Stephen Ireland

Richard

I only cropped because my main point was about what I have seen on the pitch rather than on the move to Newcastle. We took a high-octane attacking centre mid who then just decided to be laid back? Doesn't wash for me.

He is not the only one to under perform/not look the same player under Houllier though is he. Majority of the players have under performed under him. It seems that a few have been singled out though.

All players have poor form at times. This should not be confused with poor form AND lack of effort. If a player exudes both, he should expect to be singled out, or something really is wrong.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland was poor under Mancini and never really looked bothered. He comes to Villa and hasn't look bothered under Houllier as well. A disgraceful attitude considering the money he makes on a weekly basis would be enough for some of us for our entire lives.

Correct, I've defended Ireland most times on here but ultimately he needs to get it in his head he has to start performing properly in the prem otherwise he'll be playing in the lower leagues in the next few years.

It's up to him but he needs to perform a Newcastle so he either comes back here in much better mental shape or they'll buy him.

Correct, I've defended Ireland most times on here but ultimately he needs to get it in his head he has to start performing properly in the prem otherwise he'll be playing in the lower leagues in the next few years.

If he can't get himself motivated to play premier league football there is absolutely NO chance he'll get out of bed to play lower league football.

• 3 weeks later...
TimothyAbraham Timothy Abraham

Seen there is a few quotes from Alan Pardew saying possibility of Stephen Ireland coming permanently in the summer.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has admitted Stephen Ireland could win a permanent move to St James' Park even though he has yet to make an apperance for the club.

Ireland, who joined Newcastle on loan from Aston Villa in January, has yet to figure for the Magpies because of a thigh injury.

The 24-year-old does not appear to feature in Gerard Houllier's plans at Aston Villa and it seems likely he will be on the move in the summer.

Despite his lack of action so far, Pardew believes that the midfielder still has enough time to make an impact and earn himself a permanent move to the North East.

Time

"He's still got time to impress me because I still think there is a chance of something permanent here for Stephen," said Pardew.

"Things at Villa aren't going too well. I want to have a good look at him before he goes back.

"We haven't got anything in place in terms of a deal, there wasn't time.

"He is under a little bit of pressure because there aren't many games left, but when you've got a player of Stephen's character, I don't think that is a bad thing.

"He is a player who has played on a big stage in the past, it's not like he is coming from a team which isn't high profile."

Why was Milner a Villa fan hero ?

He kept his gob shut and worked his bollocks off.

It's a pretty straightforward solution to Irelands problems but he prefers to whinge like a spoilt child instead of rolling up his sleeves.

Been treated poorly, tough shit, man the **** up get on with it.

No - he was pushed out at Man City, didn't play for over a year for the team he supports, grew up with and loves and then came to Villa right at the time where the manager left and the team was going through drastic changes.

I think Ireland is a Man U fan. Thats where he started his career.

If he gets his head screwed on right and works under a manager capable of getting the best out of him then as he has shown in the past he can be a very good player. At a bit of a crossroads in his career now and he can either get his arse/head in to gear and start producing again or he'll drift into obscurity.

No - he was pushed out at Man City, didn't play for over a year for the team he supports, grew up with and loves and then came to Villa right at the time where the manager left and the team was going through drastic changes.

I think Ireland is a Man U fan. Thats where he started his career.

He certainly didn't.

I had a dream last night I was sat in Mcdonalds and Ireland walked in sat down and asked a random girl if she would swap her pink blackberry for his Iphone... and they did.

Then me and Ireland started talking about players wages.

Stephen Ireland is a terrible terrible human being.

Himmler was a nasty, nasty Human being. As much as i dislike Ireland, hes not exactly in that catagory. :lol:

Look at the reason why he does not play for the Rep of Ireland anymore (apart from being crap) tells you all about the man.Perhaps man is the wrong word.