• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 78)
    • Lichaj (for Albrighton 88)
    • Herd (for Hogg 90)

Im very proud of the team today. We played some great football and played our hearts out.

The more i see of the team the more i think the injuries are a blessing in disguise as it has made us use these youngsters and stick with them for a few games,giving us and the manager a chance to see what they can do and how they handle football at this level and giving them valuable experience.

The emergence of Albrighton, Clark and Bannan is a HUGE positive for us and these 3 players with the addition of Delph are definately going to be first teamers permanently in the near future.

Were playing better football, We have got some fantastic attacking players coming through our ranks. We are in a good position going forward...

Just got back, proud of the lads after that display.

No doubt they'll be sick as **** that they never won.

Oh and why did Ash get booked and Vidic didn't?

Also in the "It Says It All" news, Manyure fans had a flag that said "We are Man Utd- We Do What We want"

Arrogant cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunts

Just got back, proud of the lads after that display.

No doubt they'll be sick as **** that they never won.

Oh and why did Ash get booked and Vidic didn't?

Also in the "It Says It All" news, Manyure fans had a flag that said "We are Man Utd- We Do What We want"

Arrogant cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunts

thats cockneys for you

Very pleased and proud with the performance of the team.

For 80 minutes we had the better of Man United despite us having so many youngsters.

Albrighton man of the match for me. He is superb! What a player we have on our hands there!

I've never seen us create that many chances against Man U so brilliant to see.

Brown should have been sent off. How was that not a goal scoring chance!

Vidic should have been sent off. One rule for Young and one for Vidic.

Lucky United.

I'm immensely proud of the whole team. Bossed Man Utd for 80mins and should've won. But that's football.

Friedel - 7: Great save at the end to maintain a point, and consistent as ever.

L. Young - 7: Had a great and extremely committed game. Him and Warnock throwing themselves into challenges was a delight. There is, however, a case to be made for him closing down the cross for Utd's equaliser quicker. But a fine game.

Warnock - 8: Defensive MOTM. He was fantastic in stopping Utd down the left, crunching into tackle after tackle and getting forward when he could. Very heartening.

Dunne and Collins - 7: I'm rating both together because they are literally a pair. Both make absolutely baffling mistakes (Collins giving the ball away and totally out of position for Berbatov chance in 1st half; Dunne's unbelivably poor control in the first half almost gifting a goal) but they also give nothing but serious commitment and in the second half were magnificent. Anyone blaming them for the two goals are totally wrong IMO - Hogg and Bannan, as well as they played, didn't offer much protection from the midfielders that pushed forward. Considering recent performances, this was incredibly encouraging stuff. Keep improving please guys, this was more like it.

Hogg - 6.5: Had a fine debut in many way, though I don't think he had the physicality or mobility to really protect the back four the way required. Man Utd were largely content to sit deep but whenever they sprung through the middle they often went unchallenged. Having said that, his harrying and energy was magnificent and today would have given him a lot of confidence. Well played.

Bannan - 7: I don't think he has the physical presence to play CM. But, my word, on the ball he's fantastic. That pass to Downing was just brilliant.

Albrighton - 8: Evra will be having nightmares for weeks about the kid - he destroyed one of the best left backs in the world today. Sure, could've scored a couple and is still a tad rash into challenges. But great performance.

Downing - 9: What a season he's having. Brilliant today. Wes Brown got a roasting, on another day he would've scored a hat-trick.

A.Young - 6.5: Not convinced he can play through the middle but he is nothing but committed. Plus his link up play with Gabby in the second half was magnificent and he converted the peno with aplomb.

Gabby - 7: Brilliant return and showed just how much we've missed him. Vidic just can't handle him, it's so fun to watch. A bit more fitness and we'll be looking forward to him back to his best.

Great performance, so unlucky. It's difficult to criticise even if we're feeling understandably gutted. I'd feel particularly people should lay of the CB's who were largely excellent today, playing behind a young and fairly unphysical pairing. Well done. UTV.

I'm not ashamed to be wearing this Villa shirt right now, so so so so proud of our kids battering United to be cost by defensive mistakes - if macheda hadn't scored then, I reckon we would have won 2-0. Saying that with a ref who isn't corrupt we would have won easily.

There were many aspects of this game that were so, so encouraging, for us.

moving forward we do have to learn the art of retaining the ball & being aware of danger looming in order to achieve our dreams.

Great victory over Manure today. Nice to see the sad Manure fans faces at the end.

???

From where I was sitting the rocket polishers looked ecstatic at getting a point

Lets face it, most of us would have taken a draw before kick off, it just felt like a defeat at the end.

The second half performance was superb, Downing outstanding, Albrighton not far behind - although he should have buried the header.

You just knew the Manc tossers would get another once that knobhead Macheda scored. Special mention to the ref: you sir, are a word removed.

I felt like a proud father today watching them kids out there as they tore manure a new arse, it really was a pleasure to watch!

Downing was great but the performances of Bamnan and Albrighton were fantastic! I had a die hard manure season ticket holder (from Glasgow lol) ring me and say that that he was gutted for us and the kids! He said that we by far deserved that win.

The ref was bias beyond belief it has to be mentioned, from the ball being kicked into the stands with no punishment to stupid free kicks given to them and not being given to us, the penalty was a sending off without a doubt too.

I heard all the moaning about late goals on my way out but I was just smiling as I had seen the future of Aston Villa. Midfield was brilliant!

The comments of a united fan:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A76968148

"Great second half of football at todays game. I honestly think, as a United fan, we didn't deserve to even draw, Villa should be walking away with three points, but that's football!

Berbatov and Nani (until the last 15 minutes) were awful today, worst performance I've ever seen from players in United shirts. Obertan and Macheda really changed the game when they came on, great finish from Macheda for the first goal, lets hope he can do that more often.

I feel honestly so sorry for Villa, you guys completely dominated the game today and should of won it, it looks like you have some great youth players coming through so there is a bright side to today for you guys."

They are not all bad (well maybe not!)

The comments of a united fan:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A76968148

"Great second half of football at todays game. I honestly think, as a United fan, we didn't deserve to even draw, Villa should be walking away with three points, but that's football!

Berbatov and Nani (until the last 15 minutes) were awful today, worst performance I've ever seen from players in United shirts. Obertan and Macheda really changed the game when they came on, great finish from Macheda for the first goal, lets hope he can do that more often.

I feel honestly so sorry for Villa, you guys completely dominated the game today and should have won it, it looks like you have some great youth players coming through so there is a bright side to today for you guys."

They are not all bad (well maybe not!)

The performance of the kids must be a massive plus for us.

Proud of the lads. The youngsters , everything. Football is not fair, We deserved to win it. We hit the bar twice wityhin 5 minutes , battered them all second half.

BRAVE.

Sums up exactly how I feel.

Downing's performance today was absolute quality. Capello surely must have been impressed.

Nice to hear Merson saying on Gillette Sports Saturday that we are the best club anywhere at bringing youngsters through.

Brilliant! :D

Can't wait to see Delph and Bannan in the middle of the park! We have a great core to our side! I was really proud and just hope we take this on, when I seen that lineup I really did fear the worst, oh and Robert Duverne, Albrighton done Evra many times over for you today!

Â