• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 78)
    • Lichaj (for Albrighton 88)
    • Herd (for Hogg 90)

We stopped them playing in midfield, our defence gave them very few chances and our pace up top gave them plenty to worry about. Really attacked their full backs second half instead of just getting early crosses in which gave them far more problems.

Downing MOTM, also i think Warnock had a great game up against Nani

Dissapointing in the end but a great point nevertheless

Agree with the majority here giving Downing MOTM, fantastic performance by the DJ and so pleased for the lad who has taken great strides forward from last season (as some of us predicted in the summer I might add :D )

Oh, and the kids were great, the future really is bright!

:cheers::flag:

Apart from on the pitch it was the bench that was equally telling that injuries have really hit bad. They could call on players who played fairly regularly whereas we could not, and Macheda did score.

For Vidic's celebrations it's hard to decide. Brown was definitely on Vidic's back. Can't see whether it was Vidic who walked into the crowd with Brown on his back or Brown pushing Vidic into the crowd while hugging his back, since the camera didn't shoot their legs. :lol:

But as we all know, any excuse that referees can use to show leniency Man Utd, they will. See Nani and Brown incidents.

The Hernandez incident was a pure and plain bending of the rules and the worst of the refereeing decisions IMO.

Overall it was a indeed a great match and we performed fantastically and exceeded expectations. Before the match I thought a draw would have been a decent result but as the match turned out, we very nearly won and a draw was actually a disappointment in the end!

Tell you what - I'm f'n well proud of the boys today. At the end of the day they showed what they're capable of, it's up to Houllier to add the steel to the defensive side of things.
I agree. This is probably the proudest I've been of the team all season despite the fact that we ended up drawing after going 2-0 up. Something about the performance today and seeing it first hand really made me proud and optimistic for the future.

Downing MOTM, **** brilliant performance. Albrighton was fantastic too, we have such a good player on our hands here.

So proud of them today, of course man united got the two late goals but we played so well. slightly concerned that Dunne and Collins looked very shaky but apart from that we played brilliantly to a man. Nice to see Gabby back too, gave Vidic a **** nightmare.

They should have had a few sendings off and any other team would have done, very biased reffing.

Shame we didnt win but we can only be proud of an awesome performace.

Tell you what, when Marc Albrighton develops a little more composure in front of goal he will be a lethal player. Should have had a hat-trick today.

Can't wait to see the celebrations when Bannan gets his first PL goal too, reckon he will go off his nut.

I can't bring myself to calculate the amount of points we've lost in the last five minutes of games or points we've lost from winning positions. Would make me wince I'm sure.

I can't bring myself to calculate the amount of points we've lost in the last five minutes of games or points we've lost from winning positions. Would make me wince I'm sure.

Late goals wise...last 10 minutes..

We've made 2 points from Stoke game.

Lost...

1 (Stoke)

2 (Man United)

2 (Fulham)

So to be fair, although it seems like more, it's only been 3 points, still annoying but not THAT bad.

From winning positions, It's been...

Those 3 as mentioned but Stoke (3), Tottenham 3, Bolton 2 and considering we were leading in the Wolves game.

That'd make it 12 points dropped from winning positions.

If you'd told me at the start of the game that it would be a draw, I'd have been happy.

Trying not to get too disappointed at the fact we threw two points away.

Great performance from the kids. Super stuff.

Downing was fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.

Albrighton was great. Young did not have a good first half, but he did what he needed to do for the two goals. Bannan looks great. Defence was generally good.

... but, by golly, we should have held on. 11 minutes to go and 2-0 up.

Such is life.

I think that pretty much sums up my feelings. I'm trying very hard to focus on the positives.

Great display from the villa boys and we can all say that villa deserved to win that match. For once in a long time man u celebrated like they had won the F A cup at the end and that has not been seen for years.This team is playing with flair and imagination and is a pleasure to watch, add some clinical finishing to that and we can only move forward. It is a time to praise the boys and support them as we now have the potential to be a decent team playing good football, " come on you villa boys "

Â