Stephen Ireland

Richard

Im so gutted that he has turned out to be a nut job. Such a technically gifted player that has all the potential to be one of the best in the league.

We ll we knew what he was liked when he signed, think we we're all hoping he could change.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im so gutted that he has turned out to be a nut job. Such a technically gifted player that has all the potential to be one of the best in the league.

I disagree. I think that any player who can't play in any position of a standard 4-4-2 formation, is ever going to be a great player in the prem.

To be fair to him, he hasnt really been given a chance has he? Even when he did play he was carrying an injury according to some people ITK.

I dont think he has a future with us at the moment, but maybe if we take him back and give him a full pre-season the situation could change for the better.

With Young most likely leaving we could still have a ready made replacement in Ireland.

In fairness Lex, his best position isnt in a standard 4-4-2.

I disagree. I think that any player who can't play in any position of a standard 4-4-2 formation, is ever going to be a great player in the prem.

Frank Lampard has been a great PL player. Van de Vaart looks like being great. Both would not be the same player in a 4-4-2. Even Fabregas didn't look half as effective when Arsenal played 4-4-2 hence Wenger's switch.

I'd be happy with £5+ Ireland for Enrique just to ge Enrique here....although he's out of contract anyway so he's on a free at the end of the season.

Is he really? I did not know this. That means the team that bids the highest wages will more than likely get him.

Blows us out the water i fear.

Saying that, im not convinced his contract is up this season, they didnt buy him that long ago...

I'd be happy with £5+ Ireland for Enrique just to ge Enrique here....although he's out of contract anyway so he's on a free at the end of the season.

Is he really? I did not know this. That means the team that bids the highest wages will more than likely get him.

Saying that, im not convinced his contract is up this season, they didnt buy him that long ago...

Wiki says 5 year contract signed 6-8-07, so finishes next summer.

Frank Lampard has been a great PL player. Van de Vaart looks like being great. Both would not be the same player in a 4-4-2. Even Fabregas didn't look half as effective when Arsenal played 4-4-2 hence Wenger's switch.

Have to agree with this. Those players perform to their best when they have players around them that enable them to. I'm not saying that applies to Ireland either.

Wiki says 5 year contract signed 6-8-07, so finishes next summer.

Oh yeah, sure I read it was up this summer, ahh well, still means could get him cheaper for around £4-5 million.

So it seems Ireland is "feeling" at home at his new club.. he says he loves it and wants to show Pardew that he is a quality player.. He is still apparently injured (although wasn't he due to play last week?) hmm.. anyway on friday night Ireland, Best and Folan decided to go to partying along with a few others.. Pardew isn't happy with this as they lost 4-0 to Stoke the following day.

Manager Pardew, whose team have won just once in 10 games, said: 'This is a situation I will have to look at on Monday. Certainly, it is not ideal on the eve of a match, even if you are not playing.'

Oh and the image...

stephen-forlan-stepehn-ireland-and-leon-best-with-a-friend-848814034.jpg

Come on Ireland, don't stuff this up we need you to get off our wage bill!