• Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 78)
    • Lichaj (for Albrighton 88)
    • Herd (for Hogg 90)

Anyone else see fletcher fake it throwing the ball in a fans face

clearing in the woods

Yeah. Thought that was quite funny myself. Nice touch from the Fletch. :P

And then he taunted the fan when they scored.

nice touch. Scottish clearing in the woods.

Despite the result an exceellent performance (bar the last 15 minutes or so). It's thoroughly disheartening to throw away a two goal lead but I was half expecting it. Manure have got to be the luckiest club around - I'm not just talking about this game, but the large majority of games this season where they've somehow maneged to sneak a draw or a win.

Hopefully we can go forward with that performance. Really proud of everybody.

Anyone else see fletcher fake it throwing the ball in a fans face

clearing in the woods

Yeah. Thought that was quite funny myself. Nice touch from the Fletch. :P

And then he taunted the fan when they scored. nice touch. Scottish clearing in the woods.

The same one? He's got a good memory for a face in a crowd, Mr Fletcher! :mrgreen:

Still, a dirty w*nker with limited ability.

I haven't read the thread, but my take.

Regardless of the result, had we lost, I am incredibly proud. Manure fielded a team that most outside the so called 'big 4' would be pleased as their regular starting line up, and our kids in the middle of the park gave them a real game.

I was proud of the team today and proud to be a Villa fan. Great game, and on another day.....

If it was the regulars playing, the result would sting, but seeing as it was team full of kids, it's a pretty good result. Good experience for them, and a point against Man U under any circumstances is nothing to scoff at.

Thoroughly enjoyed today's game and a fantastic result given the team and the opposition.

Friedel - 7 - good performance but had little to do until the last 10 minutes and little he could do with either goal.

L Young - 7 - strong and got forward well

Dunne - 6 - still losing concentration on occasion but relatively solid

Collins - 6 - as for Dunne

Warnock - 8 - best game for him in ages

Albrighton - 8.5 - worked really hard, up and down, and mullered one of the best LBs in the world

Bannan - 8 - Very good. Tires a bit towards the end but not surprising given his limited experience at this level

Hogg - 6 - Not sure. Anonymous at times but that is the nature of his role. Probably a very good back up player for us as we go forward?

Downing - 9.5 - MOTM and definitely our main threat all game. I would really like to see him switching with Ash more often and taking a central position as he seems to have found his shooting boots and Ash would provide a different challenge for the full back

Ash - 7 - Not his best game but always capable of doing something as for the penalty.

Gabby - 8 - a real handful and you can see that he upsets CBs and creates space for others. If Ferdinand had been properly penalised for his fouls on Gabby (will that ever happen to a Man U player?) he would have found himself with a lot more space as well.

Ged - 9 - top man. Little options with the bench and probably had to give Gab a break and possibly Albie playing the amount of games he is.

Ref - TOSSER - Brown and Nani should definitely have gone. Ferdinand got away with murder against Gabby - pushing every time.

What happened with Clark as I didn't see any news pre-game? I assume SI had the flu as was released pre-game. I hope we can get Clark or Coker back for the Blackburn game as we will need more physicality in there against them.

What happened with Clark as I didn't see any news pre-game? I assume SI had the flu as was released pre-game. I hope we can get Clark or Coker back for the Blackburn game as we will need more physicality in there against them.

Pulled his calf I think, not sure when it happened though as Hogg was announced as a starter quite a while before kick off.

A win away at Blackburn, and then a win (!) over Arsenal would be excellent. That would see us as definite challengers for 6th (or even 4th!) this year.

No chance of us challenging 4th, even 6th will be a struggle as Liverpool will undoubtedly find their form. Unless Houllier gets in some quality players in January (at the very least a decent striker), which is difficult as nobody wants to sell their players at that time, we'll be looking at 7th or 8th.

Brilliant all round performance, shame we didn't hold them out at the end, we deserved too. Downing was near unplayable, Albie was top notch. Shame Gabby had to go off although its not entirely unexpected considering the amount of time he has been out, it let their defence off the hook a bit. Ref was shite too. Not sure why we sat back so much because as soon as you let your intensity drop against them, they will score against you.

Top Class performance, credit to GH who had the kids believing in themselves, no mean feat against Man U. But did those saying it was the best for years go to many games in the last 5 years ?

What a difference Gabby makes, kept them totally occupied at the back, really showed when he went off.

Downing excellent.

If we play like that more often than not we will finish where we should, top 6.

Â