• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 78)
    • Lichaj (for Albrighton 88)
    • Herd (for Hogg 90)

Yesterday's game must be divided into two parts imo, before Delfouneso (BD) and after Delfouneso (AD)

BD we were asphalting Manu and deserved to win 3-0.

AD we have been overwhelmed, Nathan wasn't able either to hold the squad high, either to defend (poor opposition on Nani's cross) and to engage Vidic (who scored the goal).

Awful.

Archie - what does this mean?

asphalting?

squad high?

Are you blaming Delfouneso for not blocking cross AND not being on end of said cross to stop header?

I'm obviously too old to get down with the kids!

Two days gone and I still don't know what to make of that game. Great for 80 minutes and then disappointment. But I'm very proud of our boys that were out there. But manure are manure and it doesn't help that we're Villa who haven't won against them in 15 years. I think that's clearly in the players heads when we went 2-0 up. They were clearly getting nervous and just thought about holding on to the lead too much, instead of just trying to keep on playing like they had for the majority of the 2nd half.

But overall they had a great game. Bannan motm for me, but Albrighton and Downing were not far behind. It's hard to pick a motm in a game like this. But I was really impressed by Bannan. Did anyone else see when he screamed at Delfouneso for not giving the ball to Lichaj quick enough? Ok, maybe not a good thing that a Villa player yells at another as such, but to me it showed his determination and will to win, and not really caring about the others ego. I think Delf wanted too much to be a hero that time.

I was also impressed with Hoggs determination and lack of respect for the players he was up against. Yes, he gave the ball away too many times, but he was always in for a tackle and gave them no respect. I like that from a young player. A little like Gardner when he cut Figo off by half when we played against Inter a few years ago.

The ref? The less said the better. But was I the only one who felt that the ref wouldn't have called the game off in that situation had it been in the other end. Lichaj were about to make a cross and then the ref blows in his whistle. It's very rare for a ref to call off the game when there's a chance for a team to score.

All in all, very pleased and overly happy that I was at the game. The atmosphere in the 2nd half was great, untill Macheda scored. That goal came too early. I knew when it came that we wouldn't hold out. but then again, had Downing been a little bit more lucky he could've made it 3-1 with his shot over the bar, and then I think the game would've been over.

The future sure looks bright.

I'm a bit late to this party but I have to say I'm gobsmacked that Gabby only got 1% (currently) of the vote. He was immense, he absolutely battered Rio & Vidic and Ash is twice the player when he is around.

It was no coincidence that after Gab went off they got back into it, the pressure stopped on their defence, although I think fatigue played a big part too.

I'm a bit late to this party but I have to say I'm gobsmacked that Gabby only got 1% (currently) of the vote. He was immense, he absolutely battered Rio & Vidic and Ash is twice the player when he is around.

It was no coincidence that after Gab went off they got back into it, the pressure stopped on their defence, although I think fatigue played a big part too.

Fair point, but there were three or four out there that could have been MOTM. Gab did a lot of hard work and had Rio and Vidic petrified - if the ref had grown a pair and blown up Ferdinand every time he had his hands all over Gab then he would have had more success I think.

Didnt derserve to get beat unlucky not to have won

Played really well 2nd half 1 or 2 ran there oscks off like Bannan

Can never write Man Utd off though but unlucky need to shud up shop at the back to many goals

Well done lads

Â