Snow Watch!

trekka

Very snowy in Evesham. As bad as last January I think.

12 inches here in Norton and still going.....walked into town and back earlier - won't be doing that again in a hurry!

I just measured 8 inches in my garden (of snow, of course ;)) in a sheltered part by the back door, but I think we've got 12 inches in the main.

The bird boxes have about a foot and half of snow stacked on them. Neighbours car has just been towed back by a John Deere too.

I'm gonna make me an igloo later.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still hasn't stopped in B37 - just drove up to Post Office Collection centre and the roads are a **** disgrace - what happened to the gritters???

pabdmaadi.jpg

snow002jpg1a95.jpg

snow003jpgqnt7.jpg

Feckin shite weather

This is CV10, click the thumbnails for full size:

jj2Xgl.jpg

(view from the back of the house)

kkXRml.jpg

(and the front)

I might be exaggerating when I say its an inch deep, its probably half an inch at the most. It's really coming down now though, and its settling. It could be very deep by tomorrow morning if it doesnt stop.

I live in a cul de sac at the top of quite a steep hill and the stretch of road directly outside my house is in a bit of a dip. It will be black ice city out there at the moment, good job I dont plan on driving anywhere soon!

Here in Lickey End (between Bromsgrove and the Lickey Hills) we've got between 20 and 25 cm (8 to 10 inches, in old money) and over 40cm in corner drifts. It took a Peugeot 206 5 minutes to get past our house at 10 am when there was less than 10 cm. Nothing has come past in over 5 hours since! The forecast is more snow and no thaw for days so I'm glad we are stocked up with food and alcohol! The kids are having a great time outside and I'm on VT whilst watching Top Gear on Dave and looking forward to a great night 'in'. Happy days! :wink:

I expect some of our North American and Scandinavian VTers are having a chuckle at what we regard as heavy snowfall.

Yeah my friends cousin is over from Calgary and i've had enough of her saying 'you call that snow?' 'It's not that cold'. Etc.

Anyway, got about 6 inches here, i'll measure the snow soon, wahey!

Â