Stephen Ireland

Richard

I don't think he's lying but I also don't think it's a terrible deal. We weren't going to use him at all and given no one else wanted him it seems, at very worse, we make £0...and at best (at time of deal) we save ourselves around £500k and he also impresses and makes himself available for transfer or comes back to us with an appetite. Unfortunately, it looks like the first, although even just 4 appearances, will save us around £250k..

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pardew is talking out of his rase in my opinion

so we asked for no loan fee and agreed to pay his wages and only time we dont pay him is if he plays a game? what beenfit would taht have for us?

sounds like horse shite to me

So does that mean we are paying his wages when he is not playing for them?

The circus that surrounds Faulkner seems to continue.

Besides a new manager come June 1st, how about trying to offer out an olive branch to Steve Stride?

This. Why the club got rid of a guy with so much experience is beyond me.

I still wanna know who signed this prick back in August.

I always thought we would have been better off with the full money instead of having a reject + less money.

Ireland stated a few weeks back, that it was MoN whom set up the deal.

Maybe he could have got the best out of him. We'll probably never know.

I always thought we would have been better off with the full money instead of having a reject + less money.

If true why on earth would the board take on a player without consulting whoever their next target is. Its poor all round IMO

well i'm shocked....not

If true why on earth would the board take on a player without consulting whoever their next target is. Its poor all round IMO

agreed, it's a disgrace

Apparently it was too far into the deal to back out now, also, perhaps O'Neill chose him, they asked Kev Mac and he liked him also and so didn't want to completely ruin a deal so close to being done.

So I think the question is, who decided to sign him after MON left, given that a new manager might have his own ideas about transfer targets.

So I think the question is, who decided to sign him after MON left, given that a new manager might have his own ideas about transfer targets.

I answered this a couple posts up, not sure how correct it is but sure I read on here the deal was too far done for it to be cancelled and would have cost the club a fair bit had they cancelled it.

I answered this a couple posts up, not sure how correct it is but sure I read on here the deal was too far done for it to be cancelled and would have cost the club a fair bit had they cancelled it.

I've heard this before was well but have never thought it made any sense - it cost us quite a bit to sign him!

How much could the penalty have been to outweigh the discount on the Milner fee and the ongoing wages?