Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he was injured and not due to play and he went out for a few drinks? Jeez, that sounds like a hanging offence. Bet you wouldn't find may Villa players who'd do that, eh?

You can't rip up his contract, of course. You could probably pay it up, but I don't really see any benefit of that.

He wasn't playing, and he went out.

Give him the chair.

I could understand if he was falling around the place, pissed out of his mind. But pulling his top up? Hardly the worst thing in the weworld is it?

• 2 weeks later...
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has revealed that the club have yet to pay Stephen Ireland a penny in his first two months with the club.

24-year-old Ireland left Aston Villa on loan at the end of January, just as the transfer window closed.

The Corkman with a penchant for spending his megabucks on gaudy home interiors and even gaudier cars has yet to cash in on his move due to the conditions of his current contract.

"He's on a pay-as-you-play deal here," Pardew says, "but because of his injuuries he has yet to figure with us.

"It hasn't cost us anything, but it's very frustrating.

"He has not played a reserve game, and he cannot play against Villa next weekend, so I cannot get any continuity with him."

As he is on loan, Ireland will not be able to play against Aston Villa next week. Instead, his first opportunity to get his hand on a few quid will come when Newcastle face Manchester United on 19 April.

Providing, of course, that he plays in that game...

http://tinyurl.com/3lfbp3k

Very frustrating. I hope if he does come back to us we can actually get the best out of him. He has the talent but mentality wise he isnt right. We will have to see what happens. The thought of an in form Ireland behind Bent would be great. Doubt it will happen though.

So he's lying?

Thev article says

"He's on a pay-as-you-play deal here,"
If that's not true, please tell us how you know that.

The implictions are quite serious if Pardew is lying about the terms of the loan deal with Villa.