Snow Watch!

trekka

so much contradiction in weather reports, whens the next lot due in Brum?

I work in Redditch so got to work from home/bed today :lol:

Ona seperate note has anybody actually saw a gritter lorry using its plough yet?

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so much contradiction in weather reports, whens the next lot due in Brum?

I work in Redditch so got to work from home/bed today :lol:

Ona seperate note has anybody actually saw a gritter lorry using its plough yet?

Saw a plough on the A435 Saturday.

From what I've read, no snow in the West Mids till Wednesday.

yeah BBC says no snow in kiddy / worcester / wolves / brum for a couple of days, yet the radio reported it as coming this afternoon, a couple of dodgy looking sites say its coming and our sites in bristol closed this morning and now our site in gloucester has just gone suggesting its coming north

We have to make up any time we miss or take it as holiday

That'd soon have everyone magically making it in!

Or it might well have many people trying to make journeys which they really shouldn't be trying to make, causing many more problems on the roads, stretching further (already overstretched) emergency services and roadside assistance, &c.

Or it might well have many people trying to make journeys which they really shouldn't be trying to make, causing many more problems on the roads, stretching further (already overstretched) emergency services and roadside assistance, &c.

Indeed it might!

I guess if you genuinely can't get in to work (and can't work from home) then it's a fairly reasonable stance for a company to take, and those that can't get in have to make the time up or take it as hols as they see fit. For those that just view the snow as a chance for a free jolly (which is a sgreat many IMO) it will makenthem think otherwise.

I really don't think we're living in the antarctic (yet!).

Surprised Houllier has not introduced this into training tbh

:clap:

superb Sir.

I guess if you genuinely can't get in to work (and can't work from home) then it's a fairly reasonable stance for a company to take...

Not to me. Taking that attitude about your workforce, in my view, is symptomatic of being a poor employer (along the same kind of lines as the unpaid first 3 days sick, no internet access, no 'non work' chat, clocking in/out to go to the bog, &c.).

A lot of people cannot afford to go unpaid (and therefore might well try and make journeys which they simply couldn't do), for example.

It might well do something for those who look at it as a chance for a 'free jolly' but should those who do not look at it in that way be penalized?

Not snowing in worcester...

It's absolutely tanking it down over here, now. I'd say it's dumped a couple of inches in the last half an hour.

Right, I'm off out to the shops before everyone buys everything (no, I'm not going out to buy the shop up, just for a bag of spuds and a loaf - fat chance for the latter).

A lot of people cannot afford to go unpaid

they wouldn't be?! :?

They'd either make it into work, work the time up, or take it as holiday (ie paid leave). Using the example from the previous page.

I've not heard talk of unpaid leave on here, and I would not be in favour of that at all.

EDIT: ooops - just read Si's post on previous page. That's not good. :twisted:

Not snowing in worcester, everyone at my place has made it in today. We have to make up any time we miss or take it as holiday, what are other peoples arrangements

some of our staff live locally and walk in but those that live to far away we give them the day off ..it's duty of care as much as anything , no way we are going to force people in if conditions are bad

depends on your company but our staff know we are fair with them and don't take the piss

A lot of people cannot afford to go unpaid

they wouldn't be?! :?

They'd either make it into work, work the time up, or take it as holiday (ie paid leave). Using the example from the previous page.

I've not heard talk of unpaid leave on here, and I would not be in favour of that at all.

EDIT: ooops - just read Si's post on previous page. That's not good. :twisted:

Apart from Si's position, what if you had no holiday left (surely not an unlikely position in the middle of december if the holiday year was a calendar one)?

'Work the time up'? Would one be allowed to nett it off against any unpaid overtime already done?

Â