Stephen Ireland

Richard

Has turned out to be a Lee Hendrie of our generation. Only difference is at least Lee wanted to play for us occasionally

No offence Rich, but ive been posting on this site for a couple of years now, and in all that has gone on over that time, im still yet to see a positive post from yourself!?

look harder, or in fact not so hard check out the first post of this thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy that Stephen Ireland is a special talent. He's go ability but the mental side of his game is so so poor. Not that he's 25 years old I don't see that changing so much.

I really don't see him having a future here and I don't see him having a consistent run of form at all. In his career he's had one excellent season and the other have been nothing to take note off.

You can blame it on some outside factors if you want to (managers don't treat him right, don't give him a chance, difficulty moving...etc) but the fact of the matter is that the majority of his career he hasn't shown anything special and I don't see that changing.

178 pages in and jury is still out on Mr. Ireland. For me he has the ability but his head just isn't in the right place. I don't know if he wants it enough to put everything aside and give it all for the Claret and Blue.

I am one for giving people a second chance so I pray AM can get the best out of him because it will be a new player who could make a difference.

He's a spoilt baby.
That's as maybe. But you're describing (the good) half of the Premier League there. Maybe we are just not used to handling players of this ability and/or mindset. The flair players can often be more difficult to keep happy. But if we could do it then he'd solve a big problem.

Many on here dont buy that ''he's streets ahead of anyone else in the squad in terms of ability'' line, but i do.

Its no coincidence that when he was playing alongside Robiniho he looked like a superstar.

He is that good.

Oh no question he can be absolutely amazing and has bag loads of potential to be world class. Only problem with someone who has potential and also has a bad attitude is managing to keep them happy and motivated. I'm all for giving one more chance to prove himself up until January, if he cannot manage it by then, ship him out.

We'd be stupid to not give him another chance. He left a team he didn't want to leave and joined a team where the manager who wanted him had walked out during the deal. He started 6 games for us, we can't write him off yet and he was clearly with a manager who had no interest in or who had no idea how to get the best out of him.

He's got quality and I for one hope he does get another chance here.

What we should do is make sure that he's happy above everything else, and then he'll play to his best ability. We should probably give him preferential treatment, and also make sure he never has to see the crap city of Birmingham. He might have to just play away games. That's okay, because he's probably only happy playing in Manchester. Tell you what, lets try to get the league changed to involve us playing 19 teams from Manchester to make sure he's happy. And obviously we won't be able to play at home. I feel that if we do this, we'll see the best of Stephen Ireland.

Has turned out to be a Lee Hendrie of our generation. Only difference is at least Lee wanted to play for us occasionally

No offence Rich, but ive been posting on this site for a couple of years now, and in all that has gone on over that time, im still yet to see a positive post from yourself!?

I stand corrected, 1 in 36,397........

:winkold:

I think if he stays he will surprise next season and play an important role in our top 6 finish :D

I stand corrected, 1 in 36,397........

:winkold:

So funny.

More than one actually but just an obvious example seeing as it was in this thread

I actually think a debate between so called positivity and so called negativity is actually a decent idea for another thread so wont continue the discussion here to take this off topic.

On Ireland I'd say the view expressed by Big John a few posts ago matches mine exactly

1 good year and we are still hoping it wasnt a waste of 8 million?

even man city fans who used to idolise him as he was one of their own, think he is mental and lost it.

if we can get £3million and him off the wage list i will be happy. he is not worth the risk, the disharmoney, the dispartity of his pay compared with the likes of albrighton who wants to play, has played and will continue to play add to that the piss poor publicity that surrounds him, his lies and general stupidity.

all that could be almost excused if he had a decent season last year, he was shit and then pretended to get injured all the time

£80k per week he is reportedly on

no wonder NRC wanted more money seeing the likes of this clown get paid more than double what he was on.

no wonder NRC wanted more money seeing the likes of this clown get paid more than double what he was on.

All the clubs are fighting to snap up NRC aren't they.

i dont know, im not his agent looking through the offers, are you?

i thought not.

he can pick and choose which offer to take and can wait it out until one comes along he is happy with, why on earth would he rush to the first offer when he can wait and assess all offers?

1 good year and we are still hoping it wasnt a waste of 8 million?

even man city fans who used to idolise him as he was one of their own, think he is mental and lost it.

if we can get £3million and him off the wage list i will be happy. he is not worth the risk, the disharmoney, the dispartity of his pay compared with the likes of albrighton who wants to play, has played and will continue to play add to that the piss poor publicity that surrounds him, his lies and general stupidity.

all that could be almost excused if he had a decent season last year, he was shit and then pretended to get injured all the time

£80k per week he is reportedly on

Are you his physio?

Are you his accountant?

You dont know if he was faking injury or if his on 80k a week