Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not saying I am a fan of this guys attitude but he's a very good player, he's showed it in the past and perhaps does need managing in a certain manner that gets the best out of him.

Cant see the lad having a future here now though I would welcome him back in the summer myself if he decided he was going to have another crack for us.

Ireland is a prick but it was always on the cards that the school teacher was going to piss him off within about 30 seconds of meeting him.
I wouldn't say Ireland is the only player the teacher has pissed off, very bad man manager.

I wouldn't say Ireland is the only player the teacher has pissed off, very bad man manager.

I've often wondered....what exactly is your opinion of Houllier?

Best mates last I heard.

:lol:

GH isn't the only manager to be pissed off with SI either though is he.

I've often wondered....what exactly is your opinion of Houllier?

Best mates last I heard.

:lol:

GH isn't the only manager to be pissed off with SI either though is he.

Also not the only Villa manager to be hated by FV.

Is GH pissed off with SI though? Genuine question really, if he was that pissed off with him, he'd be getting the Beye / Warnock treatment. (Training with the kids) Instead he's been loaned to Newcastle to try and recover his form / lose his mental affliction. GH still see's something in there I think, I know he did slate him in the papers that time but maybe that was his idea of trying to buck the player up, it didn't work so now he's sent him to Scotland, trying a different approach.

There's a decent player in there somewhere. He just needs releasing from Disneyland or wherever his head is these days

It pains me to say it but I think Ireland needs to go in the summer. Its obvious from his terrible performances for us this season, and the fact that he's buggered off on loan to Newcastle that he hasn't got the appitite for a huge club like Villa. Shame, because I really thought he would bring something different to the team this year, which he did, unfortunately is was his total 'anonymity' during games. It was like playing with 10 men with him in the team and you can't be carrying passengers in the Premier League.

No doubt we'll end up letting him go for next to bugger all just to get him off the wage bill, and I can't help feeling like we sold ourselves well short over the Milner deal. Citeh took away the 'heartbeat' of our team and we made what a £4m profit? Oh, and I almost forgot we got their bloody 'problem child' as part of the deal. Someone somewhere was a little naive at the time me thinks...

Is GH pissed off with SI though? Genuine question really, if he was that pissed off with him, he'd be getting the Beye / Warnock treatment. (Training with the kids) Instead he's been loaned to Newcastle to try and recover his form / lose his mental affliction. GH still see's something in there I think, I know he did slate him in the papers that time but maybe that was his idea of trying to buck the player up, it didn't work so now he's sent him to Scotland, trying a different approach.

There's a decent player in there somewhere. He just needs releasing from Disneyland or wherever his head is these days

Houllier has always said Ireland has special qualities he really likes but just didn't contribute to the team enough, so he obviously likes his ability, just perhaps not the attitude. We'll see in the summer. I'm sure whoever is manager will be able to see the commitment of the player in the first month of pre-season.

Oh, and I almost forgot we got their bloody 'problem child' as part of the deal. Someone somewhere was a little naive at the time me thinks...

Pretty much all of us id say, the general feeling being that we had got the better deal. Sometimes these things dont work out.

Speak for yourself.

I found it beyond laughable that people had managed to convince themselves that we'd gotten the better player.

Oh, and I almost forgot we got their bloody 'problem child' as part of the deal. Someone somewhere was a little naive at the time me thinks...

Pretty much all of us id say, the general feeling being that we had got the better deal. Sometimes these things dont work out.

Speak for yourself.

I found it beyond laughable that people had managed to convince themselves that we'd gotten the better player.

Too right.

Milner out, Ireland in was never going to be a good deal. Even with the money we got, it was still a **** terrible bit of business. We should have held out for a straight cash deal.

Houllier has always said Ireland has special qualities he really likes but just didn't contribute to the team enough, so he obviously likes his ability, just perhaps not the attitude. We'll see in the summer. I'm sure whoever is manager will be able to see the commitment of the player in the first month of pre-season.

At the end of the day Ireland is fighting with Young for one position in the hole. Houllier said he tried Ireland there and it didn't work and there's nowhere else for him at the minute. We can't drop Ashley Young or put him on the wing and drop Downing either so he's going to have to wait it out until close season or go out on loan to play for a bit - which he has. Then we can reassess in Summer - which we are going to do. That's all it is.