• Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 78)
    • Lichaj (for Albrighton 88)
    • Herd (for Hogg 90)

Don't forget Vidic. He should have had a second for celebrating with the crowd

didn't he get one for that? Was he booked before then?

If he didn't get booked and considering that Young did then that again proves what a bent ref we had out there today

If he didn't get booked and considering that Young did then that again proves what a bent ref we had out there today

No he was booked for dissent around the time Young scored

Superb battling performance. On the whole good shape and the kids did well. GH got the tactics and the subs pretty much spot on.

Still worry about Dunne falling asleep though

As for the ref he proved again that there is a 100% favouritism clause towards Man Utd. Both Nani and Brown should have been sent off.

And perhaps, according to Sky so should Vidic

That's what we can do with Gabby in the side.

We got started crapping ourselves at 2-0 as soon as they got around our area.

Albrighton just fantastic.

Bannan is now free of any nerves whatsoever and looks a really positive attacking player.

Hogg did a "Sidwell".

If we can get that defence sorted I really like what we've got.

Superb battling performance. On the whole good shape and the kids did well. GH got the tactics and the subs pretty much spot on.

Still worry about Dunne falling asleep though

As for the ref he proved again that there is a 100% favouritism clause towards Man Utd. Both Nani and Brown should have been sent off.

And perhaps, according to Sky so should Vidic

And Hernandez for a second yellow..

well Sky have just proven the bias of the ref's - claiming now that Vidic was "pushed" into the crowd. Absolutely disgraceful

But Villa just have to try and beat 15 men it seems and blimey we nearly did

That is **** disgusting. So that's 3 possible red cards for United?!

We had a solid first half and finished it the stronger team, although they had the best chance of that half in the way of Berbatov.

Around the middle of the second half we really went up a gear and and looked like a proper formidable team, with lovely link up play and great determination. But then in the last 10 minutes we seemed to lose all confidence and we sold it. Hard to know how to feel about that; if it was an 80 minute game you'd have to say it was a stellar performance, but you can't ignore the importance of being able to close a game out, which we don't seem to be able to do for love nor money. With the players available, though, I guess you have to forgive it.

Downing MotM for me. He's really driving our team atm, his crossing and running is immense, and he's not afraid to take a shot either. He's even looking much less one-footed than he seemed to last season. We should have had another goal through Albrighton thanks to Downing's crossing.

Fair play to Young also for a great contribution and a well struck pen. Like Gabby, he was anonymous for stretches, but their joint contribution opened the scoring for us. Albrighton took his goal well and looked lively, despite the earlier miss.

L. Young and Warnock deserve credit for taking Nani and Hernandez out of the game for the most part. Dunne and Collins didn't have as bad a game as they did against Blackpool, but they're still not playing in a way that inspires confidence. Collins looks more useful in their area than he does in ours.

I'm sure the majority of us thought we were in for a spanking today

to sit here now feeling gutted we didn't win I guess is testament to how well the youngsters battled

to be fair their first goal was a great strike rather than down to us , guess that goal gave them the momentum whilst deflating us .. (though when Bannan tackled him Fletcher did control the ball with his hand in the build up so a free kick there and maybe the goal woudln't have come , ok clutching now :-) )

Think we can be proud today and I look forward to the MOTD wankfest over Albrighton rather than a Man U player

yet another Man U game though where the ref has to be the talking point as much as anything .. Nani was a clear red , Wes Brown possibly a red as well if you apply the law ..

That was a great game to watch, I think for the most part we were really, really good and it bodes well for the future.

I'm obviously incredibly disappointed we didn't win having gone two up but in the greater scheme of things it's a small thing. We have **** up like that for years against much lesser teams than Utd and I surely would have taken a point at 2:59 today.

I loved the way we played today and think that when Houllier and his team make the changes they know need to be made with new arrivals coupled with the bringing on of our fantastic youth we'll really push on.

Â