Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have almost £40m burning a hole in their pocket - £15m for Ireland?

If its the country, then yes.

The player?

Nah, and besides, Ashley will collar most of that cash.

or £4m and José Enrique

they have almost £40m burning a hole in their pocket - £15m for Ireland?

If its the country, then yes.

The player?

Nah, and besides, Ashley will collar most of that cash.

or £4m and José Enrique

Yes please!!! :D

If we do manage to get shut of him I don't think anybody will be willing to pay more than £4m for him, not even Newcastle.

Then there is the problem of wages. Who will be willing to pay £65k per week? Villa will probably have to pay him off like Man City did, although he did break his confidentiality clause.

Has any club ever wasted more money than Villa? Collymore, Curciic, Balaban, Alpay, Harewood, Shorey, Cascarino and now Ireland.

If we can use Ireland to get Enrique, and Young to get Walker, I think it would be a fantastic piece of business. We are going to lose Young regardless so we might as well use them as bait to get players we need in other areas of the pitch.

Wouldnt mind seeing a back 4 of:

Enrique-------Clark-------Cuellar--------Walker

Next year.

Defence is certainly the area that needs strengthening.

If we can use Ireland to get Enrique, and Young to get Walker, I think it would be a fantastic piece of business. We are going to lose Young regardless so we might as well use them as bait to get players we need in other areas of the pitch.

Wouldnt mind seeing a back 4 of:

Enrique-------Clark-------Cuellar--------Walker

Next year.

Defence is certainly the area that needs strengthening.

Agree, but Cuellar isnt the right player to partner Clark imo, he should be rotation/bench at best. Would be great to get Enrique but dont see it happening... Newcastle have a very good chance of building something decent aslong as Ashley doesn't **** it up again.

or £4m and José Enrique

I'd be happy with just the latter.

I'd be happy with Enrique for Ireland + 4m..

There's no way Ireland is worth more than Enrique now, not unless Ireland pulls some blinding performances out of his arse before the end of the season. And if that happens there will be outcry that we shouldn't be selling him.

Enrique has his eye on a bigger move I think though.

Im so gutted that he has turned out to be a nut job. Such a technically gifted player that has all the potential to be one of the best in the league.

I disagree. I think that any player who can't play in any position of a standard 4-4-2 formation, is ever going to be a great player in the prem.