Stephen Ireland

Richard

it is time for him to man up, i want him to be a success, he cost £8 million and is no doubt one of our highest earners.

being injured or putting in crap performances is not a great start to a career but i think with a couple hard working players around him the pressure wont be there to create magic every time he has the ball.

with petrov getting that bit older, NRC most likely off unless he gets real on his wage demands, the uncertaincy of ashely young and or downing should create room for him to make his mark.

i think if he does ok at newcastle we wil give him a further 6 months and if it isnt working out get rid next jan, if he doesnt play well for newcastle i can see us dong a cut price deal to get rid in the summer

come on ireland, we all want you to be the player you can be.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I also think Gerard saying 'the door is open' for Ireland is just bravado. He doesn't want clubs thinking we are desperate to sell in the summer. After those comments from Ireland I don't think he is keen on Villa or Houllier.
I wouldn't be either. Both Houllier and Ireland had shite starts to their Villa career and both handled this situation badly.

Whatever has happened in the past with GH and him and even if GH has treated him badly, I don't really care. He hasnt performed for us and is never going to be a success here because as long as GH is here SI wont want to play for Villa. I hope he does well so that we can sell him for good money.

I never thought that Ireland's performances were as bad as Houllier and others made them out to be. I remember him playing against Chelsea and Bolton earlier in the season. He had great chances in both those games, and if he had scored just one of those I think he would be a regular starter in the first team by now. The idea of a Makoun, Bradley and Ireland midfield sounds great to me, with Bannan to understudy Ireland, Delph to understudy Makoun and Hogg to understudy Bradley.

"I feel settled even though it's only been a week,"

I think I would feel settled if I got my first wage packet of 60k ish and all I had to do was find a flat/house to rent and a bit of gentle jogging [knee injured for 2 more weeks] followed by a free seat to watch the arse play at St James. " Whay aye mun"

An absolute mentalist if I've ever seen one. He's also a spoilt little git. "Oh I need all this confidence and love, somebody love me". He gets paid 3 times as much in a week than most people on this forum probably do in a year. He needs to grow a set and stop being such a little drama queen. Modern day footballers, eh?

An absolute mentalist if I've ever seen one. He's also a spoilt little git. "Oh I need all this confidence and love, somebody love me". He gets paid 3 times as much in a week than most people on this forum probably do in a year. He needs to grow a set and stop being such a little drama queen. Modern day footballers, eh?

I know grow up you big **** baby.

I never thought that Ireland's performances were as bad as Houllier and others made them out to be. I remember him playing against Chelsea and Bolton earlier in the season. He had great chances in both those games, and if he had scored just one of those I think he would be a regular starter in the first team by now. The idea of a Makoun, Bradley and Ireland midfield sounds great to me, with Bannan to understudy Ireland, Delph to understudy Makoun and Hogg to understudy Bradley.

When we're conceding as many as we are you can't afford someone who does as little defensive work as Ireland in midfield.