Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milner to City or Ireland to Villa, it comes to something when we dont argue about who was the best signing, but who was the least worst.

Quite an oddity when you consider it was labelled one of the best deals of all time, at the time.

Infact, it's been the worst deal in many years.

Agreed juanpablo a waste of space wanted nowhere near villa park. Haven't despised a player at villa so much since lee hendrie

Serious question and not looking to pick a fight, but what has he done to make you hate him so much?

His quotes about birmingham, his general attitude, the soap opera about his grandmas was a joke, slating Ireland (his home country.) But what grinds me the most is that he is a talented player but without an ounce of efforrt. Part from that i think hes mint

Agreed juanpablo a waste of space wanted nowhere near villa park. Haven't despised a player at villa so much since lee hendrie

Serious question and not looking to pick a fight, but what has he done to make you hate him so much?

His quotes about birmingham, his general attitude, the soap opera about his grandmas was a joke, slating Ireland (his home country.) But what grinds me the most is that he is a talented player but without an ounce of efforrt. Part from that i think hes mint

I think Gazton was asking why Lee Hendrie brought your ire?

I think Gazton was asking why Lee Hendrie brought your ire?

Must be his large carbon footprint after emitting so much CFC gas from his spray fake tan cans

Ok, let's look at them one by one.

1. Birmingham quotes. They were in a French football magazine and he insists he was misquoted. Not misinterpreted, misquoted.

2. General attitude. This covers a multitude, and I've tried many times to talk about this but people have their own ideas about him and I can only try so much to reason on this point.

3. The grandmas soap opera and the Rep of Ireland debacle. Yes, it was stupid. Very very stupid. However, has no bearing on his Villa career as far as I'm concerned.

4. Lack of effort. I think this is the most unfair criticism levelled at him since he arrived here but people have a preconceived idea about him.

4. Lack of effort. I think this is the most unfair criticism levelled at him since he arrived here but people have a preconceived idea about him.

Really? Unfair? Are you honestly telling me he has given 100% everytime he has played for us?

No I'm not, but I don't think he's guilty of being a "lazy prick" (as people have called him) either. His effort is no worse than other players, in my opinion and he has been tainted by the combination of the manager's comments about him and the fact that he is not James Milner.

Really? Unfair? Are you honestly telling me he has given 100% everytime he has played for us?

Who has for us this season though, from the players to the management and staff have all been lacking. I think Irelands past has come back to bite him since he's been here tbh. I'd say under a differant manager with better man management skills Ireland could have been better.

His effort is no worse than other players

If by other players you mean Carew who is long gone then ok.. but if you mean someone like NRC then imo your wrong.. he just doesn't seem interested whenever I see him play this was before the manager made his comments and I already knew he was a different player to JM.

Who has for us this season though, from the players to the management and staff have all been lacking. I think Irelands past has come back to bite him since he's been here tbh. I'd say under a differant manager with better man management skills Ireland could have been better.

Yeah but there are a few that can hold their heads high at the end of the season imo.