Snow Watch!

trekka

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They cancelled my flight to Birmingham on Friday, not seeing any of my family now.

Not seen them for over 6 months and can't even give them the presents I got.

KLM are just French words removed, some flights were going on Friday from Schipol but they cancelled mine. They were flying over my house so i know they were taking off.

I wonder if I will get my ticket money back from the thieves that are Airlines.

The roads around B36 & B37 are a **** nightmare, council have done **** all it seems.

Yet I drove over to Lichfield yesterday and the roads were snow and ice free

The roads around B36 & B37 are a **** nightmare, council have done **** all it seems.

Yet I drove over to Lichfield yesterday and the roads were snow and ice free

Gritting the roads in these conditions is absolutely pointless tbh

When you add salt to water in the ratio of 1 part salt to 10 parts water, the freezing point of water becomes minus 6 degrees celcius. Even achieving a 1 in 10 ratio is hard by gritting the roads, normally it can only get the freezing point down to minus 4, given that up here and in Brum we've been having temperatures in the minus 15 to minus 20 range even a ratio of 1 part salt to 5 parts water (20% salt solution) wouldn't be effective, that only drops the freezing point to minus 16.

First time i've ever been prevented from getting to work due to snow!!!!

2hrs to make a 1.5mile trip up the A38 and back!

1.5 miles? Why not just walk?

I work 20 miles away - the 1.5miles was all that I could do this morning!!!

Ahh, gotcha.

I live in Warwick and supposed to be travelling on the train up north to Wakefield for Christmas on Thursday, just keeping my fingers crossed the snow keeps away as I have no back up plan so would be a very shite Christmas with just me and the missus.

I live in Halesowen and work up on the Waterfront in Brierley Hill and I just want to add that the council are an absolute disgrace. Traveling down the Stourbridge Road today (A458) there doesnt appear to have been any attempt to plow or grit (not that with the level of snow gritting is any good) at all! There were cars and lorries sliding everywhere and I can honestly say that i've never experienced anything like this in my life.

I'd also like to add that we have some serious morons living in the country. Travelling at 20 miles an hour with a white van right up your arse constantly trying to pull our and overtake is, quite frankly, pathetic. Also, whats with the people in 4x4s? do any of you have ANY common sense at all??? just because you CAN drive at the normal speed, others can't! Understand? Your vehicles extra abilities don't give you the right to put my life in danger, GROW THE **** UP!!

Also can I add that as half the people in my work phoned in "sick" today (whatever!) i don't know why the responsible people in life should do the extra work so the lazy **** who can't be bothered to make an effort can sit by the fire...**** YOU!!

Rant Over..Peace!

Â