Snow Watch!

trekka

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know what it's like at Birmingham Airport? My mum's due to fly back this evening, and if she stays one more night i'm tempted to strangle her.

All flights cancelled until new year Risso :winkold: Give her a blanket and flask of tea and leave at departures with a clear conscience :winkold:

I am going to attempt to drive home today from Gt Barr, hoping once I get on M6 heading North it won't be too bad!

My Mum thinks that she heard on WM that B'ham & Sandwell gritting teams are on a go slow, due to a pay dispute, which may explain the state of the roads round here.

Took me forever to get into the city centre yesterday, and on the way back I almost ran out of petrol and what with the dodgy roads and my car hating this weather I didn't wanna risk going to the petrol station as well.

Now i'm stuck inside. Gutted. Kinda.

Getting quite heavy here now. The forecast looks like it could be chaos down here tomorrow morning - I may have to work from home smiliz34.gif.

On another note, I'm getting slightly concerned that I'll be buggered when I make my trip upto Brum on 23rd/24th. If it hits the A34, it will be impossible! My poor Aygo won't be able to do it :( So if you find me on here Christmas Day, it means I'm down here by myself, bored, lonely and likely very drunk (because of the 15 year old brandy I've wrapped up for the old man).

I always thought you grew up in Wales Bickster.

Yes, that's where he got that horrendous scouse accent ;-)

:)

I know he lives up there now, but I thought he said he was brought up in Wales.

Brought up in Gt Barr but being from an entirely Welsh family I did spend just about every school holiday and every third weekend in South Wales, So I suppose I kinda grew up in both places at the same time

I always thought you grew up in Wales Bickster.

Yes, that's where he got that horrendous scouse accent ;-)

I know he lives up there now, but I thought he said he was brought up in Wales.

Brought up in Gt Barr but being from an entirely Welsh family I did spend just about every school holiday and every third weekend in South Wales, So I suppose I kinda grew up in both places at the same time

That explains a few things. My Dad's from South Wales as well, I know what you lot are like ;)

Getting quite heavy here now. The forecast looks like it could be chaos down here tomorrow morning - I may have to work from home smiliz34.gif.

On another note, I'm getting slightly concerned that I'll be buggered when I make my trip upto Brum on 23rd/24th. If it hits the A34, it will be impossible! My poor Aygo won't be able to do it :( So if you find me on here Christmas Day, it means I'm down here by myself, bored, lonely and likely very drunk (because of the 15 year old brandy I've wrapped up for the old man).

Was supposed to be in Hursley and Southampton tomorrow for a few days - from what you saying Trekka may be a problem getting there?

Was supposed to be in Hursley and Southampton tomorrow for a few days - from what you saying Trekka may be a problem getting there?

From what I can tell, Southampton never had anything today. BUT! weather forecast seems to think that we'll get snow coming in from the west (as to when it will hit Southampton, methinks it is probably the afternoon).

Conditions aren't too bad at all down here at the mo - expecting a bit today but looks like we've evaded the worst of it

-19 here in Tewkes, not risking my car, probably would struggle to get out, and the bus doesn't turn up at all.... Meaning I'm stuck at the bus stop shivering wondering how long before I should give up and trudge half a mile home.

Are we expecting any more for Brum today?

I'm trying to decide whether to walk or drive to work.

I would keep an eye on Rain Today. There's a big clump on its way up! I would say drive but when that big blob gets closer (if it does) - home time!

Â