal goals, look like we have 4 clowns in defence! I've voted NO, but he needs 3/4 more games to just see whether he is the right man, if he can't steady the ship and fill the cracks that are showing then he has to go. Defended him recently, but after the last few games it isn't possible. The fact we were losing 2-0 and he just sat there for me is inexcusable. I want to see a bit of passion, bit of fire in his belly that will pass over to the players. Borrowed time at the minute mister Houllier.

No, as it has always been a no. I wasn't impressed with how he treated Aston Villa Football Club last night and I have never been impressed with his management for the majority of his managerial career.

Thinking rationally though, I don't see were we would look to if Jol had somewhere else to go. On the other hand, I really don't want Houllier to purchase any players as it the area of his management I have least confidence in and that is after watching some shocking tactical displays. It is also possible that a few wins could turn things around, we go on an unbeaten run etc it all looks rosey. I just cannot see it. Our players have been used to someone who stands on the touchline directing his players and you can only assume that this style is being utilised off the pitch. I've always hated the approach of 'Do-Nothing', its very French.

Voted no.

I said before the small heath game, if we lose the next three games he'll be gone.

We've lost 2 of those 3. Olbiyun I reckon would be the final nail in le coffin

Anyone voting 'yes' clearly doesn't think much of Aston Villa Football Club and its fans being disrespected in such a disgraceful manner.

Get him out NOW! :evil:

I voted yes, it's my opinion.

I'm not happy with what he said or did after the Liverpool game, but I honestly don't think that changing manager again is a good idea.

I'll stick with Houllier, hope for a few good results in the next few weeks and then judge him after he's had a few transfer windows.

Yeah but 1 transfer window rob with him could see us in the championship. why risk it? No transfer window in the world is going to make up for the fact that the majority of players seem totally uninterested

I have said I do not think he is the right man for us right from the start of his reign here and I still do not think he is right. I was told give him time, whll when it isn't right it isn't right no matter how long you give it.

BUT, it is incredibly dangerous changing a manager two or three times in a season, we have done it before and suffered.

If he goes now we cannot afford to make another mistake in the next appointment and it will need to be quick and right , before January and giving the bloke full support in the window.

Lots of people blaming MOn for this (still) time to look at Randy.

agreed!!

has anyone given any thought to what sacking houllier and having a 4th manager for the youngsters in the last 6 months would do to the squad?? we are in a bad spell at the moment but sacking GH at this stage would put the club into turmoil. if he were to be sacked today, i would personally love to give everyone a big fat 'i told you so' when we go down. give the guy a break, give him a transfer window and a fully fit squad then judge him. if by feb 1st where the team are in theory fully fit and hes had a chance to strengthen and we are still playing shite then ill eat humble pie.

Not anymore, was willing to give him time and I've slept on it and still feel the same as last night - his comments and his actions at Anfield were nothing short of unbelievable. So much so that I thought people were joking when they told me. Get rid of him before he turns this club into even more of a laughing stock than it is when we get relegated. We can't afford to get relegated and we definitely can't afford to keep this man who thinks we are a small club, and let him run us into the ground. Under any other manager, Stephen Ireland would be a class player, but Houllier is stopping his development and would rather play someone like Hogg. That's not me saying Hogg is a bad player because I rate him but I would much rather see Ireland starting every week. GH is trying to change the way SI plays and it's just not working and because of this we have lost, what had the potential to be, one of our best players, thanks to GH trying to change him.

Several other factors to this, not just last night, but I won't go into them. If we lose on Saturday I've had enough.

Anyone voting 'yes' clearly doesn't think much of Aston Villa Football Club and its fans being disrespected in such a disgraceful manner.

I'm not happy with what he said or did after the Liverpool game, but I honestly don't think that changing manager again is a good idea.

I'll stick with Houllier, hope for a few good results in the next few weeks and then judge him after he's had a few transfer windows.

Yeah but 1 transfer window rob with him could see us in the championship. why risk it? No transfer window in the world is going to make up for the fact that the majority of players seem totally uninterested

And on the flipside Tom, one transfer window could see him bringing in the ball-playing footballers that he needs to get the side playing the type of football he wants.

The main problem for me, at the moment, is that we're playing a possession game where we build from the back. It's hard to build from the back when your central midfield has no experience, confidence and minimum ability.

How can we build from the back when every move NEEDS to come through Hogg/ Clark/ Bannan?

We're in a bad patch at the moment. But Houllier has a great knowledge of foreign players and, if we stick with him, he could turn it around.

Wouldn't sack him just yet. He's had a run of games and a fair bit of time to assess the squad and figure out what is needed playerwise. When injuries clear up and he hopefully gets a few players in after Christmas things should improve. I'd wait till February and if there's no improvement then fire him. If we replaced him now I really don't think a new man would have enough time to get the required players in, not having worked long anough with the current squad.

If you're going to sack him you've got to do it now or you let him see it through to the end of the season. (and then sack him :D )

A unique set of circumstances and will RL give him any money in January?

If he doesnt then he may walk and its back to square one. (he may walk on Saturday if we get beat)

That touching the anfield sign and not acknowledging our brilliant travelling support has left a bad taste all round.

The main problem for me, at the moment, is that we're playing a possession game where we build from the back. It's hard to build from the back when your central midfield has no experience, confidence and minimum ability.

How can we build from the back when every move NEEDS to come through Hogg/ Clark/ Bannan?

This also pretty worrying for me though. He should have been able to look at the players he has in training and see what game they are capable of playing. If he hasn't yet got the players to play the all out tippy-tappy he wants, he should recognise that and organise us to get results in the short term at least, not just play the system he wants regardless and keep his fingers crossed.

I'd wait till February and if there's no improvement then fire him. If we replaced him now I really don't think a new man would have enough time to get the required players in, not having worked long anough with the current squad.

You say if we replaced him now then there wouldnt be enough time for the new guy to make a difference, yet in the next breath you say you would wait until feb before sacking him if results dont imrove.

He needs to go now. waiting until after the next transfer window would be too late.

A hypothetical question: If Houllier stays until after transfer window, spends 20m on new players and is still in/around relegation zone, would you get rid of him then?

Or would you rather get a new manager in now who could spend that money how he wants to in Jan?

See what im saying? If Ged stays, buys players, and were still shite...the next manager will be left with Geds signings, half of which he probably wont want anyway.

And on the flipside Tom, one transfer window could see him bringing in the ball-playing footballers that he needs to get the side playing the type of football he wants.

We're in a bad patch at the moment. But Houllier has a great knowledge of foreign players and, if we stick with him, he could turn it around.

Totally agree with what your saying regarding possession game, but i dont think thats the main problem.

The main problem for me is that theres an embarrassing lack of effort.

Definatly Tom, but I don't think 'lack of effort' alone is enough to sack someone.

I agree we're embarrassing at the moment and something needs to change. But I think a lot of people are upset and are after Houllier's head because of last nights results and comments (even though for weeks we've been saying that we need to give him time and that we should let him have a transfer window or two).

Definatly Tom, but I don't think 'lack of effort' alone is enough to sack someone.

I agree we're embarrassing at the moment and something needs to change. But I think a lot of people are upset and are after Houllier's head because of last nights results and comments (even though for weeks we've been saying that we need to give him time and that we should let him have a transfer window or two).

Yes it is, it means he's lost the players, they won't jump through hoops for him, they are going through the motions, they don't respect him. It's rare you even see them interact with him, they interact with his staff but rarely him.

I was prepared to back gim. But, I'm starting to lose it a little now. Just the thought of a relegation battle scares the shit out of me. We've not got the players for it. I'm worried, more than I've ever been.

how long does someone need to install a bit of desire - passion and belief?

Â